Kampa Motor Rally Air Awning? (1 Viewer)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I'm contemplating purchasing a Kampa Motor Rally Pro Air awning for our AT Tracker, for a little extra bung it space and somewhere to exile wet dogs to when required. Has anyone got any experience/feedback on said awning? Are they worth the considerable coin over the non-Air versions with poles?

Also, it seems in 2014 there may have been material options of 150D and 300D Weathershield, whereas in 2015 there's only 300D. Is the lighter material too fragile/not weather proof enough leading to this change, or is this just to simplify manufacturing/supply chains etc?

Thanks for any pointers.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, a lot will be decided by how close the top of your hab. door is to the (canopy) awning, as you may find
the air tubes do not allow it to open fully.

Cheers, Dave(y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as above, but also be aware that the lower air tubes are supposed to rest on the floor so the height from rail to floor compared to the awning is important. also can be a bit odd on slopping ground.

we considered one but i could not see how i could get a good fit and that would really irritate me at the price they are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have the 390XL, extra height, great fit, easy to put up

BUT

We do have an issue where the 'poles' in the corners distort much more easily that we would have liked, but it still works well enough, Kampa have tried to help and were willing but not a lot of use

Biggest problem we have would apply to any awning, when attached to the wind out awning there is a lot of weight that needs to be wound back in, I am convinced we have slightly bent the front rail of our Omnistor making it hard to put away fully

Will I buy another when needed, not sure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back