Your 'nearest' favourite camping site. (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Devizes camping and caravan club site .perfect .canal for walking .pub next door and bus stop outside for Devizes. Or Bath.
One set of the wardens from there are now at Sandringham - young couple, really friendly. He was telling me how nice the Devizes site was. They've decided to swap from a carvan & buy a mh so I was telling him all about fun:LOL: you never know, they might join up:D2

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Not as local as I'd like them to be, but Seafields in Seahouses and Derwentwater C&CC site in the Lakes are two of my favourites and both about 80 miles away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Our paddock at home, about six feet from our house. Until I get a proper EHU connection put in, the cable has to go through our letter box to be plugged into the socket in the hall. The cable is a bit long, so I will get a shorter one. Water available from the outside tap about fifteen feet away. The broadband signal from the house is strong as we have a booster in our bedroom near the window in the top left of the photograph. The only site I know where a dishwasher is available for our use. Surrounded by thousands of acres of open countryside and an ancient monument over the road to visit. Makes me wonder why we ever stay anywhere else. :)

IMG_0467.JPG

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Our paddock at home, about six feet from our house. Until I get a proper EHU connection put in, the cable has to go through our letter box to be plugged into the socket in the hall. The cable is a bit long, so I will get a shorter one. Water available from the outside tap about fifteen feet away. The broadband signal from the house is strong as we have a booster in our bedroom near the window in the top left of the photograph. The only site I know where a dishwasher is available for our use. Surrounded by thousands of acres of open countryside and an ancient monument over the road to visit. Makes me wonder why we ever stay anywhere else. :)

View attachment 163715
Is it available as a CL!!!#justsaying:rofl:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
One set of the wardens from there are now at Sandringham - young couple, really friendly. He was telling me how nice the Devizes site was. They've decided to swap from a carvan & buy a mh so I was telling him all about fun:LOL: you never know, they might join up:D2
Met them on their last day at Devizes @Debs s .gave then a packet of my ringtons ginger snaps .they were talking then about buying a mono and I did suggest FUN to them .Roy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Met them on their last day at Devizes @Debs s .gave then a packet of my ringtons ginger snaps .they were talking then about buying a mono and I did suggest FUN to them .Roy
Didn't have to go so far as bribery with ginger snaps though Roy:LOL:

I'm liking the subject of this thread though, it's making me look closer to home:)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We often pop down to Bury Port Harbour all of 20 mins away!

No facilities but amazing views and beach.

IMG_8577.JPG

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Used to go frequently to the Caravan Clubs Wincanton Racecourse. Basic but spotless facilities but huge open skies and fabulous sunsets. Sadly no longer open. Anyone know why?

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We're off to Sandringham C&CC on Wednesday for 3 nights.
Toss up between there and Ocknell.:D
We love Setthorns with the disused railway line and ponies.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Not as local as I'd like them to be, but Seafields in Seahouses and Derwentwater C&CC site in the Lakes are two of my favourites and both about 80 miles away.
We're going to the Keswick Convention in July and staying at Derwentwater C&CC..

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
We're going to the Keswick Convention in July and staying at Derwentwater C&CC..
Have you stayed there before ?.... It's a lovely site, but is very popular and can get very busy. It's also prone to flooding due to Derwentwater being so shallow and fills quickly.

Superbly positioned for eating, drinking and shopping in Keswick (y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012

Seafields is that attached to the Ocean club ?

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Our travels tend to be further afield now as we were both Yorkshire Dales'ed out when we were kids at Grassington and Pately bridge. If we take the Grandkids now its St Helens at Wykeham near Scarborough, we had a caravan there with our kids when they were young, it's still a great site with some large fields, a large kids play park, lovely walks, pubs, etc and as a bonus it's near enough to take a car too to get out and about everywhere else up or down the coast. We like diversity with the kids from crabbing, circus and slot machines to Dolby forest picnics.
Lots of places much nearer home we would happily stay at in years to come, particularly if and when we downsize and move to somewhere less rural.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Oxen Hall Touring Park Shrewsbury,
15mls away
Brian & Jo

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We love Setthorns with the disused railway line and ponies.
Very close third, but only use this site over winter when the rest are shut. Had a great Xmas last year and may well go again. :D:cool:

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
One of our favourite sites is Bainbridge Ings, just outside Hawes or 'Awes. It's a former sheep farm with wonderful views and the smell of Swaledale sheep dung, an elixir which needs to be breathed in deeply to be appreciated.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Been to Bainbridge Ings a few times and it is a lovely spot.
Not exactly local to us unfortunately as we live in Suffolk. :(

Richard.
Anywhere is a long way out of East Anglia. Janet and Mark always welcome us when we visit Bainbridge Ings. We love it.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Lyndon Top Rutland and Sherwood Holiday park

both 38 miles away, about 50 mins

choose depending on weather need to chill or thrash round Sherwood Pines on the bikes

Andy

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Have you stayed there before ?.... It's a lovely site, but is very popular and can get very busy. It's also prone to flooding due to Derwentwater being so shallow and fills quickly.

Superbly positioned for eating, drinking and shopping in Keswick (y)
No, it's our first time on the site. We stayed at The Caravan Club site last year. Is it far into Keswick?

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
No, it's our first time on the site. We stayed at The Caravan Club site last year. Is it far into Keswick?
My mum is disabled and at her pace it takes a little longer, but at a steady walk it is literally 5 minutes. At the end of the access road to the site, you have the option of turning left and entering the centre from Booths supermarket, or you can turn right and walk through the park to the other end of town.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
That's the on (y) R&R in the pool, jacuzzi and sauna feature heavily :cool:

Predominantly a static site, but with a small number of fully serviced touring pitches.

I'm a member of the club but as not using enough might give if up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back