Rally Essex Gourmet Meet 28 Nov - 1 Dec (2 Viewers)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just wondering, now Friday night is catered and Saturday night is catered, seems a shame to have to cook on Sunday ;)
We live half an hour away so would guess that Sunday evening will be something out of the freezer......... As usual......

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
So now we know where we are all parking Sunday night :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
For those not familiar with the Essex lingo….I thought this would help ;)

538073_584684904893405_532084886_n.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Do they sell 'real' beer at the working mens club?
Just planning ahead....

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Do they sell 'real' beer at the working mens club?
Just planning ahead....

Yup! Always have a handpump of shepherd neame on.
Plus bud, carling, fosters, thatchers gold and prob some I can't remember!
Dearest is £3 pint - and a club double is £2.20;)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Sadly due to an ongoing health issue of mine I have pm'd Dave that we have to pull out of this meet.

There should therefore be a couple of spare spaces if anyone is up for it ... should be a great meet with lively company and splendid grub.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sadly due to an ongoing health issue of mine I have pm'd Dave that we have to pull out of this meet.

There should therefore be a couple of spare spaces if anyone is up for it ... should be a great meet with lively company and splendid grub.

Please get well soon.... would have been lovely to see you both again .. :(

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can you confirm that we will have EHUs on the site please? Normally not necessary for us, but the Truma is playing up and won't work on gas at the moment. Don't want to freeze to death!

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Good idea! I'll have a word and see what they can do, and a price!
A table buffet mix of hot and cold stuff maybe??? If I said to cater for X number at say £5 per head - I reckon that would work, assuming the majority (if not everyone!) intends to spend the Friday night there, and will be happy to pay for this??? I can only ask the question - if everyone is up for it.....over to all of you!

Sounds good to me Dave what ever. (some people never been hungry)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
3 places left - be quick!!!

Reminder from Post1 - £15 pn per unit inc EHU, £5 per head Friday buffet, £24.95 per head for Saturday meal. Wine list and drinks not inc!

There are a few hard standings, and some further hard standing areas. Worst case scenario - as we will have the site pretty much to ourselves, parking can be on the access roads etc through and around the site if it is seriously wet! Levelling chocks are adviseable, as well as long EHU leads if you have them so as to be more 'flexible' with pitching up! The larger units will have preference for the available hardstandings, as well as anyone with mobility issues. There are sufficient hook-ups for everyone attending.

Current runners and riders below;

1)BreweryDave - Dave and Jackie 2
2) Duxdeluxe - David and Dawn 2
3) Robert Clark - Robert and Lis 2
4) Mike and Dawn B 2
5) Rosierose - Lisa and Julian 2
6) Iomramh - Brendan 1
7) DavidG58 - David and Bev 2
8) Clive - 1
9) Cliffandger - Cliff and Ger 2
10) Edgy - Ian and Shirley 2
11) Theonlysue - Sue 1
11) Justlooking - Steve. 1
12) Pat4Neil - Pat and Neil 2
13) RS_rob - Rob & Mandy 2
14) Terry - 1
15)
16) Movan - Joy 1
17) Armywowheels - Colin and Sandra 2
18) peterc10 - Peter 1
19) Madwife - Kath and Howie 2
20) TheCaller - Simon and Jane 2

3 seats at dinner left!

Please Please Please let me know ASAP if for any reason you can't make it - since I have the whole restaurant booked - don't want to let them down!

I have arranged free temporary membership at the social club for the Friday night, and they will have an extra barmaid on to ensure we are well looked after - the booze is very cheap!

A hot'n'cold buffet will be provided at the social club on the Friday evening at £5 per head which I will book for everyone attending unless you specifically tell me you don't want that. Will be a mixture of usual buffet type food, as well as Chilli and chunky bread, chips, sausage rolls etc. - and a stick of celery for the veggies!:LOL:

Also - it will be fine to take any musical instruments into the club should you so desire!

Saturday night for the meal - smart dress please!
Can still be 'smart casual' but come on - lets make the effort!
Dress to impress:cool: I would suggest wellies, crocs and fleeces are most certainly off the menu;)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think this was asked before, but do we need to book direct with the campsite? Cheers, David

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I think this was asked before, but do we need to book direct with the campsite? Cheers, David

Nope. Being your humble servant, and sworn to a life of servitude towards my fellow funsters, I have taken the full weight and responsibility for this upon my shoulders and will undertake to manage the whole weekend for you - but only if you buy me beer:p

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nope. Being your humble servant, and sworn to a life of servitude towards my fellow funsters, I have taken the full weight and responsibility for this upon my shoulders and will undertake to manage the whole weekend for you - but only if you buy me beer:p
Deal!!

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Last time you organised anything, I was seriously ill afterwards

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry about that Dawn - but since you're coming again, you obviously liked it, so i will do my best and maybe invite some of my West African friends to come and visit you:eek:
Why are you sorry tohat Dawn was ill...... but not me!!!! Bustard.
:) ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back