Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Ian, the name of the caravan sales/repairs place where they sell the ACSI books is CRUZ caravans at Elche. I can't remember the directions but am sure you could find them from Google. They had lots in stock last week. Hope you get sorted. Please don't go out today, its sunny now but blowing a proper hoolie here south of Santa pola:cold:
Pat

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There is a garage selling LPG just north of Beni...if you had asked on snowbirds group you would have got co-ordinates. not many bikes stay upright even on loose gravel...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Ian this squirrel had the Same bad luck as you.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi Ian, the name of the caravan sales/repairs place where they sell the ACSI books is CRUZ caravans at Elche. I can't remember the directions but am sure you could find them from Google. They had lots in stock last week. Hope you get sorted. Please don't go out today, its sunny now but blowing a proper hoolie here south of Santa pola:cold:
Pat

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Haha. A spa? Me ? Lolol. No thanks! Lol. I am however going to risk going out to the washing machines! I have to get a token first then to machine! I will be on my guard for all dangers and hazards !! Wish me luck !!!

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
ian, sounds like you need to go on a health and safety course.
keep doing what you do best...................... keeping the happy faces on us stuck in the cold and wet lands:)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Just arrived in javea, lovely place !! I am on the beach ordering a coffee sorounded by sun and lots of people! I drove around a bit loosely following sat nav and bugger me if I didn't see lots of Motorhomes parked up! So I parked, lovely English couple told me police had moved them all on today but they havnt got my details so I'm gonna chance it for a day, and night! Apparently some of em were here for 3 weeks!/QUOTE]

Glad you didn't get nicked by the policia and you've found a site you like. Shame you couldn't stay a bit longer in Javea. When we walked past the MHs parked up some had chairs out blocking the pavement and some had a sunny seating area on the opposite side of the CP! Taking the mick, not surprised they got moved.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ok update !! Made it to reception safely,, got token for machine, 4 euros Most expensive so far, I'm assuming my clothes will be cleaner than usual !! Got to machine ok, and one was empty, result!! Put clothes in and tablet( Ariel tablet, girls 3 in 1 ) lol. And closed machine set on warm wash and now I'm having a cafe con leche con dos azucar!!! Lovely'.

Rain has stopped, bit windy, but as my old man would have said. A good drying day!! She would have also said,, there's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes !! And when I asked her what's for tea she would say 2 things, first. Two jumps at the cupboard and a bite of the nob!! And if she was in a good mood it would be. You have iffits for tea!! Iffits in the cupboard you can have it !! Bless her heart!! If you would like some personal info I will share, only cause I'm not doing anything special today, and I'm in a generous mood!!

Born in Lambeth in London, and I remember living as a kid near a marmite factory? Anyway , moved to Victoria when I was about 7 , after my mum fell in a coal bunker and nearly lost her nose!! ( she still has a scar to this day) !! My dad was I. The metropolitan police, a sgt, and mum was a nurse,, ward sister and matron at one point! Oooo matron !!! Lol.

I was useless at school and hated authority! That's what lead to me leaving home at 15 ! It wasn't always a breeze being a coppers kid !! Stuck school out though and had a fully comprehensive careers chat on the week I left,, " come in young" he said , right you have 2 choices in life son he said,, army or a trade !! I guess the country needed both at that time? So I chose a trade and started in the highly intellectual world of the bricklayer, and all his Nobel prize winning associates! Paddy the hod carrier, paddy the fork lift driver, paddy the bricklayer and mr paddy McNamara the building contracts manager!! Self employed since finishing 5 year apprenteship, and if I had a son who said He wants to be a bricklayer I would break his fingers!!!

Now going back I'm time a true story!!!

I was born with a strangulated gut, I couldn't keep anything down. I was 2 months old when taken into hospital,, I was fed through my ankles( true) by tubes,, I was in hospital on a ward for 5 months when an Irish nurse who took a liking to me phoned my parents and told them I was dead !! Two weeks later when finishing his shift my dad went into the hospital, the surgeon ( who saved my life) happened to be there and called my dad into his office!!
Why havnt you been to see your son ? He said. My dad said straight away because he's dead!!! Well I'm not sure what happened next cause mum never told me but there was hell to pay!! The nurse I think was dismissed and she said she wanted to take me home herself!! Well that didn't help I was told with the bonding process with my parents and probably what has lead to me being a bit to indipendant at an early age !! Anyway enough for now. I will skip a few years and tell you more later!! My first date at 12 yrs old, it defines the way I am !! Lol. Ian xx.

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
This is fascinating and hilarious in turn. Keep it coming Ian. Definitely, a film in there somewhere. Now reading your posts out to my Mum on the balcony in Madeira, who is also giggling. It also demonstrates to her that I am not as mad as she thinks, choosing the motorhome life.
Mind you she also commented that I was born in a 22ft caravan behind a pub in Scaynes Hill. This might throw some light on my life choices.

Karen

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I saw that but post said you drove 1.5 hrs to get it instead of 20 mins up the road:)
Yes mate I did but I went back to Denia from beni and gave beni a wide berth going the other way past!! I actually got a map of old lpg stations and set the sat nav. That's why I ended up staying here. Only 5 mins from garage!! I'm getting the hang of these coordinate things it's not too bad when you look at it properly !!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
This is fascinating and hilarious in turn. Keep it coming Ian. Definitely, a film in there somewhere. Now reading your posts out to my Mum on the balcony in Madeira, who is also giggling. It also demonstrates to her that I am not as mad as she thinks, choosing the motorhome life.
Mind you she also commented that I was born in a 22ft caravan behind a pub in Scaynes Hill. This might throw some light on my life choices.

Karen
The only Madeira I heard of is the cake!! Is that where it comes from Karen? Where is it?? Lol

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ian, sounds like you need to go on a health and safety course.
keep doing what you do best...................... keeping the happy faces on us stuck in the cold and wet lands:)
I would just like to say that at all times in my working world in the uk Ian, I have employed many and both their safety and mine is of the utmost importance! I am meticulous in planning any job safety concern for all, and I am pleased to say that in my entire working life so far no one has been injured with more than the slightest cut or whatever on any of my jobs!! But I don't know what's happening now mate! It seems to have all fallen apart ! I can't do much as drink a cuppa without burning my lip!! Lol. Perhaps it's payback time!! Lol. X

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Pat

Pat. It's bound to be bloody cold where you are!!! With names like Santa and polar in it !! You can't be in Spain ??? Surely!!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Ha ha, so sharp! Santa pola is lovely, nice parking beside the beach too. We saw lots of moho's on there when we went to Elche last week for my friends new caravan pump. We will be going North soon so ours paths will cross. Hope you haven't got that washing hung out, it'll end up in Morocco with this wind!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ha ha, so sharp! Santa pola is lovely, nice parking beside the beach too. We saw lots of moho's on there when we went to Elche last week for my friends new caravan pump. We will be going North soon so ours paths will cross. Hope you haven't got that washing hung out, it'll end up in Morocco with this wind!
Hahaha I have got it all hung out and already I have had to rescue 2 t shirts and a sock from a grumpy old Germans dinner table opposite while he was eating!, but no food got into my clothes! Lolol

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I would love to see the artist Armand Foster draw pictures of your escapades they would be hilarious!!( he does funny art work in the M MM magazine!!)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Ian

We are on an island in the atlantic, The climate is subtropical and bananas, madeira wine and cake., are their famous exports. Also some footballer or other Ronaldo (?) it is portuguese and very green and pretty. However, it is also a volcanic island. Mum uses a wheelchair, so I am developing muscles i didn't know I had pushing her about up and down cobbled streets. Probably not the best destination, but hey neither of had been there before, and we didn't fancy the Canaries.

Back home on Wednesday. Next excitement is choosing my next motorhome. Deleted the RV avatar, but managed to post a picture of my expenses instead. Oops, hopefully now deleted. lol.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well I hope your mum has enjoyed the holiday! And you of course! I will keep my eye out for a solo female Arnold Schwarzenegger on my travels Karen, it's bound to be you!! X

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Pat

I gave him that one pages back as they are Hymer dealers.So when you go in there for a book Ian ask for some hinges in cae the other lot , Caravanasmurcia , haven't got any.Unless when you phoned them he said they had.

Pat. It's bound to be bloody cold where you are!!! With names like Santa and polar in it !! You can't be in Spain ??? Surely!!

Here is the addy again
Caravanas Cruz
Carretera de Dolores a Elche, km 1
03290 Elche (Alicante)
+34 965 45 78 19
ccruz@caravanas-cruz.com
http://www.caravanas-cruz.com/

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for sharing your early life. We are all shaped by our beginnings but choose our own paths in the end and you have followed an amazing path!! Oh yes I laughed at the German with your sock in his soup! Thank goodness it was clean!!(y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back