Zig control panel red light always on (1 Viewer)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Since I fitted my second battery properly (wired across both instead of just from one) my zig unit green light (to say I've got good battery) only comes on when on mains or with the engine running. Instead the low battery red light is always on.

Now I know I don't have a low battery because a. I checked with a multimeter and b. I can go 3 days including using the heater constantly without charging.

Any ideas why my light stays red?

BTW.. I have bought a LCD voltage display and a push switch so I might not bother fixing it and instead use the green light as a charging indicator but I would still like to know how to trouble shoot the issue.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What type of Zig do you have MJL ?
Any numbers on it or identifying marks at all ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Looking at the wiring diagram it is possible there MIGHT be an issue on the -ve side between the zig and batteries..
I know you say the batteries seem to be ok and are charging but if there is an issue with the -ve feed you would still get a charge ( through the chassis ) but it might not be great.. And it would give the low battery indicator
This is a real shot in the dark at this stage of the game but well worth a check

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back