Rally [Jul 31, 2015] Falkirk Wheel Meet (Falkirk) (7 Viewers)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Sandra, I will still go for the breakfast and look forward to it as well and just for Rupert, most people up north can and do speak English probably better than some of the southern people.

You just broke your duck in getting to a double figure posting on Fun lol

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
where's that please???.;)......I'm lost once I get past Berwick on Tweed I'm afraid :D

If you get to Berwick you will be lost again :LOL::LOL:

Carter Bar is on the A68, a far more scenic route north, take the airport turn off the A1 at Newcastle, think that is the A167, that merges with the A68 at Otterburn, Carter Bar is the border with Scotland / England, good view point in the layby. The road is not steep or severe but so much nicer than the A1

Looking forward to our first meet, (you and me Debs that is, we have done a few meets:))

just off to research 'Scottish Tablet' never heard of that (y)

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Sandra,

I'm still up for breakfast - the full billy bifter! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Sandra,

I'm still up for breakfast - the full billy bifter! :)

And that will be the morning after you lead us all a merry dance Sue. :LOL:

Ps everyone Sue is the Ceilidh teacher:) and is married to Ian the owner of Arbroath smokies so get your orders in NOW

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
Sandra - how do you PM on 'Fun' - want to ask some questions about Rewind.......

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I will pm you Sue..keep refreshing your page and watch inbox...you got it :)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

Carter Bar is on the A68, a far more scenic route north, take the airport turn off the A1 at Newcastle, think that is the A167, that merges with the A68 at Otterburn, Carter Bar is the border with Scotland / England, good view point in the layby. The road is not steep or severe but so much nicer than the A1

Looking forward to our first meet, (you and me Debs that is, we have done a few meets:))

Cheers m'dear, I will have a look in the map......(y)
Never heard of tablet:eek:.......where've you been:ROFLMAO:
Yes, looking forward to meeting you too:)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Usually link sausage , bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, POTATO SCONES, beans, fried egg, black pudding....thats the general gist of it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Usually link sausage , bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, POTATO SCONES, beans, fried egg, black pudding....thats the general gist of it.

What about the HAGGIS! Send it back if it's no got that.:eek:
Aw comoan Sandra, link sausage? What about the good auld square Lorne sausage? Dressed, obviously, with brown sauce.
slobber, slobber, slobber now where did the wife hide the frying pan?:unsure:

If only I'd known. Would have cancelled our other plans.:cry::cry::cry:

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
And you can add slicing sausage, slicing haggis, fruit pudding too if that's not enough :)

For me, I can't wait for my first haggis supper drowning in proper brown sauce for over two years!

Our posts crossed last night @irnbru. Combine that with an overexcited six year old because it's "zero sleeps till the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!" and that's why I couldn't do a longer reply ;)

We leave one week today. Seven sleeps to the holidays!!!!!! (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Sandra put me down for the food but no bike ride unless it's on your leccy one :LOL:
terry

IanS

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Glasgow, Glasgow (City of)
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
A long time
Any places left for this? It would be my first meet, and I'm just in Glasgow, so easy one for me to get too, I have seen the wheel before, but only seen the Kelpies from the motorway., The wheel's worth a second visit! But it's mainly to say hello, so happy to turn up for the Sunday or whatever is available. I'm up for the buns and trips and all. (Perhaps not the dancin') cheers, Ian

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@IanS will add you 1st on reserve list.

Anyone wanting to order smokies must do so now as 2mor will be too late. @DavidG58 if you have already messaged Sue she will get back to you but we are both at 80s festival and she has no Internet. Smokies are between 10 -12 ounces and are 7 pounds per pair.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Google DavidG58 link...famous Scottish fish. .. great reviews from top chefs..Do you wanna order a pair Terry?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Don't be wimps.:whistle: You can cycle all the way along the canal bank to the Forth and Clyde estuaries.
Says he that can't make it to the meet.:cry:

Hubby kayaked with a friend from the Clyde to Falkirk in a day to raise money for a local charity. I did the bank support and think I walked most of it :) It would be much easier on a bike - and faster.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No thanks David like I said kippers =too many bones -Max likes them ;)
terry

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Smokies are NOT kippers....... different type of fish and completely different taste. The best kippers are from Craster in Northumberland (you could go back that way :) )

An alternative route would be up the A697 - turn off the A1 just north of Morpeth (think it is signed for Coldstream). You can park for free in Coldstream, the car park off the High Street on the right hand side when you are going north, just past the old church which is now a community centre. It's always full during the shopping day but empty once the shops shut. The A697 is an alternative if the A68 is shut for any reason.

But it's mainly to say hello, so happy to turn up for the Sunday or whatever is available.

We are coming for the day but not sure which day - will watch the weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back