Zenec radio head (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi there I am having problems with my radio it’s a Zenec Z-E3726 can’t get any sound out of it after checking all of the settings and all of the connections on the back.
I think as per normal the instruction books are designed to be read by an electronics expert not the end user( well that’s my take on it) they can’t put it in plain words that the layman can interpret.
I’m also having problems connecting anything via blue tooth via the caratec DSP which incidentally I sent away to Germany to have it checked out they tell me it works fine.
I am awaiting a reply from Hymer but I think they must all be on holiday.?
Has anyone out there had similar problems and if so any solutions would be appreciated.
I suspect these radios are pretty crap and might be worth looking at different make.
Thanks in anticipation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think Hymer close to the public for August.
Yet to here anything good about the Zenec unit might be best to cut your losses and buy a decent unit.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think Hymer close to the public for August.
Yet to here anything good about the Zenec unit might be best to cut your losses and buy a decent unit.
Thanks Lenny I believe you are right even if they can sort it under warranty I’m not confident that it’s any good it’s had a few wobbles over the past year.
Any recommendations for a decent one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I'm not really up on the latest offerings I have a Clarion that I'm very pleased with, thats 5 years old now, I swapped it from the last van.
If I was replacing I would probably go for a Kenwood, Pioneer are good but they use a lot of power.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’ve been looking at lots but Pioneer and Kenwood seem to be the best of them probably go for a Kenwood.
Thanks for the reply’s everyone ???

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I must be lucky our Zenec unit is superb and we have had no issues so, is that the witches kiss I wonder.
Yes ours is good when it works but frustrating when it plays up as there’s nothing to be done with it as no one sells them over here.?

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The zenec in my van has been fine, never an issue. I asked Hymer for a data sheet as they have it modified to display the battery/tank data, sorry, we don't do anything. How about the power consumption, no, nothing we record. One niggle was that on my Mercedes base, the power toggle switch is just to switch to engine battery when ignition off.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Problem with changing it is that all the connectors will be different and there are also steering wheel controls which I am not so sure about. There’s also a special switch for blue tooth and connection.??

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Problem with changing it is that all the connectors will be different and there are also steering wheel controls which I am not so sure about. There’s also a special switch for blue tooth and connection.??
You can buy the adaptors for the steering wheel controls, unit should come connections to mate in with fiat loom.

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
Having very similar problems DVT box played up first no reception dvb since August. Sound went on all but sat nav. Full power down. Removal of head unit power cables disconnect and re connected returned sound to all but still no dvb reception. Waiting to get camperuk to look at it as this is a replacement unit as of August 2019. Thinking it might be head unit change for me too.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Having very similar problems DVT box played up first no reception dvb since August. Sound went on all but sat nav. Full power down. Removal of head unit power cables disconnect and re connected returned sound to all but still no dvb reception. Waiting to get camperuk to look at it as this is a replacement unit as of August 2019. Thinking it might be head unit change for me too.
I’ve sorted mine out now this may be of assistance.
I discovered that all the speaker cables were connected via the Caratec Digital signal processor, on disconnecting that and connecting a speaker to one of the cables the sound came back so I have done away with the Caratec DSP and connected speaker cables directly to head unit and then put a separate RCA cable for tv to head unit it all works perfectly now so saved quite a few quid. Although could have gone through warranty I think it would have been more hassle and at least I know it’s working and the head unit has a DSP in it already so why they put a separate one in I am at loss to discover.???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back