Zenec head unit. Poor screen. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
No but that was acceptable for how Many times I use it😊
Just making the point that it is unlikely to be camera fault as all cameras show up equally bad (as did the sat nav till it stopped working). Probably the headset.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just making the point that it is unlikely to be camera fault as all cameras show up equally bad (as did the sat nav till it stopped working). Probably the headset.
I believe these head units & system should have been the subject of a recall by Hymer with so many having problems but that ain’t gonna happen is it?🤔 The problem is that there are so many components to it and they all seem to have complicated workings🤔

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I believe these head units & system should have been the subject of a recall by Hymer with so many having problems but that ain’t gonna happen is it?🤔 The problem is that there are so many components to it and they all seem to have complicated workings🤔
So, just have to suck it up and decide what I want out of it. The sat nav is OK cos I use a garmin, Ill have another look at the picture from the two rear cameras next time I'm out. Thanks for your help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Our Zenec is in a 2014 van so probably a bit dated but I prefer my stand alone Sat Nav. to the Zenec version.

I can't stand the fact that the volume control resets to zero every time you turn it off.

Our screen is quite visible but on the return from a trip last week I went to plug in my iPhone for my own music as the radio reception is so poor and the whole unit just completely froze with a blank screen. It would not turn off. When I got home I had to look up the fuse number and remove it for a while and then it switched on normally again once it had shut down and restarted again.

On the list of something to replace in the future when I find an audio dealer I can trust to help select something good and knows how to instal it!
I had a good old rummage around the settings before we came away this time and I have found the volume setting so that it comes on at the volume you left it at last time- yippee!

I also found a setting for the antenna and it was turned off so turned it on and now have pretty good radio reception!

can’t believe it’s taken me 3 years to sort those out!

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We've got Zenec Z-E3756 fitted in our 2019 van. We use a stand alone sat nav as I prefer to use the monitor as a rear view camera. What I have noticed is that the picture though the monitor starts off nice and bright but becomes a bit dull after a while. Otherwise I'm happy with it.

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Clearly (no pun meant) there's summat wrong with mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
In my opinion the Zenec units are rubbish.

Our 2018 van has one.
The last software update was 2014, and that was 'base version'.

I paid £70 to get a 2020 update which improved it noticeably, it moved from borderline useless to merely cheap rubbish.
Sound quality is not good, front speakers in the habitation don't work at all.

Rear camera, when compared to a 2019 Volvo and 2020 mid range Citroen, looks like something from a Christmas Cracker.
Due to the position it's sited, with bikes on the back, there is no point in even looking at it.

The complexity is way beyond any other similar unit.
The map reading is not as good.
It's choice of routes can sometimes be bizarre.
It's reaction to traffic issues is very slow when compared to others.

And as others have found, it does not retain settings, and occasionally needs to be rebooted from scratch.

In short, If you can find another unit that 'fits the hole' and can be wired up easily enough by a competent auto-electrician then I'd like the make and model that fits.

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
In short, If you can find another unit that 'fits the hole' and can be wired up easily enough by a competent auto-electrician then I'd like the make and model that fits.
Me too. I've settled for only using the radio/media when driving, although the sound is quite reasonable it uses too much juice. I'm using a separate sat nav too. That leaves only a rubbish camera(screen) that I'm stuck with for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back