WSB star Anthony Gobert dead at 48 (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
OMG just read that WSB star of the 90’s Anthony Gobert has passed away yesterday at 48.
This guy just ooozed raw talent and ability, he lived hard and partied hard which ultimately lead to his demise. I just loved watching him ride the wheels off the Kawasaki ZX750
RIP Anthony and thanks for all the memories😢😢😢

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
OMG just read that WSB star of the 90’s Anthony Gobert has passed away yesterday at 48.
This guy just ooozed raw talent and ability, he lived hard and partied hard which ultimately lead to his demise. I just loved watching him ride the wheels off the Kawasaki ZX750
RIP Anthony and thanks for all the memories😢😢😢

Read last week he was in palative,end of life care. I saw him race a few times in WSB ,and later when he did a short lived stint in BSB. He raced the wheels off the Bimota with a Suzuki TLR chassis In WSB,and was the youngest winner of a round at 19yrs old. He was a hugely talented racer,and a real character. Sadly he got into drugs and was sacked from a WSB team for failing a drug test.
A few weeks ago his brother,Arran,said he had been beaten by some thugs with baseball bats so severely, I would imagine that could have put him in hospital,and into palative care.

So sad to die so young aat only 48. RIP ‘The Go Show’

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back