Yippee my fridge is working again (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
After posting regarding the condensate bottle overflowing in to the control panel of our Dometic fridge freezer and stuffing it up I am chuffed to say it is working again. It took a lot of perseverance with the hair drier and it has sulked for three days but started up yesterday and works on all three supplies, so thank goodness it looks like we have got away with it.

Seriously look if your condensate bottle is located in a silly place and if so stick an overflow pipe on it, I cannot believe that we can all be so lucky all of the time

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
image.jpg
Posted before but worth another go.
The bottle is just showing at the top centre of the picture and the pinkish pipe in the foreground is the new overflow pipe that I have fitted which I am certain Dometic should do in the first place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
After posting regarding the condensate bottle overflowing in to the control panel of our Dometic fridge freezer and stuffing it up I am chuffed to say it is working again. It took a lot of perseverance with the hair drier and it has sulked for three days but started up yesterday and works on all three supplies, so thank goodness it looks like we have got away with it.

Seriously look if your condensate bottle is located in a silly place and if so stick an overflow pipe on it, I cannot believe that we can all be so lucky all of the time

Thks laneside very useful/helpful post
having read your post I went and checked mine as we have a domestic fridge and to my surprise our bottle was nearly half full with no overflow (van is only 8 months old) can you please tell me where u connected the overflow too, tried looking but can't see the top of the bottle, did you have to take the fridge out for access
Thks mark

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thks laneside very useful/helpful post
having read your post I went and checked mine as we have a domestic fridge and to my surprise our bottle was nearly half full with no overflow (van is only 8 months old) can you please tell me where u connected the overflow too, tried looking but can't see the top of the bottle, did you have to take the fridge out for access
Thks mark

No no need to take fridge out just reach up and feel into the plastic container and you will be able to get hold of the plastic pipe and pull it out. This is the one that needs extending and draining to the outside of the van, I have since re done ours with smaller bore tube which is available at low cost on ebay if you search windscreen washer tube and you can even buy a plastic connector.
The purists may say the container acts as a water trap so with the thin pipe I have put a "U" bend in but not sure it is necessary.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes I wondered as well Jim, I thought the water that condenses from ice was good enough to use to top up batteries?

yes, melt water or condensate from a fridge is just moisture from the air.. .. It's not de-ionised, but better than hard water from the tap. I recall my dad collecting it when mum defrosted our fridge.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Having read your post and looked at the picture you posted I decided to have a look at the one on our MH.
I hadn't realised that there was so much gubbins behind that vent. :Eeek:
That's the last time I hose ours down after a good wash without the vent covers being fitted.
I must have squirted loads of water through there at some time or other. :doh:

I had a rummage around and found the small plastic open topped tank, not a bottle, but there was no pipe running into it.
In fact, I can't find a drain off pipe at all.
What's the betting mine doesn't have one :RollEyes:
I will have a good inspect later and see what is going on in there.

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Having read your post and looked at the picture you posted I decided to have a look at the one on our MH.
That's the last time I hose ours down after a good wash without the vent covers being fitted.

I had a rummage around and found the small plastic open topped tank, not a bottle, but there was no pipe running into it.

Rummage some more it is only a pipe like what is on your screen washers or at least ours is. I will certainly look at more vans as we set off towards Portugal next week to see if they are running the gauntlet as we have. If it saves one person a new board at £130 it will be well worth it

You gotta rummage a bit more yet then

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Rummage some more it is only a pipe like what is on your screen washers or at least ours is. I will certainly look at more vans as we set off towards Portugal next week to see if they are running the gauntlet as we have. If it saves one person a new board at £130 it will be well worth it

You gotta rummage a bit more yet then

I will enjoy a good rummage :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back