Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (3 Viewers)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Campsites hey!

20150517_130217.jpg

Bloody washing lines...

JJ :cool:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Well folks. What a great few days we had at Twin Lakes. It was good to put faces to names and a big thanks to JaG for arranging every thing. Nice to know we had a lot in common Graham :)whistle:). Sorry we didn't see you to say goodbye:cry:.
Hope the struts hold JJ and a big thanks to Frankie for the wine, Janie & Bob for the nibbles.
Take care and a safe onward journey to you all.
Steve & Sue
xxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for coming Steve and Sue.
Hope to see you on another rally somewhere, maybe even next year here.
Clunk, click, every trip, wink, wink, know what I mean.:france:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Link to Twin Lakes Meet photo album.
Many thanks to MikeD for posting them all for us.
Broken Link Removed

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
From Elvis and his Child Bride Priscilla.
Most folk don't know Elvis was a Man. City fan!! It was his 1st visit to France too at the Twin Lakes. What a great time we had too even on a flying 2 night visit. We'll done Graham and Jean. You were terrific organisers. Good to see J.J. ON 2 knees to my City Mat!! He's right up there in my estimation. Sorry had 2 leave early I've got to practice for the Show at Fun Rally at Corfe Castle in June. Hope to see you all for longer September 2016 at Twin Lakes.
Ugh Huh!!
Steve and Anne. Elvis 1709

Not just an ordinary supporter either...

None other than ELVIS himself... (with his child bride Priscilla).

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Graham & Jean. We are now staying 35klm from Paris on our freinds drive. But would like to thank you both & all the other funsters for such a fabulous 2wks at twin lakes. It was brilliant. The other funsters we met were really great company. Please thank Phil & Julia for running us around aswell as yourself. We will definetly be back for the same next September. Will stay in touch & see you at Wrenbury.

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks
Hi Graham & Jean. We are now staying 35klm from Paris on our freinds drive. But would like to thank you both & all the other funsters for such a fabulous 2wks at twin lakes. It was brilliant. The other funsters we met were really great company. Please thank Phil & Julia for running us around aswell as yourself. We will definetly be back for the same next September. Will stay in touch & see you at Wrenbury.
Thank you,
It was a pleasure meeting you both and look forward to Wrenbury, then maybe even Camping Arena Blanca in Benidorm in September. We are there from 8th September for 31 nights. :cheers:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I see John and Pat (Jaydee) present. See you down in Spain next week. Its very warm here in the Ardeche, no doubt is where you are too.:cool::cool:
We would have joined you on the rally but as we are pretty unsociable we didn't :D

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Arrived home at 5.15pm and been slaving away since then... Got everything (or nearly) washed while sun is still out to dry it up ...
JJ is on his way but not far from my place , he should be here within an hour.

I would like to thank you both JaG (Jean and Graham) for organising the meet. It was really nice to meet some more funsters, and meet up again with our friends!!!! I hope everyone will have/has had a nice trip whether it's back home or just to some other destination .
I really enjoyed the peace of Twin Lakes and its surroundings. Lots of little roads around to cycle, nice place to rest indeed.

Hoping to see you all very soon!

Amicalement

Frankie:):cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am back at my Private Aire in Toulouse after a smooth trip.

I stopped for a serious bit of Professional Freeloading...

Parked in a Leclerc Supermarket car park near a MacDonalds and made a quick sandwich while checking my emails. All the stuff for the sandwiches came from an Intermarche not Leclerc and I didn't pop in to McDees for a sundae! :giggle:

Many, many thanks to JaG for arranging the meet. We had a great time.

Thanks to all my transport people for bringing vital supplies from Blighty and to Bob and Janie for those new Portuguese secret spots!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Last night was Race Night, our last 'event' of the Meet. It was a real laugh and a close call when the Belgium were set to take the prize. Half way through Peter from one of the statics to the unbeatable lead, closely followed by Kevan and Rob/Jo.
How do you get a group of Funsters rolling around the floor with laughter and waving their hands in the air? Easy.....Make the last race a caravan race. You should have heard their excitement as they watched each caravan being smashed to bits, never to hit the road again.
Great evening and thanks to everyone who came along for the fun. :notworthy2:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
New Funsters arrival yesterday - Rouge Storm. Hope you enjoy the last few days of the Meet with us. Three leaving today, which will just leave half a dozen of us. Farewell to treetops1, Brent Elaine and Pat 1951. All three have been here for almost the duration of the Meet and have ban great friends and company. We are really going to miss you all, as we have the others who have left. Safe journey home to all of you. Thank you so much for joining us on our holiday at Twin Lakes.

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
We are now having a late lunch overlooking Le Loir at La Fleche before walking into town with Brent and Elaine.
Had a wonderful time at Twin Lakes and will visit again next year
Big thanks to our host Gary
Party planners extraordinaire/driver and tour guides - Graham and Jean
And our new friends Phil and Julia, Bill and Eileen, Brent and Elaine and Pam and Mick, looking forward to the reunion in Spain in a couple of months
Thanks again Pat and Trish

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi JaG. Just arrived in Valencia and we really want to express our appreciation for all the hard work you must have put in to organise your meet. Both Shirley and I had a wonderful weekend and were happy to put some faces to names. Thanks again and hopefully we'll meet up again soon.
Robert and Shirley

Junior

Free Member
May 10, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
small motorhome
Exp
A decade
Nice to call in and see you all on our way past from La Rochelle down to Bordeaux.
Everyone friendly as usual, great to see you again Jean and Graham. The campsite is beautiful, peaceful and relaxing.
Sally - Junior!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Nice to call in and see you all on our way past from La Rochelle down to Bordeaux.
Everyone friendly as usual, great to see you again Jean and Graham. The campsite is beautiful, peaceful and relaxing.
Sally - Junior!
It was lovely to see you again too. Lovely photo of you and the lake at Twin Lakes.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Found at Twin Lakes reception. One bag of unwashed washing contains striped shirts and t shirts striped. In a Morris ons bag. I can bring it back to the UK if required.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well Funsters it is almost time to put our 2015 Meet to bed. There are 3 of us left, all leaving on Friday. Over the period of the Meet there have been an average of 17 Funsters on site, despite the poor weather we had at times.
It has been a fantastic meet from Jean and my point of view. We would like to thank the 41 Funsters who joined us during the three weeks and made it such a success. The special events were all great, including Jeans 70th birthday dash, Mr & Mrs, Karaoke night, Quiz nights and the Horse Racing meet. The visits to the Montguyon Lake, Blaye, Talmont, Bourg and Royan were enjoyed by the 14 that came on each visit.
We hope to see you all again in September 2016, beginning on 8th and ending on 25th September 2016. Watch the Rally Calendar later in the year.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Sounds like you all had a gr8t time, as was expected with the Funsters.
Apart from dying--we'll be there, god willing , in 2016

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Twin Lakes Ralliers the photo album opened for your gathering is empty. Could you upload some for posterity? Thanks (y) Broken Link Removed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Many thanks Jean and Graham enjoyed our stay at Twin Lakes very relaxing, nice meeting up with friends and putting faces to names.
Off to the vets today at Rochefort for the train on Wednesday.

Posted on the worst free internet I have ever had. ............... smile
Bob and Janie.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Twin Lakes Ralliers the photo album opened for your gathering is empty. Could you upload some for posterity? Thanks (y) Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

I wrote to you about it:
Morning Jim

I am having trouble with the album "twin lakes". Somehow I have locked it to prevent others adding photo's.

Could you either unlock it or advise me on how I could.

Regards

Mike

MikeD, Broken Link Removed

Graham and I have photos on this album. :D(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mike that is a private album, upload them to here Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

I wrote to you about it:
Morning Jim

I am having trouble with the album "twin lakes". Somehow I have locked it to prevent others adding photo's.

Could you either unlock it or advise me on how I could.

Regards

Mike

MikeD, Broken Link Removed

Graham and I have photos on this album. :D(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I enjoyed my 2 nights there as it was so relaxing. Not normally my kind of thing (have not even seen it on TV) but the Mr & Mrs competition was great fun! and the winners (pardon but names escape me) had such an unbelievable knowledge of each other, it was uncanny! Will pop in again next year, the effort Jag puts in remarkable.....well done that man!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back