LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Had a few Offshore by sharps,a nice balanced pilsner.Ideal on a sunny day near the beach,handsome.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I do not think that anyone actually reads these beer blogs, well a tiny few do but as its my hobby, I will just carry on as if they all do.

Here are the last four I had, still in cans and I still have quite a few cans left to try, I have just had some very good beers delivered, these are for general use.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I discovered Budweiser a few weeks ago , really nice , not the American rubbish Budweiser Budvar , nothing to do with America, just found out they sell it in spar , lech the polish beer is nice too

A few weeks ago I picked up 4 bottles of cloudy cider from the fridge in the local shop , got home to discover I'd picked up the wrong keys , no front door key , everybody out

Luckily the garden gate is on a combination lock so I got in the garden , 2 hours to kill , sunny Sunday afternoon and 4 bottles of cold cider

2 hours later the rest of the family came home but I was legless in the garden,ended up sleeping it off all afternoon

Wife's afternoon plans scuppered , when i came round I looked at the bottles , 7.5% , won't be drinking that again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Bollocks to Covid. A topical and tasty brew from Papworth Brewery.
SmartSelect_20201116-121241_Facebook.jpg

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Love my real ale fav at the moment is EPA from Inveralmond brewery it's an amazing beer as are most from this brewery .

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Enjoying a wide range of Saltaire Breweries beers. Delivered to the door. Particularly liked Titus - 3.9% a nice bitter with a touch of citrus.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Abbot Ale

Abbot Ale - Perfect Real Ale

A fine brew, which not only goes back 1000 years in itself, but it has also been suggested (I do not know the evidence) that this ale is the closes recipe to what was believed to have been drunk 2000 years back.

On another note, back in 1982 I was a paramedic, and having sat for 90 minutes on the Hogs Back near Guildford on area cover, we returned to base in Godalming via the old A3 and the junction with Compton. As we came close to the junction where we would turn right off the A3, there before us was a very large canvas sided lorry, on its side, having turned over. It was a Newquay Steam Brew Beer Lorry, and the entire load was strewn across the road. 100's of bottles and amazingly the majority were not broken, laying on the road. We were quickly joined by the fire brigade, who started to clear the area up, as we took the driver to Hospital with luckily for him only a broken nose.

Less than 90 minutes after leaving the scene to go to the Hospital we went back past the place to go back to base........................

7 fire appliances, and LOTS of smiling firemen, and not one single bottle of Newquay Steam Brew Beer left on the road for anyone to see.

Probably the fastest clear up by the fire brigade ever.:winky:

Adge
Brilliant. It’s an I’ll wind as they say.

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Had a few Offshore by sharps,a nice balanced pilsner.Ideal on a sunny day near the beach,handsome.
Last summer I had a trip booked to France but the weirdest thing happened. Apparently, they had some kind of virus and stopped letting people in?

I’m not sure if its all sorted out now? You see these things on the news don’t you, and then they just disappear?

So anyway, I went to Devon and Cornwall and enjoyed many a pint of Offshore. Tried looking for it in the shops but I think it’s a local thing. It probably won’t taste the same without sun and a beach.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Hopefully if I am allowed out at the weekend, been isolating for three weeks, I will see what Lidl across the road have to offer. We are due a takeaway on Sunday so I have an excuse to find something worth drinking. Last time it was Hobgoblin that was the cheapest but as long as it’s a beer not a larger anything’s ok.

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Moved to Masham, North Yorkshire, population 1200 and home to both Theakston AND Black Sheep breweries and 5 pubs.

Thought I'd work my way through their ranges of ales but have got stuck on Theakston's Old Peculier, the famous strong, dark, smooth tasting beer.

Admittedly its bottled (as opposed to being from oak barrel) but at £12.50 for 8 pints (500ml) bottles collected from the door, there are worse places to be locked down.

Last edited:

Guerrilla

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 2016
Haven't read the whole thread but since lockdown began looked around to find some decent beer to buy (and drink at home of course). Usually prefer to drink real ale but came across various craft beers and decided to give them a try. I am now a convert and buy from Flavourly online at what I consider reasonable prices - around £1.15 for 330ml cans. Anyone else a convert?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Haven't read the whole thread but since lockdown began looked around to find some decent beer to buy (and drink at home of course). Usually prefer to drink real ale but came across various craft beers and decided to give them a try. I am now a convert and buy from Flavourly online at what I consider reasonable prices - around £1.15 for 330ml cans. Anyone else a convert?
That’s pretty good if that’s the regular price but Sainsbury’s often has 500ml ale for £1.25
Re. The craft beer v real ale distinction, I’ve had decent craft beers but, particularly locally, I’m spoilt for choice of real ales.
CAMRA should adapt to look after all brewers but need 75% of member votes to adopt craft beer protection and only got 72% 😳
That was about 2018 & don’t know the current position.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I had a Hatherwoods Amber Adder No3 (Lidl), followed by a glass of fruity Red Wine. The blooming wine was gopping. 😕

My thanks also to Buzz67, for the heads up on the Jaipur at Tesco. 👍
I think I need to go for some milk tomorrow. 😉

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I find craft beer is just another name for dearer beer
You and me both Joe. I won't be taken in by it.
Myself and the boys went into P/Boro (pre Covid) for a few beers, and went into this bar which had a large wall with lots of keg style taps with labels under them. They were craft beers, and blooming expensive considering they were dispensed in smaller measures too. 😡

Cheers,

Jock. 😉

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
You and me both Joe. I won't be taken in by it.
Myself and the boys went into P/Boro (pre Covid) for a few beers, and went into this bar which had a large wall with lots of keg style taps with labels under them. They were craft beers, and blooming expensive considering they were dispensed in smaller measures too. 😡

Cheers,

Jock. 😉
When we have a day out in the capital, we sometimes get involved with a few craft beers (I do like to try them), and some of them are just eye wateringly expensive. I must confess to paying £8+ for such a beer occasionally, normally when I’m 2 parts..😂

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When we have a day out in the capital, we sometimes get involved with a few craft beers (I do like to try them), and some of them are just eye wateringly expensive. I must confess to paying £8+ for such a beer occasionally, normally when I’m 2 parts..😂
Could have 4 decent pints in spoons for that

Guerrilla

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 2016
£29.95 for 24 330ml cans to your door delivered free is the usual price. Being a Northerner I wait for the £1.15 a can offer. This is for a mixed offer, maybe 8 or 10 different beers. Well worth the money. Cheers.

Guerrilla

Free Member
Nov 10, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 2016
Meant to add that of course my first choice drink is real ale, but I don't enjoy it as much from the bottle. Craft beer on the other hand is excellent from the can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back