LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Not today but yesterday in our local game park.

View attachment 149464 View attachment 149465 View attachment 149466

Always keep an eye on your rear view mirror - you never know what's coming up behind you.

Nice one, where was that. When I was in South Africa I went to addo elephant park and because the lady who took us there knew the rangers we were able to go where the tourists were not allowed. Got up close to some bloody big elephants, and at one stage we had to get away a bit quick. When they are in mus they are a bit dangerous. Fantastic creatures though and bigger than most peaple relies.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Nice one, where was that. When I was in South Africa I went to addo elephant park and because the lady who took us there knew the rangers we were able to go where the tourists were not allowed. Got up close to some bloody big elephants, and at one stage we had to get away a bit quick. When they are in musk they are a bit dangerous. Fantastic creatures though and bigger than most peaple relies.

Yes, that was Addo. We usually get there 2 or 3 times a year and have learnt where to look to find them.
Been very little rain here so the herds mostly congregate at the big waterholes - last week there were more than 300 at one.
Gentle giants indeed but only if you respect that you're in their space. A couple of years ago there was a group of Germans in a VW Kombi who got bored watching them just standing by the road and wanted some action photos so they lobbed a few beer cans at one bull..........
They were very lucky to get out before their Kombi was rolled into the ditch.
We will make our last 2017 visit next week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
Can you please tell me what cleaner you were using thanks in advance.

Sure, it was Fenwick's Motorhome Cleaner... and a lot of elbow grease! In places there was lichen growing and I had to use a light abrasive sponge, one you would use for teflon pans, and just gently.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 09.20.40.png

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Went for a walk to clear my head yesterday afternoon. This is just a bit west along the coast path about 4 pm. Very flat, calm seas. You can just about make out Godrevy lighthouse in the centre background, with St Ives just behind.

jolly.JPG

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
So! while I was posting yesterday's picture, I saw a wren really close to the window & picked up my camera. Well the wren flew off but look what I got in the gnarly old crab-apple tree!!! Little blighter was darting about like crazy so it was difficult to get it in the frame but YIPPEE - I haven't seen a goldcrest here for quite a few years!

goldcrest.JPG

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The are considered to be pests Joy.
Originally brought in from South America, to be farmed for their fur.
Some escaped or were released when the fur trade declined. They destroy river banks & vegetation, the habitat for native species thus threatening their existence.
River Rat is a good description.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
They destroy river banks too.

Last year our local fishing lake, in France, sprung a leak in its bank due to coypu digging. Took three days to dig out, repair and refill lake to original level.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The are considered to be pests Joy.
Originally brought in from South America, to be farmed for their fur.
Some escaped or were released when the fur trade declined. They destroy river banks & vegetation, the habitat for native species thus threatening their existence.
River Rat is a good description.

Ah .. so the problem started with man interfering with Nature again ... like starfish, cane toads and myxomatosis.. :(

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We get a lot of them in Norfolk.....

Are they still in certain parts of England then. I have never heard of them before in England only in France and then the only one I saw was a dead one on a road near twin lakes last year. Asked Gary what it was and he told me it was a pest.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
A picture paints a thousand words !!!
IMG_2909.JPG

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
yes they are Coypu a Frenchman told me they make good Pate!!!!

A lot of French homeless people living on rivers banks in summer make a good meal out of them! They say it is very good and taste like chicken... Sorry Joy, but some people have no other choice!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back