Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We have been trying to phone Twin Lakes but goes straight to voice mail, so have today left a message on answer machine and also sent an email to confirm that we would like to attend this meet arriving 14th and departing 17th may and that if possible would like EHU. So keeping fingers crossed........
Cheers.
I have sent you post to them.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Depends whether you do tolls or not, it is quite possible on the motorway, could even do it in one day if you keep driving.

Maybe found it on garmin by putting in french town Urdos on N134? Is this the right tunnel :(

Looks a direct route, surely snow gone in May? Have winter tyres though! :)

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We're booked in from Monday 18th to Friday 22nd probably looking a bit road weary as it will be the last week of our three month trip around southern Europe. Ferry booked for the 25th so a slow-ish drive back to Dieppe over the weekend. We'll need a local vet to get the dog sorted from Wednesday onwards. Do you know of one in the vicinity?
Look forward to seeing you. There is a vet in Montendre, which is less than 2 miles away. I think I have put it on the location map of local amenities if I am not mistaken.
We have been trying to phone Twin Lakes but goes straight to voice mail, so have today left a message on answer machine and also sent an email to confirm that we would like to attend this meet arriving 14th and departing 17th may and that if possible would like EHU. So keeping fingers crossed........
Cheers.
Update. Got an email back from Garry in less than 2 minutes. he says he has not received an email from you. You are now booked in as requested. Just let me know you have received this message. Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
will one overnight somewhere be enough to get from twin lakes to Calais do you think?
Yes no problem. We are leaving Twin Lakes early morning and staying just outside Rouen Campsite Le Clos Normandy, which is 380 miles from Twin lakes and 120 miles from Calais. We are doing the same site on the way down, all being well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Look forward to seeing you. There is a vet in Montendre, which is less than 2 miles away. I think I have put it on the location map of local amenities if I am not mistaken.

Update. Got an email back from Garry in less than 2 minutes. he says he has not received an email from you. You are now booked in as requested. Just let me know you have received this message. Thanks
Something not right here. I phoned the following day and was told that the email had been received but as it was late when received he would reply next day. He also confirmed that we are ok for dates required. ( did put the dates on confirmed list)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
JaG. Is there any form of transport into Bordeaux centre, or alternatively what is the parking like? I've driven around Bordeaux many times, but never been into the centre of town, so would like to take the opportunity.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
JaG. Is there any form of transport into Bordeaux centre, or alternatively what is the parking like? I've driven around Bordeaux many times, but never been into the centre of town, so would like to take the opportunity.
Don't know about transport in to Bordeaux but have parked there.....eventually. It was a nightmare trying to park up in the centre area. maybe someone else can tell you about transport.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
No chance of parking in Town! Try going to Park&Ride /Pessac /Merignac, etc they are indicated all around the ring road(Rocade) and take the Tram, very easy and user friendly (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I will be arriving on the 8th May for 2 or 3 nights. Do I need to book and will elec be available

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I will be arriving on the 8th May for 2 or 3 nights. Do I need to book and will elec be available
Ther will be room though I cannot say if EHU will be available. You would have to check with Garry at Twin Lakes. Look forward to seeing you.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Tram is your best bet for getting into the centre of Bordeaux. Check on line for the nearest line. Or, there is a railway station in Montendre where you can get a train straight in.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I see from the Twin Lakes web site that they stock Calor Gas.

Is that really UK Calor cylinders? I have both Calor (13kg & 6kg) and FloGas (2 x 11kg) cylinders available & I'm just wondering what to put in the van.

Personally don't know but if you email them they will tell you

I tried that, but got no response.

I'll have another go. Maybe they've been away, having a rest before the onslaught! :D
I now have the answer - Twin Lakes have stopped selling gas altogether because of a change in the relevant regulations. @JaG , there may be some web site maintenance to do!

It is available in town though. I have now acquired an adapter so that I can connect a French bottle if needed.

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
intend to leave UK on the 10th so should be in twin lakes region approx 12th----13th hope to look in for a couple of days having just paid my yearly subs should be OK with organisers. sounds a brill site and will make a nice break on our travels south. jt. (john--doreen)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Should have been about to leave for Twin Lakes tomorrow....sigh:(:(
This illness really floored me, and I was really p++d off when we had to cancel.:cry::cry:
HOPE EVERYONE THERE HAS A REALLY GOOD TIME. I've no doubt loads of fun will be had by all.:party2:
Have fun,
Chris & Viv

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Viv & Chris
Glad too see you are on the mend. Me & Deb leaving on wednesday for France so we will have a few wines,brandy & beers for you and Chris . See you both soon and get better . Rob & Deb (y)(y)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry folks, we thought we'd be able to tag this meet on to the end of our winter break, but it's not possible.
Hopefully another time
Enjoy

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
That will be the wine forecast you were looking at. See What's On on Twin Lakes site. We have put on what we will be doing whilst there.
We are down to Dover tomorrow, arriving on site Wednesday. Let the party begin.
JaG,

I have looked at the whats on and am confused, do the french have a different calendar? according to mine 1st May is a Friday.

John

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
That will be the wine forecast you were looking at. See What's On on Twin Lakes site. We have put on what we will be doing whilst there.
We are down to Dover tomorrow, arriving on site Wednesday. Let the party begin.
My wine forecast is rosy. Actually it's normally red. See you on Friday!

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Anyone going for the Fishing? Here's a Tip!! they won't go for anything less than a Full English:restmycase::france:

Drive

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
Shrewley
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
2 years
All set
Leaving on Tuesday, arrive Friday,
Roll on Tuesday
Drive

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I see from the 'WhatsOn' on Twin Lakes site that all the dates seem to be out.
We are arriving on May 14th which is a Thursday but on the whats on it is monday.
Do you know something that we don't!!!!!!:whistle::whistle::LOL:

Deffo a Thursday on my calendar too!!
Mind you, you never know when it comes to Froggy Calendar Printers... They might have been on wine all day when they've actually printed the French Calendars
:rolleyes::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back