A Heki surprise (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
When I drew the bedroom curtains this morning, hoping for a dry day, I wasn't expecting this:
IMG-20240413-WA0004.jpg

My heart sank: somehow during a stormy night, the midi Heki rooflight canopy had taken flight, bounced off the car bonnet and shattered on the gravel drive.
I spent today on the van roof, between wind and rain, trying to make the van watertight.
The outer frame of the Heki is damaged, but the inner frame seems OK. I would like to sort this out myself especially as workshop slots will be busy at this time of year.
I should be able to get the parts, BUT:
1) Our van is a Burstner Nexxo Sovereign 2016; there are pre- and post- 2020 Heki models - are they compatible? I'd like to keep the existing inner frame if possible but I'm aware I may have to fit a whole unit.
2)The problem : there is a decorative false ceiling around the rooflight opening (see photos)
IMG-20240413-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20240413-WA0006.jpg
IMG_20240413_185537_HDR.jpg

which covers the inner frame surround, making access impossible: can I fit the outer frame without removing the inner frame?
It's been a bugger of a day.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Hi Sorry to hear ans read this

You will have to get access to the inner frame to take off as you need to unclamp the the outside frame/ roof

20210719_141859.jpg

20210719_184846.jpg

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
These have screws underneath the central part and can be popped out either with a sharp pick or screw a screw into the centre and pull it out, yes it will leave a small hole in each bit

Hopefully these are on all corners holding up the large outer cover and taking this down would give you access to the one under where you can take it off to then unclamp the outside cover

You will need to clean all the old bedding tape and relay like I did, then re-clamp new outer

Screenshot_20240413_221954_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
D
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you, RM Marine - I suspected I would have to remove the false ceiling. The marks you have highlighted are where I identified the location of the screws, although you can't actually see them, they are counter-sunk and the clever people at Burstner stuck the vinyl covering over them. ( I include this for any Burstner owner who may not be aware).
I have now identified all the screw locations. However, the false ceiling is a little wider than the side cupboards so I may have to work around that when removing the ceiling- this is rather a daunting task. Once it's off, I suspect it will look similar to yours. At the moment the hole is watertight, but we have really strong winds here at the moment.
Thanks again, I am grateful for any help offered!
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back