Zing along..... (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Fitted an extender stay around xmas, haven't been able to use it yet as the supplied hose had a leak and I'm still waiting for a replacment, but that's another rant....

Last month it's started zinging (as it were) when gas appliances running, I'm pretty sure it's the extendastay tee the noise comes from. One gas ring say, no noise, two some noise louder on three and if the furnace or water heater are run noise. If we get up to everything running it seems to shut up. Tryed the reset game yesterday and even wondered if fitting it in the cold any air under the caps may have expanded affecting the one way valves, ie removed caps and pressurised but no joy.
Any thoughts, or is this anoying noise normal. I know the obvious is to remove but that's a bind as as we're diesel our genys LPG so I've got the whole lot supported, which happens to be part of the extenda stays fitting destructions, ie a bit of a faff.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I get the same noise, whether using the extenda-stay or not.
It comes from the LPG regulator .. the more flow, the more singing

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I use my extenda stay a lot,but have never had this problem,only use the extenda stay to feed gas in from a Spanish bottle as the BBQ is fitted into the side of the RV and has its own gas feed.
Then again it does help as I am a bit mutton jeff.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back