ZADI / Vecam, lock barrel replacement guide (Rapido) (2 Viewers)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Zadi / Vecam locks are used on many vehicles but this is specific to Rapido. If your locks don't look like this it may be a later version and not suitable instructions.
The locker doors simply have a quarter turn lock/unlock. If yours don't do this then look elsewhere.
Turn to the unlocked position and remove key
Insert removal RED key
wiggle and pull.
Replacement is just in reverse.
image-L.jpg

The hab door is the tricky one but if it looks like this? carry on.
image-L.jpg

Unlock the door with the key but you will notice the barrel has a sprung return!
So when in the unlocked position you must press and hold the face of the barrel so it remains vertical.
I could not show that as I don't have a third hand for the camera :LOL:
image-L.jpg

Now while pressing the barrel remove the key and insert the Zadi red key, wiggle and pull.
image-L.jpg

To replace you must first replace the barrel with the red key like so, notice it won't go fully home!
image-L.jpg

Now replace the red key with the proper key , turn 90 clockwise and push
image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Now you can let it spring return to the normal position
image-L.jpg

No amount of force is necessary at any part of the procedure, if it's not going as expected re read carefully.

The RED key ** for 9000 series locks
CA_08111312460761-L.jpg

Last edited:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Is it not possible for someone to buy a red key and a new barrel & key put the new one in and open the door, assuming the red key is a master key for all locks or am I missing something @Techno (y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
It seems from @Techno turead above that you must unlock the barrel using your own key first. Then insert red key and remove.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Thank Andy. Key ordered. I am going to install 130w sola panel on our Rapido 7066F.Have found all the cable runs. Install the controller in one of the cupboards. do you have any thoughts on that.

Regards OG1

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Arapaho-65

Free Member
Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho se
Exp
Since 2018
Hi is there a loved the article great information . Iam looking to replace the original vecam lock barrel on my autotrail but would like to replace it with a security lock barrel which seems a more tamper proof barrel. Can you advise if this is possible and were to find such a lock barrel . Thanks David

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi is there a loved the article great information . Iam looking to replace the original vecam lock barrel on my autotrail but would like to replace it with a security lock barrel which seems a more tamper proof barrel. Can you advise if this is possible and were to find such a lock barrel . Thanks David
Techno just so Andy sees the question.

Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690G
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Andy,
I have one of these locks on my toilet cassette door. The problem I have is that it tends to just fall out if I don't happen to lock it properly with the key slot in the horizontal position. In other words it isn't properly secured unless locked. Can I just fit a new one and do I need a red key to do so. Cheers John.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Andy,
I have one of these locks on my toilet cassette door. The problem I have is that it tends to just fall out if I don't happen to lock it properly with the key slot in the horizontal position. In other words it isn't properly secured unless locked. Can I just fit a new one and do I need a red key to do so. Cheers John.
I have the same problem on my fresh water filler cap, the whole barrel comes out with the key when it is in the Locked Position, so I have to leave it unlocked or it would fall out when driving.
I know there are locking pins at the rear of the barrel itself, but how to get them to "bite in" to secure the barrel is my problem.
Not sure if the Red Key would help in doing this as its only used to remove the whole barrel by presumably pulling in the rear locking pins & not forcing them out to lock the barrel.
I think I have some spare barrels in a bag that was supplied with the van from new, I must find them & see if they are all the same.
Any tips would be useful, as the dealer checked this out at last service and said it was OK.:unsure:
LES

Jul 1, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T620g
Exp
since 1969
This is great info . Does anyone know if this red key would work with a FAP lock system ?
No it won't.
This is the key for FAP/FAWO. I bought it for my previous van (Adria) but different locks in my Burstner.

Attachments

• SDC12349.JPG
    SDC12349.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 22
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Thanks again Techno for the original post. I have bought a red key and extracted the barrel from the old habitation lock and want to put it in the new lock fitted to our Pilote G741. Do I need the door locked or unlocked when I do this? Its been so long since I used the key to lock/unlock the door I cant remember if it springs back when I unlock it.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Thanks again Techno for the original post. I have bought a red key and extracted the barrel from the old habitation lock and want to put it in the new lock fitted to our Pilote G741. Do I need the door locked or unlocked when I do this? Its been so long since I used the key to lock/unlock the door I cant remember if it springs back when I unlock it.
If you have managed to remove the old barrel then it must be unlocked. Certainly as Techno says the habitation locks are sprung ( certainly are on our hymer) so you need to follow his instructions regarding the barrel not going fully in and then swapping the red for the normal key. Hope that makes sense? I would advise getting something to stand by you reading out the instructions and with the pictures visible so you can follow it precisely.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Thanks paddymcc we have been running without a barrel in the lock for a couple of weeks with the door locking from the inside or central locking after we fitted a replacement lock and couldnt get the barrel out of the old one (until the red key arrived yesterday). To be honest I dont think I have ever used the key. I will unlock it to fit the barrel in the lock. Our lock is slightly different though but I guess the principle will be the same.

Attachments

• 20210920_083635.jpg
    20210920_083635.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread