LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Terry
We met up with you and Cherry Pirate in Spain last year on our way back to Dorset in our Kontiki.
Please keep us in the loop on info as we are intending to go early Jan 2017.
We have both booked Jan and Feb off work, so may be in front of you but value your knowledge.
Cheers

Hi, yes I remember - it was on a new aire in Spain, your first rainy day in 3 months wasn't it? Nice to hear from you.

No doubt there'll be more info later in the year, watch the Morocco threads.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've been wanting to go for a while but not as a solo traveller... I'll keep watching the thread too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
also interested as first timers, beginning of February around 7th on wards, but dont fancy traveling alone for a first time, i keep checking the tread
regards

Stevang

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
Yes was hoping to tag along with someone who's done it before even just through customs etc it's our first time to was hoping January some time
Andrea

Stevang

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
Count us in hope to go January we have never been before so will be glad of some know how when and what lol !!!
I know we need rabbis jab for the dog do you need a citificate if it's all written in his passport ?
We haven't got green card yet do we just apply to our insurance broker?
is there anything else we need ??
Thanks Steve and Andrea

Stevang

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
Not used to the site yet but learning ..... Please let me know when you are planing to go to Morocco would be pleased with some help and advice x

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Count us in hope to go January we have never been before so will be glad of some know how when and what lol !!!
I know we need rabbis jab for the dog do you need a citificate if it's all written in his passport ?
We haven't got green card yet do we just apply to our insurance broker?
is there anything else we need ??
Thanks Steve and Andrea

@Stevang suggest you download the article in the Resources section (dark blue band top of page) also take time to review "Morocco 2015" thread - all info you need.

Rabies - as well as the jab you need a certificate that it has "taken" as you are leaving EU. See your vet, but it can take up to 4 weeks so don't delay.
Green Card, just ask your insurance company, but care as not all of them will issue. Check soon just in case.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not used to the site yet but learning ..... Please let me know when you are planing to go to Morocco would be pleased with some help and advice x

All being well we're intending to cross from Algeciras sometime around end of January, maybe 25th but currently can't be definite.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I coordinated a small group in January; basically get you across, give you some info and tell you to get on with it..

And for that you deserve a medal. Waiting around for hours. Feeling responsible. Often being pushed to act as nanny. Tonka did a heroic job a while ago, wasting a day or so of his holiday helping people buy SIMs.

Jim should have Hero of FUN medals to give out.

We on the other hand paid ÂŁ2000 for just this service for an organised tour, so your fellow FUNsters should be really grateful to you. Naturally when we went back, we knew it was so easy we went without help, but took a FUNster with us to help them. Now although they were lovely FUNsters and great company it screwed up our plans of staying longer in places we liked a lot because they were itching to see Morocco.

Bottom line is, if you tag along with a FUNster, don't expect too much.

And the other side of the coin is, it is great to have some company but not necessarily for the whole trip. We all work at a different pace.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nothing against the professionals, they can take you to and show you places that you'd have no idea about on your first trip. Have met a few couples who tried and enjoyed them, but all agree that after the first time it's so easy - and as well you can go off and do your own thing. There's enough info on here to keep you occupied for months.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
For anyone thinking of going early:

18-10-2016 09:54 AM GMT
Latest update: Summary – the UN Climate Change conference, COP22, will take place in Marrakech Broken Link Removed; there will be a high security presence, and you should factor in additional travel time, particularly if you’re flying out of Marrakech airport

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
For anyone thinking of going early:

18-10-2016 09:54 AM GMT
Latest update: Summary – the UN Climate Change conference, COP22, will take place in Marrakech Broken Link Removed; there will be a high security presence, and you should factor in additional travel time, particularly if you’re flying out of Marrakech airport
Thanks Simon,we are flying out for a week at that time for sons 40th didn't know about the conference I will inform D.I.L about this and it will make me look well informed (brownie points).
At the moment we are in Cartagena so we drive back home to fly to Morocco then fly home spend Christmas at home and drive all the way back to Morocco.Crazy?????
Hope you and Mags are well, look forward to seeing you "On the road"

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
oops wrong

Last edited:

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
Ps we had 10 weeks of wall to wall sunshine. Only rained on the day we left.

Wish we'd have been as lucky as you then. Went across in Jan 2006, travelling all the way down past Tan Tan to just before the border at Akhfennir. That was it, returned, would and could have been a good trip but in just over 3 weeks we had only 4 days when it didn't rain, and when it does it certainly does, red mud everywhere. I loved the place but unfortunately the experience put 'her' off and am still trying a lost cause to convince her it was a rare occurrence.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Brimal I would guess as well that in just 3 weeks all you would have been doing is driving - for the passenger not the best way to spend a holiday! IMHO you need at least four weeks and then don't expect to go much further south than Agadir. Lot depends on time of year as well of course; this time of year is their rainy season.
Get her to have a look at some of the other threads, eg Morocco 2016 - lots of lovely pictures by @PhilandMena - she might change her mind:sun:

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
We are also planning on visiting Morocco next January for about 6 weeks as retuning funsters that we met wild camping near Cabo Cope who said you needed at least 6 weeks to do it justice We are taking our dog and apart from the normal passport you require a successful blood test and our vet suggested re vaccination and then going for the blood test 31 days later which is the best time to get a higher enough reading to pass the test. I remember way back in 2003 when you had to have a blood test it was ÂŁ100 then. It will be our first time as well and would love to tag along with someone who has been before for a couple of days and then probably strike out on our own.Ted Trish and Morgan our Springer.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We are also planning on visiting Morocco next January for about 6 weeks as retuning funsters that we met wild camping near Cabo Cope who said you needed at least 6 weeks to do it justice We are taking our dog and apart from the normal passport you require a successful blood test and our vet suggested re vaccination and then going for the blood test 31 days later which is the best time to get a higher enough reading to pass the test. I remember way back in 2003 when you had to have a blood test it was ÂŁ100 then. It will be our first time as well and would love to tag along with someone who has been before for a couple of days and then probably strike out on our own.Ted Trish and Morgan our Springer.
ask around different vets . could be more like 35-50 quid for the blood test.
i say you need the full 90 days of the entrance visa . dont rush around .
having two jabs does make for a better tetra result . better safe than sorry.
but morocco is good fun . bit mind blowing sometimes but a great trip .
just hug the coast. some roads are a bit bumpy but you do see real morocco. take the m,way you miss so much . at rabat and casa and safi. far better to hug the sea gets through much easier .

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just received a letter from Carlos (Viajes Normandie - MHF preferred ticket agent) in Los Barrios, Algeciras informing us that overnight parking for motorhomes/camping cars is available directly opposite his office.

www. viajesnormnadie.net

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Just received a letter from Carlos (Viajes Normandie - MHF preferred ticket agent) in Los Barrios, Algeciras informing us that overnight parking for motorhomes/camping cars is available directly opposite his office.

www. viajesnormnadie.net
We got one too Ken - interestingly it seems that his prices have not increased for the last four years and I also spotted that its only 20 Euros extra for a trailer.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Got one about ten days ago, the main thrust was not to trust somebody who is claiming to be Mr Gutierrez, as we are being deceived!! Looks like someone's trying to steal his clients!!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got one about ten days ago, the main thrust was not to trust somebody who is claiming to be Mr Gutierrez, as we are being deceived!! Looks like someone's trying to steal his clients!!

Not surprised - he provides an excellent service. He even went to the extent of coming out late evening this year when I took a group across to tell me an accident had closed the port access road. He took me off in his car (everybody thought I'd been kidnapped!) to show me an alternative.

OP
OP
R

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
We're heading thru Spain at present and hoping to cross around 5/6th Jan. Not been before so would be good to tag along with any other Funsters

Floss and Ali

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Running Wild go to the Morocco 2017 thread. There's a list of Funsters who've posted they're going to Morocco and I'm sure somebody will be happy for you to tag along. Some other interesting info too i.e. discounted ferry fares for instance.

Bob and Ibby

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Torre Del Mar Andelucia
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7870
Exp
Since 2014
We missed going over with Terryl on 24th Jan because of illness and a van mifire to sort out
Now intending to go across late Jan early Feb and would be happy to join any funsters who are planning the same..if so pm me
Cheers
Bob and Ibby

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back