Today my baby is being taken away - Gutted. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Well, I was all 'happy and initially a little excited' that our motorhome had sold to a very nice couple, allowing us to move on - however, now the day has come for her to be collected by the lovely new owners I am absolutely gutted, a bit apprehensive and Mrs T says a little 'jittery'.
:blush:
I truly didn't believe I could get so emotional over a 'van' - but I just moved it to an easier part of my drive to enable the new owners to take off without 'acrobatic maneuvers' and I swore blind she talked to me, and if not, I felt that she did........ She started at the touch of the button and settled down into her normal, sweet tick-over that sounded like, "don't let me go", "don't let me go", "don't let me go". I walked around the front and the remnants of last nights rain was trickling from both headlamp pods, and only there (quick throaty swallow) I had to walk away.
:Eeek:

Lordy - I AM GUTTED, FEELING SICK AND EXTREMELY NERVOUS/STRESSED.

Going to start balling if I'm not careful.:crying:

Trikeman.:getmecoat:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I don't know whether to like this post I know it must be hurting hope you can get another van soon
bill

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
ahhhhhhh bet you are gutted , know I would be, feel sick just thinking about it. it's amazing how attached you get to the second home. Don't start balling or you'll have us all at it :crying:just think how happy you've made the new owners :clap2:and the fun you'll have looking for a new one ( that's if your getting a new one, you never said ) happy hunting, hope all goes well,and don't show yourself up hanging onto the bumper as they drive it away or it might come to blows :boxing: Mew and Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I understand completely ,felt like that when the Concord Charrisma went,never would I have a van like that again,also Smat car went loved it,but needed a bigger car for motorway driving.

I am very happy with my Autosleeper,but it's taken a long time to get use too.
If needs must,you don,t have much choice.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Trikeman don't be upset by these unfeeling posts, I know just how you feel, I openly cried when we sold my kitcar!
You'll never replace her but try to love again.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Remember the feeling well with our previous Motorhome.
Lots of lovely happy family memories. But mizzie went to a lovely family , so they'll have more memories to build in her.
But it's made slightly easier knowing that you've got a brand new empty Peugeot van being converted by your hubby on your drive. That and the fact that the proceeds of the sale pay off your mortgage and go towards the build !

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
or a renault traffic with a machzone. uterley priceless........... well i cant get much boooohooo.......... can realy

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just think on the happy times you had in it. Hope your next one turns out to be as good.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
That explains something-I saw it go past yesterday,and thought 'that doesn't look like Kev driving' :) It went past very sedately.
Hope you're feeling better about it this morn.(y)

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Mine has been gone some 3 weeks now and I am just about getting over a very bad attack of motorhome deprivation
This is the first time in 30 years we have been without either a caravan or motorhome on the drive and every time I pull into our drive and see that empty space I feel a sense of loss.
Add to that, we will be missing out on being with our Funster friends at Pembrey this year
so yes I know exactly how you feel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back