£37 a night in February! (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016

People pay that and more at Concierge Camp Site in West Sussex... and it's normally fully booked most weekends... Weekdays are a little cheaper... It's a stunning Campsite, and people I've met say, they'd pay more. Some weekends are £50 a night.. I've seen a few Premier Parks sites at this price too in Devon.. I think they want to attract non Riff Raff :whistle: I am not saying btw, that all people are RR.. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@sdc77

There are quite a few to choose from near Beamish and if you are a member of CC or C&CC there are a few 5-van sites too.

Broken Link Removed

We stayed at a super 5 van site at Maiden Law :) Hard standing, loo (no shower). water ehu. Very nice owners.

ironduck

Free Member
Oct 30, 2016
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
1 year
I'm also a solo full timer and keep well away from the £15 plus sites. The CCC and CC membership rates are more for me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're on a lovely little CL at the moment.. tenner a night with full domestic electric but it's sooooo muddy ... been here since November. That maiden law farm looks quite attractive .. :)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
What makes a person riff raff ?
if its meaning people like chavs/baseball wearing yobs or folk with not much money - I can honestly say i know folk with sh*t loads of £ and i would put them in the bracket of riff raff, beer drinking canabis smoking baseball wearing ferrari driving loud and foul mouthed pratts, Yea fancy paying £50 a night an being pitched up next to them. :swear2:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We rang them last year, and rang off again as soon as they told us their prices.
We found another site close by for £11 a night.
Another couple of reasons for not staying in the UK more than we have to was today's 40 mile round trip to find an lpg pump and the lack of water anywhere except an expensive campsite.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This year we paid £35 FOR a WEEK in Cornwall.
Walking distance to a choice of Pubs, Eating places, Take aways and shops. Oh! yes, and a good beach.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Staying on a site at the moment when booked for a month £2.80 a night with metered leccy, lovely showers not rough at all water and grey waste drain on pitch hard standing as well. I thought it was a joke as well till i got here. Free wifi as well .

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just booked ..can't wait 5 nights looks beautiful. .
Wonderful being rich

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Staying on a site at the moment when booked for a month £2.80 a night with metered leccy, lovely showers not rough at all water and grey waste drain on pitch hard standing as well. I thought it was a joke as well till i got here. Free wifi as well .
Cmon then, tell us where this site is.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We use the aires when abroad and CCC CS's in this country, NEVER paying more than £15 per night? Why would you want to when your van has all the facilities you need on board?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We use the aires when abroad and CCC CS's in this country, NEVER paying more than £15 per night? Why would you want to when your van has all the facilities you need on board?
That arguments been done to death... we don't mind sites with facilities ... or if they don't were fine too.. it's a choice thing isn't it. Were currently paying a tenner a day.. full ehu and waste ... vans been there since November. . It suits us .. but we also like some club sites in the UK with great facilities.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
No way i would pay anything like that for a pitch !! Glad i drive through England past Wales to catch a cheap ferry to France where most of the aires are free, Ditto re Germany with the Stelplatz. !!
Anyway better and cheaper to go to the "Funsters" rallies where you meet a nicer class of people !!!
We have several booked this year and looking forward to them all

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I havn't got my van yet, But I totally agree with you when I get it.
Mickey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back