Yey we did it!!! First Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
We spent the bank holiday at Cannock Chase Camping and Caravanning Club site. Well being so close to Discover Cannock we went to have a mooch around. One of their team approached us to see what we were after and he took us to look at an unregistered 2007 Eura Mobil Profila Alcove 660HB.

The van had the essentials we wanted; double floor, large garage, 2 large double beds, awning, bike rack, cruise control and cab air con. After we'd asked lots of questions we were left alone to have a sit in with our daughters. We noticed a few things need rectifying such as missing fridge slide lock, spotlight and damage to a lower skirt. Despite this we got a good feeling about the motorhome and asked for a part exchange valuation on our car/caravan. After much bargaining and making sure the little niggles are corrected we paid a deposit. Discover have also agreed to fit an extra 240v socket, ariel and TV bracket. We found the staff at Discover Cannock very helpful and hope it continues.

No more faffing with aquaroll and wastemaster. Is there an essential bits of kit list for motorhomes?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well done on your purchase, sounds like you made the right choice. As for your first motorhome essential, its one of these of course:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
:roflmto: We need a new corkscrew, broke the last one trying to get into a bottle of rose to fast.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Glad to hear you made the right decision!

With vital equipment always carry a spare. I have 3 corkscrews in my van::bigsmile:
An aquaroll is an awkward item to carry, most make do with a hose when they can drive to a waterpoint or a watering can when they can't. Most essential item is probably a kettle, take 2:thumb:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I made the same move up from my caravan to an RV the dawgs were our deciding factor as when they run along the van side by side the furniture moved in the van:Doh::RollEyes:

The RV has home like solid furniture.

Best move we ever made although we loved our years vanning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well done on your purchase, sounds like you made the right choice. As for your first motorhome essential, its one of these of course:Smile:

congrats on your new m/h,
and of coarse, you'll need one of >>Link Removed<< and >>these<<......:thumb::thumb::thumb:

there will always be things you really "need" and the list is endless...:ROFLMAO:

john.

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Eura Mobil Profila 660 HB

Hi Mean Machine Im in process of negotiating for one of these at the moment.Would you be able to give me a ball park figure on your deal or PM me.
Kind Regards

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
caravan retailers in debt

Steve ,
thanks for the info I will of course not hand over any readys untill collect van and part pay on credit card to giv eme protecton and be able to go after card company as well
kind regards

Upvote 0

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Paying by credit card

Hi all,
I wanted 'belt and braces' peace of mind when I bought my first (used) motorhome (which I will pick up in the next few days) so I checked with my credit card company first regarding the protection of paying using it.
I was already aware that it is protection provided by the Consumer Credit Act - because a debtor/creditor/supplier relationship is formed - but I was unsure if I could part-pay only using my card e.g. pay the deposit by cash/cheque and the balance by CC.
They checked with their Legal Department who said that the whole amount had to be paid by CC. However, I could use 2 cards - one for the deposit and another for the balance (not necessary if your CC limit is higher than the purchase price).
The dealer that I am buying from wasn't 'enthusiastic' about a CC transaction for a large amount because he pays a fee to the CC company for the service. Obviously the interest charged by CC companies is horrendous so I intend to pay it off within a month (savings aren't attracting much interest at present).
I hope this helps you to avoid problems by part-paying with a CC and falsely believing you have 'protection' until it is too late.

Happy motoring,
GrandmaLiz

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back