Rally Chester Rally Easter 2016. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Thanks to everyone who helped make it a fabulous weekend, and one I thought I'd never be able to travel to ever again. Michael sends his thanks to the marvellous bunch of fellas who pushed us out of the mud, and its a Rally we will always want to attend in the future.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
what a great weekend it was great catching up with some old friends @Terry @movan @Theonlysue @Ambilkate,and many more its was great to see you all again and good to catch up on the funster gossip lol,hope to see as many as possible at petebourgh ,again thank you so much for a great time xxx
ps @Terry you would look great in a pink tutu lol

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
What a fantastic weekend a big thanks to Carol and Eddy who have worked their socks off all weekend, not forgetting Jim and Sian, the bacon butty makers and Dave on the Karaoke
Filled up with gas on the way home ready for the next trip, Sandra has done three loads of washing and I am sitting here with a pint of home brewed IPA which even though I say so myself tastes quite good. :)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Got home a couple of hours ago. It's all been said, but will bear repeating - thanks to ALL who made this rally so brilliant. Our first one at Chester at Easter, but certainly won't be our last. We were going straight home after being towed off, but fortunately we mistakenly turned left instead of right, and had to double back on ourselves - by the time we got back to the racecourse gates we had decided to go back in for the last night! We had a quiet afternoon and evening in front of the telly in the van......... - yeah right!!!! Steak and chips at Spoons and a singalong in @Ambilkate 's van - a night to remember, and a brilliant way to finish off a stupendous weekend. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well its all been said already, but thanks to everybody who made it another great rally.

Van emptied and washed and just looking forward to the next trip away.

Martin and Jen

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Another great weekend, thanks to Carol, Eddie, Andy, Jim, Sian and everyone else who made it so good. Managed to get off the ground without any problems and washed the van down today, ready for the next "off".

Mar 9, 2013
amlwch ynysmon
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 620
Exp
Caravan 1990_2013/ motorhome2013-
Thanks to everyone (fellow funsters and organisers) for a brilliant weekend in Chester, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Nice to see Jan and Mike again. Lovely Easter break.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
It was lovely to see you too .
Thanks to everyone (fellow funsters and organisers) for a brilliant weekend in Chester, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Nice to see Jan and Mike again. Lovely Easter break.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Although a bit belated, a big thanks from us too, to "ALL" who organised and helped out over the weekend, and to those who heaved and pushed others out from the quamire that it was. (y)

@lorger. Gerry, if Simon Cowell phones you again to sing us up, don't you be giving him the brush off a second time. I can't believe you actually did that. :(
I just know he'll ring again, cos the word on the circuit, is that Louis Walsh is desperate to get a hold of us too, and Cowell won't be out done, so keep your ear out for that life changing phone call. Okay? ;)

We are at home, and have loads to do before our next time out in the MH, which will be in a fortnight, heading for the Chunnel, then down to Italy & Croatia.

Rita and I hope to see you all at sometime over the meets being held in June & July. (y)

TTFN,

Jock & Rita. :)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Ambilkate, @Popeye @daveandsan @Theonlysue @beacons @Terry @Brendan @movan @Carol - remind you of anything........? ;) (I cant expand the clip on here, but just click to open.....!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjRyGnAG7oY

P1010889.JPG

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
@Carol thanks for a fabulous week end, lovely to see you all again and @Jim & Sian and @toledo for much of the music, way before my time but we liked it.

You the funsters made it such a brilliant week end especially all those I've met before and it was really great to see you all again.

Met for the first time @panda @Terry @funflair @beacons @Brendan @grumps @G T and Dottie @hilldweller @haganap @Jimbohorlicks @Gerri19 @Ockerron @nifty fifty @Petrol_headz @ShiftZZ @The Happy Hooker @triclops @whingyraindrop @Zoppydog @XRN @irnbru @Kybod

I also met for the first time @ukbill with any luck it will not ever happen again, the man should have a Health Warning stuck on his person; he is 'Dangerous.' Thanks Bill, I promise to improve my level of Piss-Taking to perhaps one-day resemble the Master......... Give my best to Salopian!

It was a thrill to meet some of the newbies @Wendo @Anthea M @Hyacinth 1 and that lovely couple
@Steve & Kathryn Vaughan , sadly I still didn't get round to meeting everyone and I'll never remember all of your real names but thanks for making our weekend such a lovely memory.

Popeye........ Have you hugged a quiz winner today....... Up the Union

Last edited:

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We would like to add our thanks to everyone too. It was a fantastic weekend despite the weather, great to see the camaraderie amongst the pushers!
Special thanks to @swanseajack13 for displaying Norwich City colours even though they weren't playing!!
Hope to see some of you again at York
Chris & Tony

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough

Heck, Popeye, you get around!

My thanks to all that made it so much FUN. Special thanks to Carol and the gang and to Techno (Jacqueline and Andy) for the DVD's, which, when watched, I intend to sell on at another rally and raise a bit more for the FUN charity.
I really have to add...though we were at the back of the field we managed to drive straight off when all around us were being towed. I LOVE my Auto Trail Grande Frontier!
Looking forward to meeting up again at Peterborough, where, I understand, sunshine awaits us!

Lorraine x

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you to all the Funsters who helped make our Easter Rally at Chester such good fun despite the weather, a special thank you to @Techno for keeping the list up today for me, I have give a extra thanks to the lady's who took part in the cake and bonnet competition and Mrs @Slawitbob for her wonderful Easter Egg Cake and Sophie @daveandsan for the lovely Easter Bonnet she made.

A huge thank you to @Gerri19 for the quiz it made a great first night and way for funsters to get to know now another, also to @toledo for the Karaoke a brilliant night was had so much talent have to mention @ciderman and @ukbill for getting the singing going and all the other singers who joined in.

Of course I can't forget our great Bacon Butty Gang who cooked 600 Rashers of Bacon a huge thank you, and I have to mention the brilliant Fun spirit of everyone who helped push the vans out that were stuck and the patience of those who waited for the tractor.

So many funsters helped it was so nice to hear so many new members saying how welcome they were made to feel so a BIG THANK YOU to one and all.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
17 Funsters in our van singing wimowhey :) Popeye and Carol have video evidence lol

I'm owning up to NOTHING on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :Eeek:

.................................Though I did hear that Cliff was deliberately sabotaging wimoweh and singing the DIRTY words to 'Old Mother Hubbard! and poor old young Brendan was trying desperately to leave so as not to carry any blame in the morning.

Yours truly attempted to leave just to make room for more liquid refreshment and I wasn't allowed to leave either.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A big belated thank you :dance:to Carol, Edd, Sian and Jim for all the work that went into a great Easter weekend. :cheers: and Well done to you all (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Another belated thank you to everyone for a great weekend and sorry that we didn't get round to saying farewell to everybody before we left on Sunday afternoon.Quite smug that we drove off unaided, but then after a horrendous journey across England on the M62 (rain, sleet, hail and temperature down to 2 degrees) we met up with @signworks in Ingoldmells and promptly got stuck in the mud on the site there!!! Once again thanks to all and see you soon at another Fun meet,
Ron and Gerri

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Heck, Popeye, you get around!

My thanks to all that made it so much FUN. Special thanks to Carol and the gang and to Techno (Jacqueline and Andy) for the DVD's, which, when watched, I intend to sell on at another rally and raise a bit more for the FUN charity.
I really have to add...though we were at the back of the field we managed to drive straight off when all around us were being towed. I LOVE my Auto Trail Grande Frontier!
Looking forward to meeting up again at Peterborough, where, I understand, sunshine awaits us!

Lorraine x
Not sure about the sunshine at Peterborough but we can hope, were you the Autotrail with the hydraulic jacks?

Martin

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Not sure about the sunshine at Peterborough but we can hope, were you the Autotrail with the hydraulic jacks?

Martin

Nope. The A class Autotrail ...and this is the important part... Mercedes rear wheel drive. Although there were a couple of sticky moments towards the exit from the field, the girl done good!

Lorraine x

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Another belated thank you to everyone for a great weekend and sorry that we didn't get round to saying farewell to everybody before we left on Sunday afternoon.Quite smug that we drove off unaided, but then after a horrendous journey across England on the M62 (rain, sleet, hail and temperature down to 2 degrees) we met up with @signworks in Ingoldmells and promptly got stuck in the mud on the site there!!! Once again thanks to all and see you soon at another Fun meet,
Ron and Gerri
Hi Ron did Gerry leave/loose a silky butterfly scarf in the tent ?If so I found it draped around my neck at 4 am when I got to bed -No idea how it got there ;):D
terry

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nope. The A class Autotrail ...and this is the important part... Mercedes rear wheel drive. Although there were a couple of sticky moments towards the exit from the field, the girl done good!

Lorraine x
Ah that one, good looking van by the way, RWD is cheating:LOL:

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back