Hartlepool Marina Monkey Hangers Rally 7-11 July 2016 (Hartlepool Marina) (10 Viewers)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Last night, another big thanks to the band, a great night

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

Last edited:

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Hi all
Back home from yet another great meet thanks to Mike for allowing us to come and for the great music shame we won't hear them again but best of look in all you do in future and also to techno for parking us up on Friday lovely views perfect spot

Cheers tomi and June

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Back home now all safe, our thanks to Mike and Andy for a good time while at Hartlepool and all their effort Mike and Tina (y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Mike top organisation had a nice weekend put a few more names to faces.

Stuck on A1 deep joy getting a nice tan on my right arm though
Depending on where you are stuck, and where you are going - you might want to re-route [or park up to wait it out]

Last updated 14.39
"Both carriageways of the A1 at Stoke Rochford are expected to be closed for up to the next four hours after a collision involving a tanker and car towing a caravan."

It's near Grantham

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for the weekend Mike (y) you were scoffing again when I left :)

and thanks to all that helped make another great weekend

I could do with a favour from anyone who has a half clue what I did with yesterday, Bev was asking what I got up to, recall museum on Friday and a few :LOL: drinks on Friday night, clearly remember going back for a few more on Saturday night, but can't for the life of me think what I did with the whole of Saturday o_O

I recall watching a little of the F1 qualifying, but that leaves a good few hours of something :)

I have deleted a few of last nights photos to protect the near innocent, but will put some on media in a bit :)

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Thanks to Mike and all for making it a entertaining and fun weekend Lofty and Barbara

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi@DavidG58. Glad you got home safely.., sitting in the pub and we have all discussed the whereabouts of you yesterday, you were offered a real cracker but you settled for a Manchester tart.didn't see you again until last night, so dont know your whereabouts in between.. see you at the next meet. Mew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
We have just had one of the best nights ever with FUN.
Lets face it I have never had a bad night when listening to musicians whether it be the whole band in a large marquee at a big show or a single artist on a beach in Maroc but this was special. Several did individual spots that really lifted us then all played together. I know these words do not do justice to the performance we were treated to tonight but is was a blistering event.
All I can say is a very humble thank you.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
What a an absolutely super weekend.
Much thanks to Mike and Andy for the superb organisation and to all the Funsters who made our time there so special. Never laughed so much for a very long time and made some great new friends into the bargain.
Ashley & Ian

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A huge thank you to @makems Mike and Gwen for arranging a great meet along with all the Musicians who played for us both evenings we had a totally FUN filled weekend. It was lovely catching up with so many old friends and meeting new ones. Also Andy @Techno for his marshalling and help.

A great big thank you to @PenelopePitstop and Gwen for a great afternoon's shopping and the laughs.
Then of course a heartfelt huge thank you to @Terry for his help and kindness in sorting out our water leak.
I really don't think there is another club like this that really is Fun.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
A big thanks to Mike & Andy ,a great meet, well organized and good to see the band on stage on a superb fun filled and relaxing weekend .Looking forward to next year already lol. Harry&Shirley.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I had a good night in the bar despite having to spend some of it outside, overlooking the water and trying desperately to sort out my tablet before we set off on a tour of Scotland (it's got ALL of my camping apps on it!)

Thanks for everything - Gordon

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A BIG :dance:to Mike and Andy for all the time and effort put into making this a brilliant weekend, for all the great music we had and all the laughs from start to finish. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back, you definitely deserve it, a great time was had by all.

:drinks:and thanks again. Mew and Mick.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
A brilliant weekend, thanks to you Mike, Andy, the band and all the others who made is so, so good. Can we give you our deposit for next year please? We had such a great time and everything was perfect for us.

Cheers, Rex and Janet

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Everybody was off site just after 11:30 and the man from the Council arrived 10 minutes later and was amazed how tidy the site was, so thank you all you Funsters for being such a tidy lot!
Gwen and I have had a blast which makes the whole event worthwhile.
Events like this don't run smoothly without hard work from a number of people.
Star of the show has to be Andy @Techno for his tireless Marshalling and almost continuous presence. Big thanks also to @martin1485 and Rex @PenelopePitstop for their able assistance.
lots of others helped out as roadies to help carry the guitars, amps etc to and from the pub - thanks to you too (you know who you are)
Mucho gracias to @Terry for help sorting out problems with our van (and everybody else's too)
The only downside has been our fridge stopped working overnight and I have had to bin some stuff so we will be eating large portions of meat and fish for the next day or so.
Will the rally return next year?
Who knows - the Council may redevelop the site and we will be out of the UK on a long trip until August. However if someone else wants to do the organising next year I can give them all the contacts and phone numbers to make it happen.
Thanks to everyone who turned up, I hope you had as much fun as I did.
Mike

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Another thank you from us to Mike, Gwen and Andy for all their hard work.
As rally newbies we were made to feel so welcome - all you Funsters are so friendly!
We had a fantastic weekend - plenty of laughter, made some new friends, danced, ate a lot and drank a little ;) and we would both encourage all Funster newbies to give it a go.
Plus I'm the proud owner of a new electric folding bike :cycle:
Looking forward to meeting up with you all again soon.
Sharon & Godfrey xx

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Back home in Kent after a fraught journey. Diverted from A1 to M1 because overheads said A1 was blocked and had long delays. Got a way down the M1 when the overheads said that was blocked too. So took a cross country detour back to the A1 further South

Anyway thanks to Mike and all his helpers and all the musicians for a great weekend. We almost managed to drink the pub dry!

Hope somebody close could arrange it again for next year - we live over 300 miles away.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Big thanks to everyone involved with getting this rally together had a great time again meeting old friends and new.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
A big thank you Mike for organising the rally what a fantastic time I had and thank you Terry for sorting out my fridge and showing me how to use the facilities.I learn something new each time I meet up with Motorhome fun group.What a fantastic crowd.I hope it continues for many many years.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am feeling worse by the hour here, thought I had got round to speak to most people here, loads of names giving thanks I don't recognise, it's getting harder to recall faces / forum names / real names. I posted on another thread this is a bit like Sudoku for keeping dementia at bay trying to recall all these details

and I have no idea what sex most posters are, at least I recognise the face in @Alfieplustwo but don't know if you are Alfie or one of the plus 2 :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back