Yet another meet plagued by generators!!!! (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Sat here on Shell Island all nice and peaceful watching masterchef and forum browsing. No generators allowed here ever anytime & no electric! (y) just to help it onto page 23
Six days now, home on Saturday.
EDIT I like to sit with all the lights on too just to rub it in :whistle:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My coolbox draws 3A at 12V and is really useful though many years old. After its been running for a couple of days it really chills the beer (and the glasses to put it in)
My Dometic fridge is as much use as doggie doodoo lately so I'm using my Halfords 40 litre coolbox (also sold with much more expensive names on like weaco waeco lol) It is amazingly efficient and beers are much colder than the fridge in only a couple of hours. It is rated at 47 watts and the difference between net and gross output on my solar regulator tends to support this at a little over 4amps.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Our super duper Honda 2.0l is so quiet we have to keep going to look if it's still there or been stolen, it's soooooo quiet. We have put a microphone at the side of it and an amp inside the van but still can't hear it. All we can hear is the noisy kids playing footy and other very noisey peeps! So we've had to bring the mic in now for peace and quiet.

We run everything off it including a 10 kilowatt hairdryer, 12k toaster, 14k kettle a 6 bar electric fire, a 65" TV and a powerful air pump, 7,000 watt, to keep my inflatable doll and sheep up to a good pressure! It runs for a whole week, under load, with just the fuel in the genny tank.

WONDERFUL!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
the way it 'should' be .. (y)
It is so wide open and quiet here that you can hear the cows mooing on occasion so far away that you can't see them. Even one generator would be heard a mile away so imagine if all the campers here were allowed to use one .
Might as well camp on the M25

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Our super duper Honda 2.0l is so quiet we have to keep going to look if it's still there or been stolen, it's soooooo quiet. We have put a microphone at the side of it and an amp inside the van but still can't hear it. All we can hear is the noisy kids playing footy and other very noisey peeps! So we've had to bring the mic in now for peace and quiet.

We run everything off it including a 10 kilowatt hairdryer, 12k toaster, 14k kettle a 6 bar electric fire, a 65" TV and a powerful air pump, 7,000 watt, to keep my inflatable doll and sheep up to a good pressure! It runs for a whole week, under load, with just the fuel in the genny tank.

WONDERFUL!

Rex, you should probably insist Janet gets her own username if she's going to be stirring things on controversial threads.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
It is so wide open and quiet here that you can hear the cows mooing on occasion so far away that you can't see them. Even one generator would be heard a mile away so imagine if all the campers here were allowed to use one .
Might as well camp on the M25

Except our's of course!

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
When I said back in post #23 that this thread would run and run, I didn't think it would get to 430 posts, will it get to 5oo ? all about nowt nor summit :sleep::sleep:o_O

just to help it along, thinking of maybe swapping my titchy mobility scooter for one of these..
battery charging sorted..:D

scooter-jugaad-technology.jpg

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Blimey Rex. Is this a side of you and Janet that no one would believe existed? Real dark horses - who would have believed it? Only thing missing is a Hammond! :)

NO COMMENT!

Except Hammond! Do you mean the sauce, Richard or the organ?

By the way, you don't happen to have an old pair of handcuffs, from the old days, that you don't want, do you Martin?

Janet's out at the moment. Better be careful or I will land up in the fertiliser. Mind you, I am always in it, just the depth that varies!

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Think yourself lucky jockaneezer on your thread 25, the woman could have had the washing machine and spinner going as well :madder:. by the way what was she in, must have been a big RV. Mew & Mick

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
just to help it along, thinking of maybe swapping my titchy mobility scooter for one of these..
battery charging sorted..:D

scooter-jugaad-technology.jpg

Sit on that for rapid castration :moon2:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Would that be by the machine or by Generator Hating Funsters?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am delighted to see this thread is still alive and kicking...

Last night I stayed overnight near a fridge truck... BIG engine running on and off through out the night...

Slept like a baby...

Freeloaders are rufty tufties.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back