Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Driffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
A council worker ran in to my van :Angry: and luckily he's owned up to it because my 8 year old lad was watching him.
All he damaged was the rear and side skirt, no structural damage.

This was 3 weeks ago and their insurance sent a guy round after a week to estimate the damage.
Phoned the repair centre up today to find out what the score was and he said he was having trouble locating the parts. Only place he can find is Danum Motors in west yorks and they seem to be taking their time.

Anybody any ideas anywhere else the guy could try. Cant use the van because the brake lights hanging and theres loads of sharp edges on both skirts.....:cry:

CI Carioca 656 (2005)

Les..

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Try this

Link Removed

or contact the manufacturer as they have a uk website address - see below

http://www.ci-motorhomes.co.uk/

Email them or phone them under the contact us section and I am sure they will be able to help you further

good luck hope you get the bits easily

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
cant you claim for "loss of use" from the council

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Only place he can find is Danum Motors in west yorks and they seem to be taking their time.

Les..

Hiya,
this is where we bought our CI from.
Its a dealership and they do services there. Well the habitation checks anyway. As far as i know they ship out for the mechanical side of the service.
I'm not making excuses for them , but i guess they will have to order in all the bits and pieces.
Why dont you look on the web for all other CI stockists, thats what id do, if i wanted to see if i could get it sorted quicker.
Bev

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
sebthe gecko is spot on - but you'll have to keep records of how you went about it, phone calls etc, so you can show you really tried to get it sorted quickly, and can prove it, and with any luck the council (or their insurers) will pay something to avoid further hassle.

It's moral blackmail, but both the council and the insurance company have no such compunctions!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Smile and Wave Yorkie! If that rear elevation needs replacing - which sounds like it if the light is hanging out (it will need resealing anyway due to the impact) It will cost BIG money!::bigsmile:

Get onto the manufacturers, as they will know where you can get the parts, and who they have sold parts to - ie older panels sent to repair shops etc.

OP
OP
Yorkie

Yorkie

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Driffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
cant you claim for "loss of use" from the council

thanks seb, my insurance company gave me a number to ring today. said it was for their legal team.
soon as i mentioned that the kids had a week off school and we were going to alton towers then onto london, he gave me the phone number and said:
'with this happening you WILL be compensated for the weeks holiday missed and every weekend there after, because i'm sure you use your motorhome every weekend aswell':winky:

first thing monday morning job i think....

still heard nothing from the repair company and wanting to go to the Newark Show...

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
thanks seb, my insurance company gave me a number to ring today. said it was for their legal team.
soon as i mentioned that the kids had a week off school and we were going to alton towers then onto london, he gave me the phone number and said:
'with this happening you WILL be compensated for the weeks holiday missed and every weekend there after, because i'm sure you use your motorhome every weekend aswell':winky:

first thing monday morning job i think....

still heard nothing from the repair company and wanting to go to the Newark Show...

result.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back