Burstner owners rear storage question (2 Viewers)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hoping to have some TD680G owners advise their interpretation of the weight limits in their van. We have a 22 plate TD680G with the drop down bed over the dining area and the rear garage and wardrobe sitting over it. In the Burstner handbook (p. 26) and bearing in mind the handbook is generic, covering multiple Burstner models and layouts, it says that the max. permissible load in the 'rear garage and rear storage space' is 150kg and that the 'pull-out in the rear storage space' is 60kg. However, I can't see a definition for the rear storage space. I think it refers to the wardrobe area in which case I presume the 'pull-out in rhe rear storage space' refers to the two large drawers on tbe right of the wardrobe that slide out on runners. Unfortunately I'm just assuming here. If I'm right, what is the limit for the wardrobe area to the left of the drawers? The handbook is silent on this. This makes me think my assumption might be wrong as on page 31 it states 'Observe if the rear garage (or depending on the model) the rear storage space is loaded to its maximum capacity as this will reduce the load on the front axle.....'. What's my worry? If the rear storage space is actually the wardrobe then I can't put 150kg in the garage, only 90kg (60kg being reserved for the wardrobe area). I'm obviously concerned about overstressing the garage floor as I regularly carry a Scooter (128kg) in the rear garage as well as carrying the obvious gear in the wardrobe. Any ideas? Also, have any TD680G owners fitted an external Scooter rack (the foldable type like Memo or Armitage) and what did this involve? Grateful for any assistance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back