Your Beer of the week (16 Viewers)

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I got a Sub a week or so ago, and absolutely love it. Started with a torp of Moretti which was lovely, and then had a Gandalf IPA which really was amazing. Although at 8% it's not for the faint hearted! I thought I had more left when I went for a glass last night and only got a dribble out :cry:
Loaded now is a Pelforth, and I'm looking forward to the Affligem too. But the Gandalf will definitely be a repeat order!

(If anyone is tempted by the Sub, you can get a 15% off code using this . I've no connection with the company - just a very happy customer :drinks:)

Paul

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Just taken delivery of a barrel of Abbeydale < Moonshine, roll on xmas
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Picked up a mini keg of Vixen for Christmas today.
https://www.charnwoodbrewery.co.uk/our-beers

Having a couple from Dancing Duck tonight.
http://www.dancingduckbrewery.com/beers

9C6857ED-6F64-429A-B80C-BE018BA8F4DE.jpeg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Nice one Ralph. (y)

Out of the ten in your Blog, I've knowing had six, with Affligem being my very first, and up there with Leffe and Grimbergen.

When I was twenty something, I was in Kerkrade with a coach load of sports exchange pupils from the UK, taking them back and forth to Valkenburg every day. Having finished on the first day and settled into my accommodation, I ventured out for a couple of beers, before an early night. I expressed my disappointment to one barman, at only finding lager type ales. He then opened a bottle of ale, and poured into a lovely glass, and said, "I think this may be more to your taste." Well, he wasn't wrong, and what a difference in flavour and quality. It was Affligem, and I struggled for years to find it again (didn't go abroad much), but found it on draught, in a small Cafe Bar in St Malo. (y)
Needless to say, I had 2 x glasses, along with a couple of Cheese & Ham toasties. Absolutely smashing. :)

I didn't know about the Gordon Ales, until a big fan of Belgian Beers presented me with a glass in the shape of a thistle, with a blue, green and yellow tartan band round it. It was a complimentary glass for this.............. (which I've not experienced myself yet).
a-gordon-finest-scotch.jpg

Cheers :drink:

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
The Gordon is rely nice, had it in Auxerre a few years ago and in the proper glass as well.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I will be mainly drinking Swedish beer this week!:drinks:
Is that cos you are in Stockholm, Gothenburg, or Helsinborg Simon :LOL: or cos your local (home) pub has an offer on..................? :LOL:

upload_2018-12-21_18-14-13.jpeg

Cheers,

Jock. :xwink:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Enjoy @Chipster. (y)

I've not had either of those before. :(

Is the Henry Tudor brewed near Shrewsbury by any chance?. I'm expecting the Peaky Blinders IPA to be a strong one. ;)
What strength is that, and the Henry Tudor please................................and obviously, how did they go down? ;)

I'm almost ashamed to say this, and it really does go totally against the grain, if I may say so, but I've just helped our Rita to polish off a (fake Baileys) bottle of Irish Cream Liqueur. :xsurprised:
Surprisingly enough :doh: it's bu@@er all like Abbot Ale or Old Peculier. :xrofl:

:xgrin: Merry Christmas :xgrin: to all contributors to this thread :xThumb: especially to Ralph of @Ralph-Dot, without whom this thread wouldn't have existed.

Nice one Ralph. :xThumb: .............................. BTW, what are you on tonight? :xwink:

Jock. :xsmile:

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Enjoy @Chipster. (y)

I've not had either of those before. :(

Is the Henry Tudor brewed near Shrewsbury by any chance?. I'm expecting the Peaky Blinders IPA to be a strong one. ;)
What strength is that, and the Henry Tudor please................................and obviously, how did they go down? ;)

I'm almost ashamed to say this, and it really does go totally against the grain, if I may say so, but I've just helped our Rita to polish off a (fake Baileys) bottle of Irish Cream Liqueur. :xsurprised:
Surprisingly enough :doh: it's bu@@er all like Abbot Ale or Old Peculier. :xrofl:

:xgrin: Merry Christmas :xgrin: to all contributors to this thread :xThumb: especially to Ralph of @Ralph-Dot, without whom this thread wouldn't have existed.

Nice one Ralph. :xThumb: .............................. BTW, what are you on tonight? :xwink:

The Henry Tudor is a rich red ale. Quite citrus fairly bitter. It’s 5%. Brewed by Tunnel Brewery, Ansley near Nuneaton.

The Peaky Blinder is a “black ipa”. Dark but not nutty like porters, bit bitter finish. 4.4%. :xThumb: By Sadlers, Stourbridge.https://www.sadlersales.co.uk/.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Brew Dog Elvis Juice!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I have not been that well over Christmas although I did have a beer on Christmas day, a pint of Dog Piss.

https://flic.kr/p/2dHkW25
Sorry to hear that you've not been well Ralph. :( I hope you've recovered. (y)

I do sincerely hope that the bottle of Dog Piss on Christmas Day..............................tasted better than the real thing. :xrofl:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Sorry to hear that you've not been well Ralph. :( I hope you've recovered. (y)

I do sincerely hope that the bottle of Dog Piss on Christmas Day..............................tasted better than the real thing. :xrofl:

It was a lot better (I think)

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Couple for this evening's imbibement!,
Just starting the Aviator. A little sweet but nice easy drinking amber ale
20181229_182651.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Probably not a new discovery to many on here, but new to me, are two bottled beers, that are very different, the first is so good that I cant get enough despite the high price of £3 a bottle.
In at no 1: Hoegarten 750ML 4.9% Belgian White beer, cant wait to try on draught, as the bottled stuff is so moresome.:)

In at No 2: Hop House 13 Lager, dark in colour, strong flavour, almost simulating an ale in many respects. Only bought 1 large bottle to try, need another to maybe seal the deal on buying a crate.:)

Sad news on BBC homepage, as I do love a pint of London Pride, London Fullers brewery sold today for £250 million to Ashanti Beer Company, another example of selling off the family silver, what a bloody shame.:(:(:(
Cheers all.
Les

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I had one of these in Brugge, it was described as a dark winter beer.

mcchouffe.jpg

It was rather nice so I had another one then went back to the van and had a sleep, didn't find any to bring home though, must try harder next time.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back