TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@ Sioux we're at Portimao now, have been for a couple of days (until Saturday) but I'm sure it wasn't us. Come knock on the door - we're the van with the moustache on the front! We'll talk to anybody!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been thinking about this some more ( better to think about ANYTHING other than my crap at the moment ! )

Been a member for 7 years..
Apart from one person I have yet to meet a single soul who is a member of Fun and I would not call friend
On the other side of the coin we have met several folk who are long term members of 'another place' and honest truth, have found many I could not wait to get away from !!!
And yes, I appreciate that is proly chance or luck but still................

To that end there is an argument to be presented that Fun is cliquey ..
But that clique, for us, is rather massive and extends to the whole of the membership !!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Been thinking about this some more ( better to think about ANYTHING other than my crap at the moment ! )

Been a member for 7 years..
Apart from one person I have yet to meet a single soul who is a member of Fun and I would not call friend
On the other side of the coin we have met several folk who are long term members of 'another place' and honest truth, have found many I could not wait to get away from !!!
And yes, I appreciate that is proly chance or luck but still................

But that clique, for us, is rather massive and extends to the whole of the membership !!
:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
It must have been painful having all those stitches in your lips :).

:lipssealed: ouch, ouch, ooowww :banghead: :giggler:

Hurray, well said, I second that! ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Quite sad this thread, for two reasons-
1) it's a MH forum and a great one at that, meeting others is great but don't take it too seriously. Honestly? I've met some funsters that I would not ever want to talk with or meet again and I've met some that have become great friends that we tend to go away with them often on our own. It's not a clique it's a natural thing to find others that want to party like us make some noise like dogs cars bikes Jerry Clarkson music dieting skiing running the countryside LED lights and a million other things. No one ever gets a black mark in my book as I just accept my lifestyle isn't for everyone. we work hard we play hard.
There's no strangers just friends you aint met yet.

2) Why would I want to align myself with someone who takes great pleasure from looking at life in a completely different way from me and come in to conflict with them? I hold an olive branch to everyone regardless of age join us or excuse us but that's just life surely?

There are people in my running club that are so far up their bottoms they need a torch, there are miserable gits down at the gym and the pub that are just horrid. Funsters do nothing more than reflect society,

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ha ha...writing on a phone and being lazy with punctuation. I got what I deserved but it could off been worse

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Oh they'll be plenty of tea/coffee & hot choc I dare say:)
......and even fizzy pop:LOL:

If you let me know in advance I'll even bring my milk frother for your chocolate / coffee. It was so expensive I can't afford another to leave in the van full time (a whole £1 from IKEA).

Oh and you can have a choice of different hot chocs..... "normal", white and luxury white at the mo.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
In that case Debs I'll take a bottle of 'Bigfoot' white zinfandel.

(Love the dogs by the way, there's a lot of Staffie in the black one)
Shesh...have I got to make a shopping list;)
Staffie in both of our two......and Tess,the one you mentioned shares certain characteristics of Trikemans staffies....:eek:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That's been my favourite dog since ah wer-a -lad.......:inlove:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
That's been my favourite dog since ah wer-a -lad.......:inlove:
Good, glad to hear it(y)....they have a bad rep sometimes.....but it's usually been because the owner has not been good:mad: (imho)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There are people in my running club that are so far up their bottoms they need a torch, there are miserable gits down at the gym and the pub that are just horrid. Funsters do nothing more than reflect society,

Exactly correct.. just because we have a motorhome doesn't automatically make us compatible... in fact it has very little to do with it...

We are not that interested in meets, don't do the 'partying' that some enjoy.. prefer to be in the company of just a few friends ..
We traveled for three years on our own, wouldn't consider doing it any other way.. seen a few who start out on a journey as friends.. ending up hating each other.. but along the way made some very good friends and have remained so since.. but at the same time we came into contact with some we would not want to meet again..

if you saw us and came over to our van you would get a proper Scottish welcome.. our door is always open.. always will be .. just because we are not 'party animals' doesn't make us dour .. or unwelcoming.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
at the same time we came into contact with some we would not want to meet again

That's sad Jim, I have to agree I have met some whose company I prefer to others, but haven't yet met anyone yet who I really wouldn't want to meet again, but then I haven't met Tootles yet.

I think as we have the same birth year even though he's much older than me, I reckon we will politely tell one another "where to get off" over a glass or two.
:wink:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
That's sad Jim, I have to agree I have met some whose company I prefer to others, but haven't yet met anyone yet who I really wouldn't want to meet again, but then I haven't met Tootles yet.

I think as we have the same birth year even though he's much older than me, I reckon we will politely tell one another "where to get off" over a glass or two.
Or me :whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are not that interested in meets, don't do the 'partying' that some enjoy.. prefer to be in the company of just a few friends ..
That's a good point. We were talking at Newark last week of the difficulty of conversing in a crowded room or marquee. I find in some places that background noise makes it impossible to hear normal conversation. We had an enjoyable couple of hours in the Pig & Whistle on Friday but gave it a miss on Saturday because music in such a confined area is too much for our ears.

As you are both in the same year but much older category I can safely assert that births after July were much improved quality :LOL:;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back