LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A week tomorrow and we should have been on the Plymouth - Santandar ferry off on our way to meet Penelopepitstop and the rest of the funsters...

Monday the 29th November which was a bad day for us anyway,, I was taken ill with a Liver & urine infection... could not get to the doctors as I would have had to stop at every Lamp-post & Telegraph pole & tree en-route (had to have a pee every five mins).. So the doctor came out pretty dam quick, within an hour, prescribed Antibiotics,, if no change with 24 hours to give him a bell,, very little change even after 36 hours..

The only difference was they were having an adverse effect on my other organs chest - kidneys etc.. he straight away took me off the originals and put me on some different ones, thank gord wihin 12 hours things got considerably better. so much so I now only have a few problems with my Kidneys and a reucurance of my cracked ribs from a few weeks previous..

I have never been ill or felt so crap in all my life as I have over the last six days..:cry:

We had a discussion Judy & myself,, and thought it was not worth taking the chance on the trip down next Sunday,, So we decided that it would be better to postpone and re schedule for just after Xmas & the New Year, Judy contacted Brittany Ferry`s and she was told had we of left it another day we would have lost all our money,, as it was we only lost £25 for admin costs,, which was better than losing the full £525 which it cost.. pheeeew that was close..

Tonight we were supposed to have been going to a top notch restaurant in Dartmouth, a treat from some of our friends, a going away and early xmas get together.. but had to cancell that as well.. :cry:

I also had a pm from Brian (Hilldweller) of his family problems, (I would not have mentioned it but I see he has already explained,) so I am not braking any confidentiality rules.. I wish him all the luck in getting his family dilema sorted, and of our own experience this time last year can only say he has definately done the right thing by not going.

Lastly my sincere apologies to Ant&debs on the axle front,, if I could crawl down a hole and hide I would.. We have been told to leave it as long as possible as these things have a habit of reuccuring .. and the ribs have no where knitted themselves properly..

If any "Funsters" are going to Zahora before the midd`ish part of January and have a bit of room on a trailer or could see their way to stowing axle inside M/H (Which is what we were going to do) can you give it some thought? Size approx is = 95inches long,,, across the hubs approx 16 inches and weighs about 1 cwt.. is clean with no grease or oil and I will wrap the hubs in bubble wrap to avoid any sharp area`s.If not all being well we are hoping to do the trip (not checked ferries yet) 20 -24th Jan..

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings...

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
You did right, Mo.
get yourself right before you even think of going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You old wreck.

Oh Please! take it easy and get properly mended before you swing into action again. Your super hero days days are behind you, be content with being human.

I've lost super hero status, the mother and father of all colds, as only a man can get.

Daughter has taken the first steps, negotiated a load less hours to work. I don't know the detalis yet but at least she's doing something positive.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Mo sorry to hear you are not so hot. Hope you feel better soon, is this a price we pay for getting old ? :winky:

Larry

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo sorry to hear you are not so hot. Hope you feel better soon, is this a price we pay for getting old ? :winky:

Larry

Your avin a laugh,,, not so hot,,,, i`ve been swetting like a little piglet all week..

(quote) is this a price we pay for getting old ? :winky:

Dunno mate you tell me... :ROFLMAO:

Pleased something is getting sorted Brian,,,
Man cold is the next worse thing to man flu, can make you impotent as well, so I have heard.. :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Your avin a laugh,,, not so hot,,,, i`ve been swetting like a little piglet all week..

(quote) is this a price we pay for getting old ? :winky:

Dunno mate you tell me... :ROFLMAO:

Pleased something is getting sorted Brian,,,
Man cold is the next worse thing to man flu, can make you impotent as well, so I have heard.. :winky:

You are damn right it is, I've just got a really serious bout of man flu OOOOOOOHHHHHHH and having to ply it with malt , no not extract, whisky :thumb:
you take it easy :winky:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Get Well Soon

No Probs, Get well soon
Best Wishes
Ant & Debs:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
This thread is making me feel sick now:RollEyes:

Whatever next:Doh:

Man flu:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mo - when did you break your ribs?

I only ask cos Pete broke 5 of his in 2005 and he still suffers whenever he gets a cold of any kind which instantly turns into a chest infection, although TBH he hasn't really stopped wheezing at all since last winter. Good thing for him that he can't hear himself cos it drives me utterly potty esp when I'm trying to go to sleep cos I know it's no use prodding him, cos he can't make it stop ........

Blooming great, innit?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo - when did you break your ribs?

I only ask cos Pete broke 5 of his in 2005 and he still suffers whenever he gets a cold of any kind which instantly turns into a chest infection, although TBH he hasn't really stopped wheezing at all since last winter. Good thing for him that he can't hear himself cos it drives me utterly potty esp when I'm trying to go to sleep cos I know it's no use prodding him, cos he can't make it stop ........

Blooming great, innit?

I only had two cracked ribs about six - seven weeks ago, which also bought on a chest infection..

Hospital said take it easy and not put any strain on my chest and all should be well in about 4 - 6 weeks which should have been this weekend.. but still painful..

Could that (Ribs) have bought on the liver and urine infection cannot think what else?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo,
Sorry we will miss you, leaving Zahora 9am tomorrow for warmer weather in Roquetas, hope you and your are OK.
JK

Sorry to hear that John,, would have been nice to catch up with you and Trish again..

Weather is pretty much the same all over Spain at the moment.. Isn`t it ?

Those friends that lived next door to us in "Torrevieja" said a couple of days ago it was wet,, windy & chilly.. so you might be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire so`s to speak..

I certainly woudn`t come back here for Xmas,, bleedin horrible..

Or truth be known you dont want to come to another Bar-B-Q with us again,, do you? :Tongue1::winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
So sorry to hear your news Maurice.:Sad:

Take care of yourself and get Judy to pamper you - then when you feel better you can come out and enjoy yourselves!:thumb:

We've found another bar with a pool table for your son - it's nearer to the site too!:Smile:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Hi Mo sorry to hear your ill health is delaying your trip to Zahora,i had been looking forward to meeting you as we are sort of from same neck of the woods Poole and Street in Somerset,unfortunatly by the time you arrive i will be back shovelling Donkey shit at work. Hope you improve rapidly and have a good trip down. All the best Trev and Sue::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mo, only just seen this thread. So sorry you had to go through this.

To say kidney and urinary infection sounds quite mild, doesn't it, but I know that the hospital sent for my daughter when I was in hospital with one.... they can be really serious and you probably felt a lot worse than some people with what on the face of it are worse illnesses. They are not to be taken lightly.

Make sure that you keep on top of the antibiotics and remember, that after a couple of weeks of being better should the slightest sign of reinfection come back go to the doctor's IMMEDIATELY. Sorry if sound bossy, but it's because I care about you. You have become a good friend to me over recent months.

Hugs, Joy xx

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I would add to what Jen said, I did have a collapsed lung with the broken ribs. Plus I re-broke one 12 weeks or so later - just from coughing ....... felt it go when we were in France fishing - bloody Gauloises!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just had lovely letter from Jan in Spain, Mo..... she is so disappointed won't get that hug off you now.... so get better soon.:Smile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just had lovely letter from Jan in Spain, Mo..... she is so disappointed won't get that hug off you now.... so get better soon.:Smile:

Thanks "Joy"... wont she be there towards the end of January ?

If not will be sorry to miss her, same with all the funsters we have not met, were looking forwards to meeting so many that have not had the privelage of buying me a few drinks.. :ROFLMAO:

Having my best day yet,,, been out of bed all morning and dont feel to bad.. :thumb:

Look after yourself Joy & thanks.
XXX

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back