Yet another meet plagued by generators!!!! (1 Viewer)

Speaky

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
R v
Exp
4 years
I was one of the generators running, Call your self funsters, most are fun very nice people, as for the grumpy group, you have already had your opinions of why when and where gennys should be run, and im not even bothering to explain myself wny a genny was running. think my membership will be cancelled very soon.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I was one of the generators running, Call your self funsters, most are fun very nice people, as for the grumpy group, you have already had your opinions of why when and where gennys should be run, and im not even bothering to explain myself wny a genny was running. think my membership will be cancelled very soon.
Suit yourself! To be fair, if you don't agree that people should have consideration for others at rallies (and that WAS the general point of all our 'grumpy group' posts) then I doubt you'll be missed! Certainly not by me if you woke me at 8, I work hard all week and enjoy being allowed a little lie in when away with the Motorhome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old1

Free Member
Jul 28, 2012
Funster No
image.jpg
Can't see the problem. Lol

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
most people work hard all week as i said you dont know any facts,
Well maybe if you had explained the 'facts', people might be a little more understanding? To be fair, you can't expect people to simply accept antisocial behaviour (and I personally think 8am is pretty antisocial, maybe I'm the one in the wrong) simply because you have a reason, if you don't tell them what it is! How would we know the difference? Some people are just ignorant and inconsiderate!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
And @Speaky , to be fair, most of the posts on here weren't having a pop at everyone who used a genny. Just the ones who used them at 8am or for exceptionally long periods. If that was you, then I don't think an explanation is out of order so that people don't continue to think it was simply lack of concern on your part.

old1

Free Member
Jul 28, 2012
Funster No
Well maybe if you had explained the 'facts', people might be a little more understanding? To be fair, you can't expect people to simply accept antisocial behaviour (and I personally think 8am is pretty antisocial, maybe I'm the one in the wrong) simply because you have a reason, if you don't tell them what it is! How would we know the difference? Some people are just ignorant and inconsiderate!

Gerri, il tell you where your wrong shall I,,, shall I

Calling yourself a Rugby fan, when your from bloody Gloucester

Tractorrrrrrrrr

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Gerri, il tell you where your wrong shall I,,, shall I

Calling yourself a Rugby fan, when your from bloody Gloucester

Tractorrrrrrrrr
Oh yes! Glorious Glaws! Finalists in the European Challenge Cup you mean! Bring it on!

Speaky

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
R v
Exp
4 years
ask the lady with original post what she heard first just my generator of a large lorry engine running next to my van, and if the lady and her partner were not so nasty when shouting generator wars i would have turned it off straight away and been more considerate. but i thought sod him.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
ask the lady with original post what she heard first just my generator of a large lorry engine running next to my van, and if the lady and her partner were not so nasty when shouting generator wars i would have turned it off straight away and been more considerate. but i thought sod him.
Well we aren't being nasty or shouting, so why can't you tell us the reason that you needed to start running a genny at 8am on a crowded rally site?

old1

Free Member
Jul 28, 2012
Funster No
Oh yes! Glorious Glaws! Finalists in the European Challenge Cup you mean! Bring it on!

Ha ha , your a lucky girl the Welsh are proping you up, what are you guys 8th or 9th.

Challenge Cup, what's that ? Isn't that for all those who never really made it to the real European Cup,

You might get something for the dusty trophy cabinet, as won't be with us at Twicks this year.

lol

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Does anyone need to declare that their mh does not have a gas provision and relies solely on batteries and 240v power?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Speaky no Speaky no more.

Just being selfish then or a lorry woke him/ her up.

Speaky

Free Member
Jan 3, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
R v
Exp
4 years
This was are first show only had the motorhome 3 months, W knew we needed new items for the van, ie solar panels, new awning and safari room, and a few other item. we have had the items added to the van at the show. S will not need to the genny as much, having leanrt lots of things living off hook up.We all make mistakes and i thought the hours of use of gennys were from 8 til 10. I even went and bought a silent generator as i thought this would be a solution. If the lady and gent would of asked nicely it would have been off straight away but im sorry im not being spoken to like that.

newlifedriver

Free Member
Dec 6, 2014
in my rv
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
Why do you feel to need to justify your self every one banging there drum cos you ran a jenny and dont leave lad let all the grumpy sods take over god help them when my family are lifting weights and boxing at 8 am

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
One reason we do not stay at shows anymore ...generators and diesel powered heaters.
Got both ,we'll be at the Thetford meet and Lincoln show, should we get a warning sign to put up and then enjoy the extra space around us, :D. Now people whistling that's one that really gets on my nerves

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This was are first show only had the motorhome 3 months, W knew we needed new items for the van, ie solar panels, new awning and safari room, and a few other item. we have had the items added to the van at the show. S will not need to the genny as much, having leanrt lots of things living off hook up.We all make mistakes and i thought the hours of use of gennys were from 8 til 10. I even went and bought a silent generator as i thought this would be a solution. If the lady and gent would of asked nicely it would have been off straight away but im sorry im not being spoken to like that.

That makes sense.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I'm sorry it was an rv owner. We all know now that the rv bashing will start. Just be thankful we weren't there our leisure batteries are knackered and Mike has not got round to buying new ones yet and our genny backfires whenever a load is put on it. Btw if anyone can help solve the backfire problem we would be very grateful. Andrea x

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Oh crap, did someone mention diesel powered heaters,
i did not think they were offensive noise wise, but i do know they can smell a bit

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm sorry it was an rv owner. We all know now that the rv bashing will start. Just be thankful we weren't there our leisure batteries are knackered and Mike has not got round to buying new ones yet and our genny backfires whenever a load is put on it. Btw if anyone can help solve the backfire problem we would be very grateful. Andrea x

From my perspective, it is not about bashing anyone - it is about raising awareness of how actions impact on others. With the benefit of hindsight and experience, things could have gone differently. Maybe this thread will raise awareness and help reduce issues in the future.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
That makes sense.
As it was your first rally, I can only apologise on behalf of all of us that you were rudely spoken to. There is never an excuse for rudeness, however grumpy we might be feeling. We are pretty new to the whole thing ourselves, and you are right, we all make mistakes. I'm just disappointed that your response was to keep it running just to p@ss them off (you said you would have turned it off, but sod them) as I'm sure they weren't the only people nearby having to suffer the noise at that time!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back