Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Those of you that are interested in such things may notice that they have a drop in post count (mine has dropped considerably:Cool:) Nothing is broken. I have tweaked the settings so that the U shaped lounge and belly locker postings do not now increase post count.

Well that's what I think I have done, its dark and horrible in the admin area:Smile:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
good idea ::bigsmile:

Off to Brownhills today (not to buy) but to look at lay outs and styles, still saving really hard. Hoping to have a motorhome of some description in the new year, then I can be a proper member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Dont panic American Dream is the man to respond to the issue:roflmto::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
good idea ::bigsmile:

Off to Brownhills today (not to buy) but to look at lay outs and styles, still saving really hard. Hoping to have a motorhome of some description in the new year, then I can be a proper member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:winky:

buy a van and build it yourself its mazing what skills you have that are untapped
its all available online except the skill o course

have a sneaky at www. sbmcc.co.uk:thumb::winky:

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Dont panic American Dream is the man to respond to the issue:roflmto::ROFLMAO:

No Issue here John.

I'm still here supporting the site after all these months.:ROFLMAO:

Just hope it continues to be fun:thumb:

Last edited:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI ID like to see the post counts removed who cares how posts you have done!
just my view:RollEyes: ... replaced by what motorhome you have got would better next to your avatar! :winky:

ray

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
just my view:RollEyes: ... replaced by what motorhome you have got would better next to your avatar! :winky:

ray

I second that Ray.I think post counts are totally irrelevant.

What is important is that the site continues to flourish and members continue to take an interest in it and have Fun in the process.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I wholeheartedly agree with Ray & Steve, I'm here because I enjoy the site and the people I converse with.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

ray

Yes it mean nought.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Here Jim just noticed your top of the list now:winky::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Well i never:winky::winky:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This could be one thing that newcomers see that deters them from joining in.
It brands them as novices & may make them feel inferior. We all know this is not true but perception can be a powerful emotion.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi i can feel a poll coming on:Doh::ROFLMAO:

no!! not another poll:Doh::Doh: i here you say!!:ROFLMAO:

yeah dump the post count!! replace with your motorhome!!::bigsmile:

ray

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Just had a quick look at peoples profiles and found this:

PostsTotal Posts: 4,294,967,292 (681,901,193.01 posts per day)
Find all posts by prestige

I think we all have a long way to go to catch up with that sort of post rate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Just had a quick look at peoples profiles and found this:

PostsTotal Posts: 4,294,967,292 (681,901,193.01 posts per day)
Find all posts by prestige

I think we all have a long way to go to catch up with that sort of post rate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Now you see why he sells many motorhomes:winky::roflmto:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Doh: I have only just noticed that my post number has dropped. Must have been too busy doing other things to notice? :ROFLMAO::thumb:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
I think the post count thing is totally irrelevant. I agree that it can put newbies off, as they're branded immediately as being new ... "Oh look, I've only posted twice, yet X has posted 3590 times".

Ditch the count ... the same way we ditched the ranking thing and all became "members".:thumb:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I do find the post count interesting and actually wonder if people just start threads or add replies to increase their count, it would be interesting if someone took the time to evaluate the quality of the post rather than just exclude certain forums, as some of the jokes are far more interesting than a lot of the threads

Perhaps some form of rating could be given to the usefulness of the thread and then on the replies that are given, perhaps based upon the quality of answer as that would give more validity to any count ?.

The other side MHF appears to use a system where people actually thank the person who posted the question/reply, that may give a better count of the usefulness of it rather than just counting how many times a person uses the keyboard

hope that helps

Those of you that are interested in such things may notice that they have a drop in post count (mine has dropped considerably:Cool:) Nothing is broken. I have tweaked the settings so that the U shaped lounge and belly locker postings do not now increase post count.

Well that's what I think I have done, its dark and horrible in the admin area:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am sure that one or two like to have a high post count, each to their own, but i think most aren't really interested. As for the thanks feature we have this installed already I just have not switched it on. We do have a reputation system for thanking persons, though it is little used. (or understood)

Am I right in thinking that most people couldn't care less about post counts? I judge a poster by the post rather than the number of earlier ones. I am sure most people are the same. In the early days of this forum we discussed whether we actually wanted to record post counts at all. They mean nothing, do they?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread has closed. Your posts in the U shaped Lounge do now count toward your post count. The present arrangement for post count may be discussed <Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back