Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Well we are not in Spain as we should be at the moment, will have to see what happens with that. We are still in the house hardly getting out at all, although I have been having a new beer about every day.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Just had a delivery from Bradfield Brewery. My favourite tipple. Farmer's Blond. A light fruity ale.
20200428_163221.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Tried the Abbots ale reserve not a bad beer but not one of my favourite
does any one read the description on the beer on the back of the bottle ?for the abbots it’s fruit cake but couldn’t taste it

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
does any one read the description on the beer on the back of the bottle ?for the abbots it’s fruit cake but couldn’t taste it
I do but hardly ever agree with it

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well we are not in Spain as we should be at the moment, will have to see what happens with that.
Same here, and I am sure for many others too Ralph. The upside for us personally, is that we don't head down that way until January, by which time we hope to be more aware of the rules and regs which apply to France and Spain, at that time. (y)

As much as I really do like it, I have to agree with you Joe.
With the St Peter's Plum porter, and the Titanic Brewery's Plum Porter, you really can taste the fruit, more so with the Titanic. :)

It's like some beer descriptions mention "biscuit", which I just don't get, ie, what sort of biscuit, Rich Tea, Digestive, Garibaldi, Custard Cream, or Ginger Snap? :doh:

Whilst on a ZOOM Meet with some of the Benidorm Snowbirds this afternoon, I sunk a couple of these................
1588182118123.png
................ from Lidl @ £0.99p a can.
It's a hard one to describe, but it's very pleasant and not hoppy at all, almost like a decent IPA. It is 5.5% ABV. I'm sure the Germans will have a proper name for it. ;)

They are also doing Weissbier @ £1.19 a can, which I always enjoy. :)
1588182395630.png

Cheers :drink:

Jock. :)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Same here, and I am sure for many others too Ralph. The upside for us personally, is that we don't head down that way until January, by which time we hope to be more aware of the rules and regs which apply to France and Spain, at that time. (y)

With the St Peter's Plum porter, and the Titanic Brewery's Plum Porter, you really can taste the fruit, more so with the Titanic. :)

It's like some beer descriptions mention "biscuit", which I just don't get, ie, what sort of biscuit, Rich Tea, Digestive, Garibaldi, Custard Cream, or Ginger Snap? :doh:

Whilst on a ZOOM Meet with some of the Benidorm Snowbirds this afternoon, I sunk a couple of these................ View attachment 383478 ................ from Lidl @ £0.99p a can.
It's a hard one to describe, but it's very pleasant and not hoppy at all, almost like a decent IPA. It is 5.5% ABV. I'm sure the Germans will have a proper name for it. ;)

They are also doing Weissbier @ £1.19 a can, which I always enjoy. :)View attachment 383480

Its a German Marzen beer for Octoberfest although Lidl market under their Perlenbacher brand its from Private Brauerei Mauritius a very old (13th Century) brewer which was part of AbinBev but after a management buyout is now back in Private Hands.

Amazing what you can get for under a pound a can.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

Whilst on a ZOOM Meet with some of the Benidorm Snowbirds this afternoon, I sunk a couple of these................ View attachment 383478 ................ from Lidl @ £0.99p a can.

They are also doing Weissbier @ £1.19 a can, which I always enjoy. :)View attachment 383480

I agree on the plum porter really taste the plum or maybe damson but full of flavour

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
On our way back from providing bloods at our local hospital, I called into Morrisons, and procured another few ales, one of which is this wee number from Batemans. (y)

1588361136240.png

Very nice indeed (y) however, my taste buds didn't pick up "fruit flavours". :(

Last edited:

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Anybody remember Newquay Steam Bitter which came in the flip top bottles? I used to drink it a lot back in the 80's early 90's. I brew my own beer and am looking for a recipe and I am unable to find hardly any info at all. From what I can make out og was 1.038 abv was 3.8%.
As to grain bill and hops not a scooby.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I had one of these earlier whilst cooking, and I wasn't disappointed. ;)

1588454914498.png

A slightly hoppy beers, with flavours of malt and toffee/caramel. Absolutely smashing, and although not one I've had before, it'll be on my list of "must gets". (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I've often had Titanic Plum Porter on draught, and found it to be really pleasant.
Today, I had a bottle of it.

1588538162952.png

I know it's the same as the draught, but for me, it wasn't as pleasant as usual.

I followed it up with a St Peter's Plum Porter, which suited my sweeter palate better.

I'm on the Merlot now. ;)

Cheers :wine:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Well the holiday in Spain that we didn't happen to go on is now over, so I will continue with the beer reviews.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
These are the photos from the gift box of Gayant beer I bought not too long ago

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yesterday, whilst on a ZOOM Meeting with pals I'd normally see down the pub, I tried this Harper's Amber Ale, which I bought from Aldi earlier in the day. The comments in the link describe it well. :)

I believe it's a new addition to the Harper's range, and wasn't disappointing at all. Although initially a bit bitter for my palate, it didn't take long to get used to it, and became very enjoyable.......................................... x 4. :LOL:

If I saw this on draught in a pub, I'd certainly make a beeline for it. (y)

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
My fridge full of strange beers, is starting to get a bit low and is not very full anymore. Not to worry though, I do still have twelve boxes of the stuff in the van.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I am getting close to being up to date with these beer reviews, I think I still have about twenty new beers to try but as we can not get out, that will be it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back