Your thoughts on a 2001 Clou 800E (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
jongood How much was the 800E in Polch, age etcetera? Just for the comparison.

Sorry John, can't remember, I noticed it in July when we were looking at something else, They've usually got at least one Clou there and whenever we ve been there there are usually one or two in Riepperts awaiting work.

I still don't think you re going to find one with a drop down bed though.

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
jongood Lack of a drop-down bed isn't a problem, as it has a pullout double in the lounge which satisfies our occasional requirement for additional accommodation.

Are you seriously looking for a Clou?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
jongood Lack of a drop-down bed isn't a problem, as it has a pullout double in the lounge which satisfies our occasional requirement for additional accommodation.

Are you seriously looking for a Clou?
I think I've answered this a few times now John. If I can find the right one I will buy it but not there yet. is it important to you?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry John, can't remember, I noticed it in July when we were looking at something else, They've usually got at least one Clou there and whenever we ve been there there are usually one or two in Riepperts awaiting work.

I still don't think you re going to find one with a drop down bed though.

The dealer over the road riepparts I have never seen such poor vans for sale.

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
The owner tells me it weighs in a 7,400kg, vs brochure weight of 6,750kg. Sounds like one for Jim's weight thread, unless they've been packing it with bricks.

Rules me out.

It's still registered in Germany, so potentially troublesome to transfer given it's in Poland.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The owner tells me it weighs in a 7,400kg, vs brochure weight of 6,750kg. Sounds like one for Jim's weight thread, unless they've been packing it with bricks.

Rules me out.

It's still registered in Germany, so potentially troublesome to transfer given it's in Poland.
The brochure weight is before extras of course and its surprising how much you can add with a few options, to the price as well as the weight :sneaky:

Martin

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Whatever,the pros and cons I have to say this is what a “Clou” is all about and the creation of N+B’s product today although in real terms they don’t compare.
It’s no wonder they hold their value and esteem they simply ouse quality.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Whatever,the pros and cons I have to say this is what a “Clou” is all about and the creation of N+B’s product today although in real terms they don’t compare.
It’s no wonder they hold their value and esteem they simply ouse quality.

Some what ironic really. The complaint is that a Clou is a little on the heavy side whereas plenty of people on here complain that modern motorhomes are not as robust as the older ones.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Maybe a bit late that for that AFAIK the last proper Clou left the factory about 12 years ago. They were nearly all 6 Cylinder proper truck chassis and lots of real wood and heavy options like generators, big tanks and washing machines etc.

If you really want to go for it a C licence isnt that hard to get, as long as you ve got some experience £1000 ish and 5 days and it will make you a better mh driver. Ignore the CPC stuff you don't need it for mh use.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
This was the last model,

If you fancy it there is a shorter lighter one for sale on Mobile.de at the moment, this is a 4 Cylinder MAN so a bit lighter but depending on how keen the original owner was on the extras could still be a bit tight on payload.

Broken Link Removed

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Maybe a bit late that for that AFAIK the last proper Clou left the factory about 12 years ago. They were nearly all 6 Cylinder proper truck chassis and lots of real wood and heavy options like generators, big tanks and washing machines etc.

If you really want to go for it a C licence isnt that hard to get, as long as you ve got some experience £1000 ish and 5 days and it will make you a better mh driver. Ignore the CPC stuff you don't need it for mh use.
Are you sure you can ignore the cpc ? I thought everyone had to do it to get the license in the first place, just not needed later if only driving a motorhome.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Are you sure you can ignore the cpc ? I thought everyone had to do it to get the license in the first place, just not needed later if only driving a motorhome.

100% certain - You only need a CPC if you want to drive for commercial purposes.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
S
100% certain - You only need a CPC if you want to drive for commercial purposes.
i was told that you had to have 2 stages done before taking test minimum even if only driving a motorhome afterwards. That’s what everyone was moaning about. I know you don’t have to continue the cpc once you have passed your test.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
S

i was told that you had to have 2 stages done before taking test minimum even if only driving a motorhome afterwards. That’s what everyone was moaning about. I know you don’t have to continue the cpc once you have passed your test.

I think you may be confusing the CPC with the hazard perception and theory elements.

The driver CPC ( misleading name for a worthless qualification) is only required if you are driving for a living.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
S

You do not need Driver CPC if you’re using the vehicle for:
  • non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use
GOV UK site .

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I think it’s you have to do theory test and hazard awareness and these count as 2 cpc courses but you don’t have to do the following 3 . That’s what I could find.

OP
OP
John Russell
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
I got a provisional C+E on my licence after about four months and three medical examinations. I need to pass the theory, hazard awareness tests, and do around five days including the test. So I think I'll go for that.

The original Clou has gone from the mobile.de site but as Martin says, it's a good idea to upgrade my licence and refresh, as it dates back before 1997.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back