Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Kevin, I tried a pint of Proper Job (on draught) when in Newquay recently. I have to say that I found it lacking in flavour for an IPA. :( I went back to the Tribute Bitter from the same brewery.

Having been gifted a box of beers as a belated birthday present, I decided to dive in this afternoon, after cutting the grass. ;)

First out the box was this.........

View attachment 540058

.........a pleasant stout with plenty of flavour. I personally would have preferred it to be slightly sweeter, with more emphasis on chocolate, but it went down a treat nonetheless. (y)

Next out the box was this from the Thornbridge Brewery, who are also known for their Jaipur IPA.

View attachment 540063

I am only an occasional drinker of IPAs, and I have to say that this was right up my street, being a tad sweeter than many IPAs. It was so refreshing and fruity, unlike the many hoppy ales which taste like something I would prefer at breakfast time, ie, a glass of grapefruit juice. The mind reckons it could sink a few of these Passionfruit IPAs, but at 7% the body would soon decide otherwise. :LOL:

Next, was another Thornbridge offering...........

View attachment 540081

.........and having tasted it, I wish I had opened it before the Passionfriut one, as it's not as sweet, however, it is very palatable leaving a distinctive taste on the palate which I am struggling to identify, but I am edging on orange, as well as the listed lemon and grapefruit.

Bottoms up. :drink:

Jock. :)
Some good testing there :drunk:
If Propper Job was available I’d have it was OK auto have again but it wouldn’t be 1st choice if other options were available. 👍🏻

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Kevin, I tried a pint of Proper Job (on draught) when in Newquay recently. I have to say that I found it lacking in flavour for an IPA. :( I went back to the Tribute Bitter from the same brewery.

Having been gifted a box of beers as a belated birthday present, I decided to dive in this afternoon, after cutting the grass. ;)

View attachment 540058

.........a pleasant stout with plenty of flavour. I personally would have preferred it to be slightly sweeter, with more emphasis on chocolate, but it went down a treat nonetheless. (y)

Next out the box was this from the Thornbridge Brewery, who are also known for their Jaipur IPA.

View attachment 540063

I am only an occasional drinker of IPAs, and I have to say that this was right up my street, being a tad sweeter than many IPAs. It was so refreshing and fruity, unlike the many hoppy ales which taste like something I would prefer at breakfast time, ie, a glass of grapefruit juice. The mind reckons it could sink a few of these Passionfruit IPAs, but at 7% the body would soon decide otherwise. :LOL:

View attachment 540081

.........and having tasted it, I wish I had opened it before the Passionfriut one, as it's not as sweet, however, it is very palatable leaving a distinctive taste on the palate which I am struggling to identify, but I am edging on orange, as well as the listed lemon and grapefruit.

I’ve not tried those Thornbridge ones yet. Have you tried the Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland stout? We all like that in our house!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I’ve not tried those Thornbridge ones yet. Have you tried the Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland stout? We all like that in our house!
No not yet, but it sounds like one I'd love to sample. (y)

TBH, I'd never heard of Thornbridge until I came across Jaipur.

Cheers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
No not yet, but it sounds like one I'd love to sample. (y)

TBH, I'd never heard of Thornbridge until I came across Jaipur.

Cheers,

It’s usually available in Morrison’s on the 4 for £6 offer 😁 that and Theakston's Barista stout are my favourite stout. Although Barista stout has been released in cans there’s no widget in them and therefore it’s nothing like it is on draft!

Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Went to the Hardwick Inn near Chesterfield on Monday this week. Cycled there through Hardwick Park. Sat in the garden, in the sunshine and had the best pint of Theakstons Old Peculier I've ever tasted. It was just right, fresh, served at the right temperature....

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Sat here tonight with a bottle of Doom Bar Amber Ale, its far too easy to quaff, had a bottle of Tribute earlier which was nice, I am deciding what to have next from my very limited mixed selection, need to go beer shopping.
I tried Thornbridge Brewery, Jaipur beer recently, £6 for 4 small tins, sorry guys wasn't impressed struggled to finish the 4 tins over a week.
I hope its better on draught, I will have to wait and see if I come across a pub that sells the stuff.
We meet the lady owner of Thornbridge Brewery last summer at a Fun Rally, down in the New Forrest, with all the pubs shut under Covid she and her marketing director were looking at all possible venues for beer distribution, so Rallies,& all outdoor events, was an avenue she thought worth exploring.
She arrived in a brand new Morello Palace, and invited us to come see her on her estate, even suggested organising a small fun rally, but we have heard nothing since.:cry:
Just goes to prove it is difficult to organise a pee up at a brewery it would seem.
Cheers to all.
LES

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 540058

View attachment 540063

View attachment 540081

Thornbridge is my favourite brewery at the moment their beers are consistently good but heading to high alchohol levels though. Green Mountain is a great NE IPA.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Went to pick up my son's Iveco truck to do a few jobs on it, he'd left me a keg of Lowenbrau Oktoberfestbier in the foot well to go in my Perfect Draught machine, it's lovely stuff and is now sold out on the Beerhawk website as it's a seasonal drink. Once I've drained that, it'll be the Goose Island IPA, but the session one, the higher alc one I don't find as nice ?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Another dive into the Birthday Beer Box from Thornbridge, came up with..........

20210927_163657.jpg

........a really strong citrusy hoppy IPA, but too citrusy for my liking, ie, very much like that glass of grapefruit juice I mentioned before. :( I certainly wouldn't want to quaff two or three of these.

Next was..........

20210929_152243.jpg

.......a dark orange/amber colour, described as an ESB with tastes of lemongrass and caramel on the tongue. For me, it was more like a Samuel Adams American IPA which I do like very much. This wee number was very palatable indeed. (y)

Last out the box was.............

20210929_160030.jpg

...........an IPA brewed to commemorate the success of cricket star Joe Root, the proceeds of which are being donated to the children's charity hospital, which he is the patron of. (y)
This is a lovely smooth and easy drinking IPA, without being overly hoppy and sharp. Again, very palatable indeed, but I do appreciate, my tastes in ales aren't everyone's, and it is purely down to personal likes/dislikes. ;)
That's them all gone now, but I really enjoyed the diversity and choice of ales, bought for me by our daughter. She did ask months ago what I liked, and my answer was, "Nothing below 5% ABV please." :LOL:

Zoobec. I've not been to Morrisons yet for that Wonderland Stout, and on checking out Tesco, I didn't see it there unfortunately, nor the Theakston one. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :drink:

Last edited:

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Another dive into the Birthday Beer Box from Thornbridge, came up with..........

View attachment 542585

........a really strong citrusy hoppy IPA, but too citrusy for my liking, ie, very much like that glass of grapefruit juice I mentioned before. :( I certainly wouldn't want to quaff two or three of these.

Next was..........

View attachment 542593

.......a dark orange/amber colour, described as an ESB with tastes of lemongrass and caramel on the tongue. For me, it was more like a Samuel Adams American IPA which I do like very much. This wee number was very palatable indeed. (y)

Last out the box was.............

View attachment 542606

...........an IPA brewed to commemorate the success of cricket star Joe Root, the proceeds of which are being donated to the children's charity hospital, which he is the patron of. (y)
This is a lovely smooth and easy drinking IPA, without being overly hoppy and sharp. Again, very palatable indeed, but I do appreciate, my tastes in ales aren't everyone's, and it is purely down to personal likes/dislikes. ;)
That's them all gone now, but I really enjoyed the diversity and choice of ales, bought for me by our daughter. She did ask months ago what I liked, and my answer was, "Nothing below 5% ABV please." :LOL:

Zoobec. I've not been to Morrisons yet for that Wonderland Stout, and on checking out Tesco, I didn't see it there unfortunately, nor the Theakston one. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :drink:
They sound like a good selection (y) the cocoa wonderland is always on that offer and we often get it !

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Looking for a perfect Draft machine a good promo came through on email earlier today.

<Broken link removed>

Incase the link does not work

tep up your beer game this payday with your very own home bar!

In case you haven't met our PerfectDraft machine yet, these award-winning beer dispensers allow you to enjoy fresh, chilled bar-quality draught beer without leaving the house.

And for a limited time only, not only are we knocking £29 off the price, but you'll also get a bonus £30 worth of Beer Tokens after purchase to go towards your first keg*!

That's a total saving of £59 - now that's a payday offer worth celebrating!

<Broken link removed> before you purchase and enter the code PAYDAYSALE at checkout to claim this tasty offer.

But hurry, this offer must end midnight tomorrow and only the first 1000 customers that buy this bundle will get this super saving, so don't hang about!

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
009A7F66-B918-47F1-89AA-93DEE331718F.jpeg

One of each of the selection I fetched back from my lads brewery in Chamonix. Looking forward to trying the Vallee noir aged for 12 months in whisky barrels. My favourite is the more traditional pale ale followed by the Neipa (New England IPA) which is a very nice American IPA. They are all good and I would be quite happy to have any of them.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It in now October, and I have not written anything on here since July. I have been away twice since then, I was away in France for a week in August and down in Cornwall early in September. I have also had a lot of new beers over that time as well, it's just that I haven't been on here.

Over the last two days I had four of the beers I bought in France, so I will restart with them.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Just spent a lovely afternoon in the Three Horse Shoes in Warham, Norfolk supping their really good example of Adnams Mosaic. So moorish..didn’t want to leave 😋😉 Not had the draught version of it for a good few years, and it really went down well. 😎

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Tried this Naked Ladies juice at the weekend which was quite drinkable…

C0D1C838-453E-43EA-8AA0-9CD95041E4EB.jpeg

Outstanding, glorious, hoppy golden ale using Herkules, Celeia and Chinook hops for full-flavoured satisfaction. Inspired by the statues of water nymphs in York House gardens in Twickenham, known locally as the “Naked Ladies” – (find out more here)
Winner CAMRA Champion Golden Ale of London 2019

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Tried this Naked Ladies juice at the weekend which was quite drinkable…

View attachment 550976

Outstanding, glorious, hoppy golden ale using Herkules, Celeia and Chinook hops for full-flavoured satisfaction. Inspired by the statues of water nymphs in York House gardens in Twickenham, known locally as the “Naked Ladies” – (find out more here)
Winner CAMRA Champion Golden Ale of London 2019
Now that sounds right up my street..hope I bump into it one day. 😋😎🙏

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@Zoobec. I've not been to Morrisons yet for that Wonderland Stout, and on checking out Tesco, I didn't see it there unfortunately, nor the Theakston one. :(
Zoobec. I searched Morrisons and Tesco shelves again today, and zilch. :(

Cheers,

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Ossian from Inveralmond brewery, and Cairngorm Gold from Cairngorm brewery, both very refreshing golden lagers very nice indeed .

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
My beer of the week I would have to say was a black ipa in a tap bar in kings Lynn. Sorry, the name of the beer escapes me, but it was certainly delicious. It was in

The Nip & Growler Craft Ale House if anyone is around that way​

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
My beer of the week I would have to say was a black ipa in a tap bar in kings Lynn. Sorry, the name of the beer escapes me, but it was certainly delicious. It was in

The Nip & Growler Craft Ale House if anyone is around that way​

I'm over that way on Saturday by bus Steve, so might give it a go thanks. ;)

It’s all change at Wetherspoons where they have done a 20 year deal with Budweiser! John Smiths to be replaced by Worthington.
The words frying pan and fire immediately spring to mind, although the hand pulled Worthington is better than the Creamflow, but still not a lot of flavour IMHO. :(

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back