LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If you have a quick look here, these are the Spanish beers I have had over the last few years.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ralph-dot/albums/72157624313097303
I do like the Voll Damn Doble Malta Ralph. (y)

Not Spanish, but an ale we have on at our local, and is a big hit with many, is ................

images

..........but on draught. A nice dark ale with a rich flavour.

We have it on good authority from our new owner/landlord, that having spoken to Molson Coors, he has been advised that their..............

upload_2018-11-18_12-26-10.jpeg

.......... will not be brewed for 2018. :eek:

I am gutted. :cry: ................. ;)

Cheers :drink:

Jock. :)

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-18_12-16-56.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-18_12-16-56.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 7

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I am off to bed now, then away to York in the van for a few days, so it will be next Saturday before I am back on here. Night

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I am off to bed now, then away to York in the van for a few days, so it will be next Saturday before I am back on here. Night

Have a good trip Ralph, there are some cracking pubs in York doing real ale, nice Sam Smith's pub too right on the river, lovely to sit outside there on a nice day enjoying a pint. Kings Arms it's called, have one for me.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There is another near the city centre shopping precinct area too Ralph. It is small and friendly. (y)

Cheers,

I can see a new thread starting here for York, the Snickleway Inn, great selection of hand pulled ale, had Jennings on last time beautiful, lovely old building and did you know Jock it used to be a bloody brothel:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks @Ralph-Dot
Reading with interest,I am bowing to your knowledge/travels on beers, can I jump in please.
I love many real ales that are hand pumped, BUT, the pipes have to have been cleaned especially for the odd Guiness that I also enjoy.
Many a time I will hold back from bar entry and try and judge the state of the beer as its pulled into the glasses, especially Guiness.
I recently had to return 1st and 2nd pints of Doom Bar from a Harvester place near Falmouth, walked out as no apology was given, the bar girl was told to put on the frother attachment on the pump outlet Oh Please!! Shame as it was walkable from our campsite, the decent pub was a drive away but what a difference finding that lovely indie was for all drinks and the food was excellent!
Secondly
I tried a large bottle of Leffe last week, wouldnt want to try it again as it was so overly spiced with clove flavour, I think there are other Leffe beers must have a closer look, cant be all bad.
Thirdly
I am sat here right now with a large bottle of Hoegaarden Blonde Wheat Beer at 4.7%. Its been chilling in fridge for a few days, I opened it, poured 2/3rds into pint glass, shook remaining in bottle to get the best bits, let settle, then topped up.
Result very nice beer, still very spiced to me but not as much as the Leffe, cloudy as it should be, but very satisfying and enjoyable.
Only ever had it on draught in Germany many years ago, but I was heavily into Bitburger draught in those days. Couldn't get it back in the UK though.
Cheers everyone, this thread might lead me astray:D
PS: The Hogs Back Brewery is just up the road from me, a lot smaller than most people would imagine it to be I guess. I wish the Shepherd & Neame brewery was nearer, love a pint on draught from them also.
All the best, cheers for now.
Les

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I am in York now, thanks for all the suggestions, I have been many many times and love all of the pubs mentioned (there are more Sam pubs as well), I am off out now.

Jul 2, 2017
Kettering
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Had a Theakstons Old Peculiar yesterday not had one in ages. On draft too only had in bottles before loved it!

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Does that say 7.4%, really strong then, let us know what it tastes like.
It’s very much a porter. Rich and nutty. One is definitely enough though :D Had to try it as the Monks of St. Bernhardt Abbey have only recently started brewing again. We have some good small local brewers around now, Taphouse Ashby, Tollgate Calke and one of my faves, Charnwood Loughborough for Vixen (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I forgot to post earlier in the week, after sampling a.....................

Broken Link Removed

I know all about it being organic, but for me, it was almost orgasmic :LOL:

Had it not been £3.90 a bottle, I would have had another. :LOL: The other lads were on Sam Smiths Extra Stout, at around £2 a pint. ;)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I forgot to post earlier in the week, after sampling a.....................

Broken Link Removed

I know all about it being organic, but for me, it was almost orgasmic :LOL:

Had it not been £3.90 a bottle, I would have had another. :LOL: The other lads were on Sam Smiths Extra Stout, at around £2 a pint. ;)

Not tried that one Jock, expensive but sounds nice, how chocolately was it?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Not tried that one Jock, expensive but sounds nice, how chocolately was it?
I'm talking really smooth, velvety, and full of flavour Paul, like a quality hot chocolate drink with a tingle to it...........but cold. :LOL:
When I gave them a taste, the other lads wished that had ordered one too. ;) I've not had a chocolate stout that tasted so much of chocolate. :eek:

Mikes been on this today. £2.50 a pint - bargain
8dfcaadb-e70a-4f7b-9a42-ed190cf1d2d2-jpeg.268804
I've had Piddle Beers before Andrea, but not seen nor tried that one.............yet. ;)

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I tried the grosser this week, then I tried more, then it ran out. Nice though. Pelforth on afterwards

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
In the Coop yesterday I got three new cans all from the same brewery and had them tonight while watching the second Blade Runner film. The beers were far better than the film.

https://ralph-dot.blogspot.com/2018/12/tattoo-brew-co-beers.html
I've not seen those before Ralph, but I do like the images on the tins. The third one sounds more my style. :) I'm pleased that you enjoyed them all. (y)
In s restaurant in Vitoria Gasteiz on Friday, I was served a pint of Stone IPA from .........
https://www.stonebrewing.eu/beer/stone-brewing-year-round-releases/stone-ipa
Initially, I found it refreshing, but before I was half way down, it became overpowering with the hops. I shan't be having another. :(

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back