Free Member
Jun 18, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Hi all,I got made redundant and put some of my ill gotten gains into a motorhome.It's a Auto Roller 700 on a transit base.In a years time we are going full timing spending a year in this country then up up and away on the continent. I have not driven abroad yet and I am looking forward to getting some tips from other members.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Re abroard the roads are good just go for it and enjoy your new MH, We landed at dunkirk first time in France MH Trailer Smart car and 3000 miles later got back home. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Welcome to fun xxx

When one door closes another one opens, and theres nothing like opening a motorhome door in a beautiful place and enjoying the view

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
welcome!

:flyingwelcome:just enjoy the ride
and have fun :Smile: i have take your time and all will be well the first time we went with ower self buld we only went for a week and dident cum home for six weeks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us in a nice warm France

A warm welcome from us also... we are UK based but in France at the moment coming to the end of 3 weeks visit, we come over a few times each year for different amount s of times.

Cannot talk about full timing, but I would want to keep a base in the UK. Have you considered the issues of insurance etc., ??? that is a mine filed especially as a full timer and if you intend to be out of the UK you have to consider the registration etc., MOT .. still need it or if registered overseas the equivalent. Have you live in a small space for a long time .. motor homes in bad weather can be a bit close.. OK as like today where I am sitting under the awning of my American Motorhome writing on MHF....

You need to do a lot of research about it...

Anyway welcome to the site.. might suggest the best investment you will make is paying £10 subscription to the site so you can get lots of info.. those first 5 free posts soon run out... lots of people on here with all kinds of knowledge just for the asking.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie ... Northern France currently:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back