You know what (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Great idea. But first I think I'll set up a screen in front of the steering wheel, show last year's dashcam footage and sit in the driving seat making brmm-brmm sounds.:smiley:

No, this lockdown is not affecting me at all.:worried:
was looking through computer files last night and found a couple of saved dashcam files so had a trip from betws coed to llanberis followed by a trip from heligan gardens to newquay, will have to get dashcam out of motorhome should have some more footage of cornwall on it

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
was looking through computer files last night and found a couple of saved dashcam files so had a trip from betws coed to llanberis followed by a trip from heligan gardens to newquay, will have to get dashcam out of motorhome should have some more footage of cornwall on it

was just thinking, would you/could you upload them to youtube and share them with us here so we can all go on a virtual tour around? am sure lots are getting twitchy feet and missing the touring and countryside.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Got a photo this morning of a friend sitting in his motorhome looking like he was having a great away day, but parked on their drive. wish we could do that in ours. awning may go up in the garden when the weather improves.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
One different thing about having a day/night in the van a la drive, is that if he behaves himself, maybe Bobby the cat can come with us(y)
He should be OK, if we dont start the engine, otherwise we might need to get the first aid kit out to deal with the bites, hand & arm scratches:eek:
LES

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
One different thing about having a day/night in the van a la drive, is that if he behaves himself, maybe Bobby the cat can come with us(y)
He should be OK, if we dont start the engine, otherwise we might need to get the first aid kit out to deal with the bites, hand & arm scratches:eek:
LES
Though Tina were talking about Les..... got to the end of the post to realise it 's Les talking about the CAT!!!!??????

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Ha don't go to Cornwall you'll be in trouble, have to wait till this all. Smudger55

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Ah, the good old days... remember those things we used to call traffic jams....?

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
LES
In house again tonight after NO SLEEP in van on drive... first cat jumped on the van roof at midnight - sounded like a small elephant apart from plaintiff mewing. We opened skylight tried to get her to jump onto drop down bed.eventually I had to go into house to get tuna to tempt her near so we could nab her. Half hour later second cat repeated the game - but she took no persuading to leap through skylight.Then they needed out .. Then back on the roof . Four times we raised the roof light , that was a good game. The cats had more sleep than us.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Now what a good idea?. Somewhere there is dash-cam footage of the entire Highway One from St Luis Obispo to San Francisco. Have to pretend it`s an R-V though.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Here we go fellow Funsters, a full 38 mins dash cam footage of Applecross Pass.

Not mine I hasten to add, I've never admit to owning one of those Hymer thingies, noooooo sir-eeeeee, don't want that rubbish ??‍♂️

Hmmm is it me, or are they a bit too fast ??‍♂️

So I'm thinking, if you pull up 2 chairs, right in front of your japuta screen, have your coffee in your travel mug, pop the dog in its harness, pop the map on SWMBO's lap, preferably the wrong way up, as no female that I've ever met, can navigate without moving it about, then with a bit of imagination, your on the NC500.

It's technamaolagy at its bestest and can all be done in your slippers and pants if necessary.

Oh and no need for a mask ?.......winner :)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I spend lots of my time trying to teach men how to map read believe it is not only some women who are inflicted with this desease MAPMOVEMENT Syndrome :unsure:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
In house again tonight after NO SLEEP in van on drive... first cat jumped on the van roof at midnight - sounded like a small elephant apart from plaintiff mewing. We opened skylight tried to get her to jump onto drop down bed.eventually I had to go into house to get tuna to tempt her near so we could nab her. Half hour later second cat repeated the game - but she took no persuading to leap through skylight.Then they needed out .. Then back on the roof . Four times we raised the roof light , that was a good game. The cats had more sleep than us.

Gotta love a cat

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why didn't you shut the cats in the house?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not another house where the dog gets the blame?????
Not always, hubby can drop smelly ones but nothing compares to the ones the 3 dogs do!

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Hey, snap!:LOL:

"Pass of the Cattle" to Applecross....

Winter... with Fred Delius blasting out on the stereo. Almost a spiritual experience... (y)

loved that seeing the pass from the opposite direction, lovely choice of music too, thank you..(y)
personally i love driving when the weather is 'atmospheric' it gives me tingles, makes me feel more alive, hard to explain............

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Now what a good idea?. Somewhere there is dash-cam footage of the entire Highway One from St Luis Obispo to San Francisco. Have to pretend it`s an R-V though.
They have 2 cat flaps and no litter tray... we are wondering about a cat flap in the van - the charity sleepout ( for NHS )) is on again at Easter ....
My Mum and Dad had a trapdoor in the floor of their caravan cos the cat traveled all over with them even up to Scotland regularly. Never ever got lost even though it was out all night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back