Day 14

The thunderstorms that seem to have been following us up from the Mediterranean finally caught up with us with venom today. Apart from torrential rain at Malzieu-Ville and again a Bray sur Somme we have escaped the worst of it. Until.....

Overnight we were jolted awake by water dripping onto the bed from the roof light above us. It hadn't leaked during the rainstorms we had driven through. I dried the channel where the flyscreen and sunshade slide through, and it seemed to be an end of it. But, I was still worried that it would happen again.

This morning I climbed up onto the steps and checked what I could see of the seal and it looked okay and in place. Our theory was that water got in when it rained and we hadn't closed the open roof light in time. No doubt the next time it rained we'd find out....

Today is the day we take Reggie up to the vet's in Bruges. Lieve is quite famous amongst Funsters. Before we set off it was another raining and thunder session! Reggie was very stressed. Barking and running back and forth. Not a good sign for the 30 mile drive to Bruges.

During a brief sunny period we had a walk along the footpaths behind the campsite. Reggie seemed to be less stressed out and sniffing everywhere.

The satnav said around 50 minutes to the vet's. We decided to set off around 4.15pm for a 6pm appointment. Everything was stashed away. So when we left the pitch it was as though we had never been there. Oh, except for the poo-bag I had left under the front of the van earlier and had forgotten about....

As we left the site (http://www.jeugdstadion.be/) it started to rain. The route chosen by Ohrex was A19 and A17 to nearby the surgery. By the time we got to the A19 it was torrential rain again. The roadway completely flooded and then the flashes started and of course the thunder followed.

Reggie is now fully signed up as a Belgian Pet Passport holder. The cost was €88 and this also included his worming pill to get home on Friday morning.

The drive back was pretty much the same route in reverse. Lashing rain until we arrived on the outskirts of Ieper/Ypres. I checked the rooflight for wet and it was dry and there have been no more drops of water on us! Not inside the van anyway! :)

We settled in for another night listening to scrap world crashing and banging.

Tomorrow? We are off the the Camping-Car Park aire at Bray-Dunes. This is the most expensive we have ever visited and is €19.60 for the night. On Google Maps all I can see is a green area with no aire! Let's hope it's where they say it is....
Reactions: rolosroller

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
InvictaMoto
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

“LockMout,”