strange problem re connecting to web sites windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
when i start chrome i have several tabs saved that are always there face book connects as does mhf and my local papers website ebay and google maps do not connect.those that do not connect give the error

This site can’t provide a secure connection​

www.ebay.co.uk sent an invalid response.

those sites that do connect only allow me to see the first page any clicks on external links results in the same message face book allows me to move around face book but not to connect to any external sites
opening a new tab and entering a we address also brings up the same message
any ideas people ?

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
Sounds daft, but check whether the clock is right on your device. These all look like certificate verification errors which have a date range on them. If your clock is out, it thinks the certificate is invalid.

Beyond that, we'll need a windows expert!

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
That could mean the site in question has a problem with its SSL certificate, this is the secure encryption used by websites to protect your browsing session and any info shared. It's unlikely that all of these sites have this problem so I suspect its down to your local system and browser cache thinking it's looking at something like the SSL certificate from the past and reporting that it's not right that throws a more palatable error such as the one you describe.

You could clear your cache; search for instructions according to the Chrome help - be aware that you have options here, you might want to keep some settings...!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Can you connect to those sites in a different browser i.e. Edge (replaced internet explorer)?

Do you have the current version of Chrome? 3 dots right top > settings > about chrome - will say if current or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back