Yorkshire or wales in June discuss (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Booking like an idiot now but for June haven’t anything booked . Wales or Yorkshire for a week is the question. Travelling from Southampton so the distance is about the same and have two aging dogs to take with us . Love views , shores and mountains - any recommendations are welcome

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Booking like an idiot now but for June haven’t anything booked . Wales or Yorkshire for a week is the question. Travelling from Southampton so the distance is about the same and have two aging dogs to take with us . Love views , shores and mountains - any recommendations are welcome
Debatable, their mountains are bigger our beer is better. The people are similar, you be welcomed in both. Wales might just be busier as it’s nearer the large conurbations of the South. Yorkshire will be colder as it’s further North. We both have loads of sheep if that’s why you’re coming. In fact the more I think about it the more alike we are. Steam trains in both, check, beautiful scenery, check, rugged coastline, check, great foody pubs, check. Fiercely proud, check. Mining check. Steel works, check.
They are almost the same place. Come and check us out.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
There are probably more sheep in Wales?

For me, in June, it may be how the policies on England v Wales have or have not diverged from Covid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Debatable, their mountains are bigger our beer is better. The people are similar, you be welcomed in both. Wales might just be busier as it’s nearer the large conurbations of the South. Yorkshire will be colder as it’s further North. We both have loads of sheep if that’s why you’re coming. In fact the more I think about it the more alike we are. Steam trains in both, check, beautiful scenery, check, rugged coastline, check, great foody pubs, check. Fiercely proud, check. Mining check. Steel works, check.
They are almost the same place. Come and check us out.
We have puddings
Aye we ave lass, they ave cheese sauce on toast and leeks, lots of leeks.
Wales has the Mach Loop, if only there was both reliable weather & flying schedules...

Tough choice, I like both.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Wales has Welsh Cakes and Laverbread beer and Whiskey :tounge:
I think you’re supposed to be putting things that are good😂😂😂🥃. I do like your whisky though. I only discovered it a couple of years ago and it became one of my favourites immediately.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Wales has the Mach Loop, if only there was both reliable weather & flying schedules...

Tough choice, I like both.

The UK low flying timetable: here
For three areas 🤔
I was a little surprised. I didn’t think Wales had the ONLY mach loop but it looked that was the case via Bing - Until our Gov came up with 3 areas 😳
Maybe only the Welsh one is a loop or speedy 😜

These training areas are:
  • LFA 7(T): central Wales
  • LFA 14(T): northern Scotland
  • LFA 20(T): the borders of southern Scotland and northern England

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I would go for Wales, as I have said before Pembrey country park is a great place for walking, wide open spaces and beach. No mountains. I am going there in September, I am also going to Yorkshire in May so it is a close call.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Dafarn Rhos campsite lligwy beach Anglesey. Right near beach great walks on headland to Moelfre. Dolphins seals and if lucky Basking Sharks can be seen .

Apr 26, 2012
lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2006
Don't forget that the best things out of Yorkshire and Wales are the roads.

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have 2 weeks booked in Yorkshire in June
Never had a 2 week holiday in UK ,nor in a motorhome for that matter

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I spent my first 20 years growing up in Yorkshire and now live in north Wales. Both have beautiful landscapes and plenty of tourist attractions.
however! The COVID restrictions are very different in England and Wales so I would wait as long as possible to see if the places you want to visit will actually be open and choose on that basis.

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
There are some AMAZING breweries in Wales.

Purple Moose are superb! One of the very best, ever. From anywhere in the world. Also Clogwyn Gold by Conwy Ales. Another of my favourites is Cwrw Llyn Brewery. Their Seithenyn is beautiful, as is Brenin Enlli.

I used to manage a good real ale pub on Anglesey who, during my time there, severed ales from exclusively Welsh breweries. I was spoilt for choice. 🍻

One of the best in Yorkshire though is Saltaire Brewery. I really like their Cascade in summer. But it's not a patch on the best of the Welsh ones. And that's coming from an Englishman.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back