Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Well done Terry.

It is Men like you that help stop scams.
I take my hat off to you.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
you working for ebay ?

:roflmto:

::bigsmile: No Jim just look at newly listed m/h s every day :winky: The one's I spot are easy to see so I post the links so that smarter funsters can report them to eBay :winky: Better them get reported and at the same time alerts funters so they don't fall for it :winky:--- besides it's good practice at copy and paste with this tablet::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Could you explain to the uninitiated what makes it a scam please?

Hi the vans for sale are for very low prices, less than half there worth and most are for sale through new members wil 0 feedback giving you a email address to contact the seller:winky:Most have only 3 pics, and it usually says item location UK rather than a place:Smile: they get you to pay for the none existent van through PPal convincing you that the money is safe because you are dealing with PP-- I assume because it is fraudulent PP will not have to honor the tranaction and you would be left to pay the money that PP has paid the seller.No doubt the seller will have moved on before anyone can catch up with them.:Eeek:They also hack into people's accounts, no idea how but it must work or they would not do it ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This is the lastest one posted as I typed my last post ::bigsmile:
Link Removed
terry

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi the vans for sale are for very low prices, less than half there worth and most are for sale through new members wil 0 feedback giving you a email address to contact the seller:winky:Most have only 3 pics, and it usually says item location UK rather than a place:Smile: they get you to pay for the none existent van through PPal convincing you that the money is safe because you are dealing with PP-- I assume because it is fraudulent PP will not have to honor the tranaction and you would be left to pay the money that PP has paid the seller.No doubt the seller will have moved on before anyone can catch up with them.:Eeek:[HI]They also hack into people's accounts[/HI], no idea how but it must work or they would not do it ::bigsmile:
Terry

how do they hack into people's account.
I sent an email just to see what it was all about. They said van was in Scotland
What do they hack into, ' email or PayPal'

Got me worried a bit now.:Eeek:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
how do they hack into people's account.
I sent an email just to see what it was all about. They said van was in Scotland
What do they hack into, ' email or PayPal'

Got me worried a bit now.:Eeek:

No idea Lesley.they are a lot clever than me ::bigsmile: so long as you send no money I wouldnt worry :winky: they may try to get you to pay via western union :Eeek:::bigsmile:
terry
Link Removed

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
This is the reply::bigsmile:

Due to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works:

- you give me your full name and shipping address
- I start the transaction with the eBay,
- they send further payment instructions,
- you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
- they confirm me that they received the funds,
- I deliver the motorhome,
- you receive the motorhome,
- they send me the money.

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the motorhome in good order.
Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

Sarah

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Yep SCAM. I saw a Hymer a couple of years ago, up for a silly 'buy-it-now- price, around £3500 I think). Contacted the 'seller' by email (gmail AGAIN) to get the reply that he was out of the country at the moment but his driver would deliver it (to West Wales from Coventry) etc.etc. Same assurances as mentioned above. I said 'ah, we're going up to Derbyshire in a couple of days and would call by, have a look at the van and if we liked it, pay the money. Got a quite plausible reply about this not being possible and so on. Looked through ebay and found the same van & pics., on sale at a MH dealer in Humberside. I called the dealer and he was not actually aware he had been hacked. I reported it to ebay.
I also wrote a report about the scam on ebay.
A couple of months later I had a message through ebay messaging from a distraught lady asking me if I could enlarge on my 'experience' with the scam as her mother had just been fleeced to the tune of £4800 - for a MH which had been advertised as being in Midlands somewhere ... she'd been taken in by it - obviously the MH, which turned out to be on a dealer's forecourt hundreds of miles away didn't materialise. No come-back on ebay because she had dealt with the 'seller' through the email add. on the posting.
It's easy to say it should be obvious by the silly low price but I remember mentally justifying the price of the MH I was looking at - maybe they are looking for a quick sale etc. etc. When you have your heart set on a particular item it's easy to be blind ... :Sad:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
always seems to be a gmail address as well

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

i should of said usually or in the main
didnt want to edit the post after it had been
comented upon

but always always beware

once spent you wont get it back unfortunatley

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
i should of said usually or in the main
didnt want to edit the post after it had been
comented upon

but always always beware
[HI]
once spent you wont get it back unfortunatley
[/HI]

How true

I have [HI]spent[/HI] my youth

And unfortunately cannot get it back.

In my head, I am YOUNG:Smile:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001

Looks pretty unlikely to me! Try www.adbsp.com - the domain name is registered by:

Domain Name: ADBSP.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM ...............
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 17-nov-2012
Creation Date: 17-nov-2012
Expiration Date: 17-nov-2013

Looks like someone just set it up for the scam with email in November last year, no web site has been set for the domain .... enom is a USA domain registrar.

Cheers

PS Looking at this link they have tried the same thing and words before!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Funsters are great at finding info :thumb: where / you find it beats me ::bigsmile: but if my spotting and your reporting saves one funster or visitor from getting scammed then all's good :thumb:
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back