You wouldn’t think it would be so bad!!... (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
After today’s news ref covid I just want to say how pleased I am I stumbled upon motorhome fun.
I’ve had nothing but shite from Facebook groups today due to covid. So many judgemental arses on some groups that have gotten so personal as people have discussed going away since look down will be relaxed.
Such a shame as you join these groups to discuss, get advice and enjoy the topic with others. So many ignorant people that have an agenda to make you feel really bad if you say that your going away in moho the minute the lockdown stops. We’ve not had a chance to use ours yet and have worked every single day with kids at home for the best part, kids at home when they should be in after school club. Just want to get away and I don’t see how they can be so horrible.

Fair play to everyone here for actually enjoying the hobby we have all bought into.
Many thanks James

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We are trying to get overseas for Xmas or just after. If we don't go our back up is a few days in the MoHo on a site here. Thanks to this site people have made suggestions. Makes life easier when you have a dedicated site and decent people to turn to.
That FB thing i only hear bad things, personally i wont and haven't gone near it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
After today’s news ref covid I just want to say how pleased I am I stumbled upon motorhome fun.
I’ve had nothing but shite from Facebook groups today due to covid. So many judgemental arses on some groups that have gotten so personal as people have discussed going away since look down will be relaxed.
Such a shame as you join these groups to discuss, get advice and enjoy the topic with others. So many ignorant people that have an agenda to make you feel really bad if you say that your going away in moho the minute the lockdown stops. We’ve not had a chance to use ours yet and have worked every single day with kids at home for the best part, kids at home when they should be in after school club. Just want to get away and I don’t see how they can be so horrible.

Fair play to everyone here for actually enjoying the hobby we have all bought into.
Many thanks James
Hi James
I feel the same way as you . This forum is really helping me remain upbeat at the moment .
There are some really lovely people here 👍🏻👍🏻

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Glad you found the Forum.

We have booked two nights away in our Motorhome in mid-December. It is an ideal way to remain SD’d. We will be on an organised site, but will use our own facilities so no mixing required at toilet blocks etc.

However, we have cancelled a fly-off holiday in January as we can’t see any way to ensure safety during the flight/stay.

After that we will wait and see what effect the promised vaccines have on CV numbers.

We subscribe to the “take all the precautions you can, abide by the rules but carry on living”, Brigade, but everyone will be different depending on circumstances.

I agree that discussion is healthy, insults and denigration are not.

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
They're behind you!;)
I do love a good Pantomime and miss going with the children. Mind you darling daughter would still go now and she’s 30 but I think it’s the nostalgia from when she was in them as a child with her dance troop! Happy memories, not the mummy helper bit night after night backstage at the Yeovil Octagon after a long day at work. The things we do for love.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Tell the truth! The kids were just dragged along as an excuse for you to go (like the rest of us)!:whistle2:
I admit the boys were both younger so really had no idea where they were going and it was sold as being quite exciting (there’s not much to do in Winter in Sherborne/Yeovil in bad weather) , once the bum and willy jokes started they were fine, albeit mystified! We couldn’t even reward them with a McDonalds in those days, the nearest was Weymouth, now that was an adventure.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
James-Alex ............ One big extended happy family on here.... :hugs:

Some have off day`s... but who does`nt ..?

As you say.... any help wanted or a shoulder to cry on or vent your frustrations....

Some one is always willing to listen and give advice....

Not been on twatter or facebox for years....... too many keyboard warrior that think they know it all...

At least on "Motorhomefun"....

There are only two people that know it all... on here...

And that`s me with Jim the boss fast following in my foot steps..:Eeek::RollEyes::rofl:..

Have a good a Xmas as you can....:cheers:

Next year will be better..................... I promise....:party::drink::beerchug:

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Tell the truth! The kids were just dragged along as an excuse for you to go (like the rest of us)!:whistle2:
I had to drag my daughter along as she got older and at age 12 she refused to go. I bet she would go now 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back