Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
There is a system available called "DADS" (driver alchohol detection system) which prevents a vehicle form being started if the driver exceeds a preprogrammed alchohol level (countries limit).
I know of one coach operator using it, and there are probably many more, i can see cars coming off the production line with it fitted very soon. Calibration would form part of the MOT.

There is an obvious way to bypass this, so I can see the law changing to make D&D an offence in line with attempted murder, and instead of someone assisting a "bypass" being prosecuted for "aiding and obetting", they would also be tried for attempted murder...but without the mitigation of being under the influence.
It made national news when the area I live in was the first in the country to hand out jail sentances for drink drivers, but luckily, over the last few years, people are coming around to the fact that people who are killed or injured by drink drivers are vitims of a crime, and are not just a part and parcel of a mobile nation, we also have pubs situated in areas where there is no public transport and are out of the way, closing.

There is a school of thought, that a car on the road is more dangerous than a gun in the cupboard, not sure I subscribe to that, but I would hate to actually know someone who was killed due to drink, as it is wholly avoidable.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the French have a system

There is a system available called "DADS" (driver alchohol detection system) which prevents a vehicle form being started if the driver exceeds a preprogrammed alchohol level (countries limit).
I know of one coach operator using it, and there are probably many more, i can see cars coming off the production line with it fitted very soon. Calibration would form part of the MOT.

There is an obvious way to bypass this, so I can see the law changing to make D&D an offence in line with attempted murder, and instead of someone assisting a "bypass" being prosecuted for "aiding and obetting", they would also be tried for attempted murder...but without the mitigation of being under the influence.
It made national news when the area I live in was the first in the country to hand out jail sentances for drink drivers, but luckily, over the last few years, people are coming around to the fact that people who are killed or injured by drink drivers are vitims of a crime, and are not just a part and parcel of a mobile nation, we also have pubs situated in areas where there is no public transport and are out of the way, closing.

There is a school of thought, that a car on the road is more dangerous than a gun in the cupboard, not sure I subscribe to that, but I would hate to actually know someone who was killed due to drink, as it is wholly avoidable.

As we know the French have a system... introduce a law requiring all motorist to carry a breath kit... but forgot to work out how someone can manufacture the item in the time frame... simples they say.. new law in July .. but not informed to November..... I wonder how much tax the French make on this...

Now next we will introduce it and government will make a fortune out of more motorist.

Soon you will be no more than a passenger in a car... no need for a driver.. it will start and stop like those little carts at Heathrow Airport from the car park... glad I am getting to old to worry about.

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back