Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Believe it or not, I have had almost as many new beers this year as usual. Although this year, quite a few of the beers have been bought online and there are still a few to get through.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I haven't tried Jaipur yet, & haven't noticed it in the supermarkets like Sainsburys, Lidl, but haven't been to Tesco in months, might try there next.
True story:
We went on a fun bash in the New Forrest showground a couple of months back, when a large brand new Morello MH, came in to join us. Two ladies got out, first one asked if Jim our founder was present?
We then learned that the driver/Morello owner was Emma Harrison and that she owned a grade 2 listed country mansion, (Thornbury Hall) in the derbyshire dales. She is also the CEO founder of the DWP Back to Work Training Company A4E.

Now with a rapidly expanding brewery also, she attended the New Forrest rally with her PR secretary, looking at various ways of distributing her beer as all her pubs were in lock down.
She passed out a few beers to the vans parked next her....the beer she passed out was Jaipur!
They only stayed the one night, all this info came to us after they had left, and I didnt get in the cue for any handouts.:crying::crying::crying:
It was suggested that they may look into having a Fun Rally at Thornbury sometime in the future, maybe even a small CL, how good would that be(y) The chance of having a real Pee up at a brewery, a dream come true for many.:giggle:
We will have to watch this space.
LES

thornbridge brewery did the beer tent at a local festival we went to. So we tried a lot of their beers then, and really liked them. My favourite of their beers is cocoa wonderland stout, it’s fantastic

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
They are 6 litre kegs 10.5 pints. When you take off your deposit and loyalty points also if you are a member of perfect draft tips on Facebook you get a code for another 15% off. This works out on average about £22 a keg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
20201123_193607.jpg

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
This is a new product that seems to be getting good reviews and traction, its an semi-automated home brew unit and you get the base product (yeast,hops) etc delivered each month through the post

<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
This is a new product that seems to be getting good reviews and traction, its an semi-automated home brew unit and you get the base product (yeast,hops) etc delivered each month through the post

<Broken link removed>

Looks good but I can not be bothered now, I did have a go years ago but found wine to be a better choice, as I had no idea what wine should taste like.

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Looks good but I can not be bothered now, I did have a go years ago but found wine to be a better choice, as I had no idea what wine should taste like.
they change the beer quite regulalry...at the moment the pilsner and stout looks good...do they ever have wheat beers?

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks Guys, I will put Plum Porter on my list to try & find.
Having run out of Hobgoblin Gold, I can now say that I cannot taste any appreciable difference between bottle & can, they both taste great to me, and very moreish.(y)
I tried a bottle of Adnums Ghost Ship the other evening, very strong, one to be savoured & supped slowly, but again very good, with a long length.
Now, I am trying a brand new beer to me, its a bottled American Shipyard IPA,from Portland Maine, its mid amber in colour@5% ABV.
I would never have guessed it was an American blend as I didnt know they could make any decent beers over there:giggle:Having said that its probably brewed in Northampton:LOL:
Cheers everyone.
LES

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Thanks Guys, I will put Plum Porter on my list to try & find.
Having run out of Hobgoblin Gold, I can now say that I cannot taste any appreciable difference between bottle & can, they both taste great to me, and very moreish.(y)
I tried a bottle of Adnums {Adnams} Ghost Ship the other evening, very strong, one to be savoured & supped slowly, but again very good, with a long length.
Now, I am trying a brand new beer to me, its a bottled American Shipyard IPA,from Portland Maine, its mid amber in colour@5% ABV.
I would never have guessed it was an American blend as I didnt know they could make any decent beers over there:giggle:Having said that its probably brewed in Northampton:LOL:
Cheers everyone.
LES
The can is better at preventing UV spoiling of the beer.
Our local brewer would like punters to switch to cans.
I would switch - but after passing some blind taste tests of my fave go to beers.

London Pride, Hobgoblin Ruby & Gold (as you mention) are available in cans & bottles.
Should be a start.
It would be nice to test a dark ale like Old Peculiar though.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Its Hobgoblin Gold for me at the moment, many on here recommended it, so I have been suppin a few recently. I also tried the Ruby, but found that a bit heavy, and noticed that my chest hair started to mat more vigorously the next day. :LOL:
Really hoping that Hoegarten is on special at Lidl before xmas, love that stuff, love pouring it, love savouring the moment, but always feel a little angry at not being able to get a bottle deposit back like they do in The EU.
Cheers everyone.
LES
lidl sometimes have franziskaner wheat beer in, its always in tesco, I prefer it to hoegarten

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
lidl sometimes have franziskaner wheat beer in, its always in tesco, I prefer it to hoegarten
It's in at the moment. I saw it yesterday. 👍

It's on a par with Erdinger for me, and of course............

IMG_20201125_153809.jpg

...........when you can get a hold of it, again, from Lidl, but in cans in UK and Italy.

Cheers :drink:

Jock. 🙂

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
It's in at the moment. I saw it yesterday. 👍

It's on a par with Erdinger for me, and of course............

View attachment 444011

...........when you can get a hold of it, again, from Lidl, but in cans in UK and Italy.

Cheers :drink:

Jock. 🙂
Not had that one either Jock. Does look a good drop though. I’m slumming it tonight on the Abbot Reserve. 😉

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Bosteel's limited edition Bost-Ale is in my PD at the moment. Very pleasant.

Kegs last me about 3 days at the moment during lockdown.

I want to try a draught pint of Jaipur before I commit to a keg, as its at the higher end of their price range.
I think PD will always be Euro-beer aligned... but it is good to see they do entertain some UK craft offerings.

Today, they launched their first stout... Black Magic Dark Arts.
Not for me, but have to applaud new styles & increasing range.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back