Alde 3010 Fluid Refresh - is there a how to on the forum? (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Alde UK are booking fluid refreshment/replacement for June 2023 🤦‍♂️

So, doing it myself, I’ve got the correct VW antifreeze (don’t panic people, it cross references perfectly to the Alde fluid) and 10l of distilled water, what I’m missing is a nice easy tutorial…

I searched resources but couldn’t find one, but is there one I’m missing? 👍🏻

I could resort to YouTube BUT people like Gadget John are on there!! 🤪

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
A lot will depend on how the system has been installed,the one thing you don't want to do is drain all the fluid out and then refill it as you then have to find all the bleed points! Alde do it by pumping in the new fluid at one point and letting the old out at another so the system is always full. Some people have done it 👍

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A lot will depend on how the system has been installed,the one thing you don't want to do is drain all the fluid out and then refill it as you then have to find all the bleed points! Alde do it by pumping in the new fluid at one point and letting the old out at another so the system is always full. Some people have done it 👍

Yes, that is exactly how Alde did it with mine. Systematically flushed the various parts of the system through and then replaced with new fluid. It wasn’t that expensive for them to do it and the whole system got a complete check. Good people to deal with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
That's exactly how Alde do it when there are two pipes to the header tank but it gets more complicated when there is only one 🙂

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I did our previous Dethleffs, it had a drain point under the van next to step with a brass plug fitted, remove said plug drained, refilled header tank slowly, we had a radiator in the garage with bleed value which was at the highest point in the heating circuit. Raised the rear of the van with the jacks as high as possible bleed the air from valve with the pump on its highest setting whilst topping up the header tank done dusted in 3hrs-4hrs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back