Yet another meet plagued by generators!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Generators and dogs in the same thread, this one should run and run
any room here for a natter about A-frames:eek: for gods sake generators are part of our beloved hobby get over it.it wouldn't bother me and Jo if we were totally surrounded by generators,we would just increase the volume of the cd in the motorhome:LOL:.chill out.
Brian & Jo

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The law of average says I must have sited close to a generator but to be honest I cant think of a single time when I have even noticed one. Like living near a railway or Airport, you just don't look out for planes trains or even generators. Now if someone made a real nuisance of themselves then I would have a word but it would have to be a very inconsiderate person to get my freckles up not just a run of the mill geni user.(y)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Dogs rarely bark continuously, in fact I am not entirely convinced our lab knows how to bark! A generator does cause annoyance, especially if used inconsiderately. Don't get me wrong, I have no truck with these people who object to one owning a generator, since I actually do own one.

I thought it's a good idea, because you know if you are in a generator area, it's a fairly safe bet that someone will be using a generator.
OK but where does it end?

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
They should be banned on 2-3 day meets, surely everyone knows when they are going away to ensure that their batteries are fully charged to last !!
Should never be on before 11 am nor after 8 pm.
many a good afternoon sitting outside with a drink in the sun having a chat spoilt by some inconsiderate twat running a bloody genny.
BTW water in the tanl does sort them out !!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
They should be banned on 2-3 day meets, surely everyone knows when they are going away to ensure that their batteries are fully charged to last !!
Should never be on before 11 am nor after 8 pm.
many a good afternoon sitting outside with a drink in the sun having a chat spoilt by some inconsiderate twat running a bloody genny.
BTW water in the tanl does sort them out !!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
If I had to use my generator for emergency reasons I don't think I would be too happy with you putting water in my generator

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
what @JJ had to say when his peace was shattered..

Quote:
These people’s vans obviously depend on their wealth but again, in general, tend to have loads of stuff on/in them. I don’t think of them as “true” van dwellers in so much as they haven’t adapted their lifestyle to the different requirements of van living. They are still fully committed to the ways of house dwelling. You know who they are the moment night falls and you hear the whirring of their automatic, roof top satellite dish as it searches for the correct satellite in order to allow the latest episode of their favourite soap opera into the van.

It was the owner of one of these type of vans who broke my sleep and my heart just after nine o’clock this morning.

He fired up his petrol driven generator shattering the awesome peace of this beautiful spot.

I was so livid that after gathering my senses together I stormed out to video his selfishness for posterity. After shooting the scene in such a way as to try to give the viewer some idea of the peaceful nature of the location (I am a novice amateur with a camera) I suggested to the man that he invest in some solar panels. He proudly announced that he had those as well (completely missing the point.) I then suggested he stopped watching so much television and grumped my way back to my Wagon.

For completeness sake I must report that he did then switch it off but by that time the damage had already been done…

Unquote;

and how it sounded..

http://www.wagonman2000.blogspot.co...d-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
what @JJ had to say when his peace was shattered..

Quote:
These people’s vans obviously depend on their wealth but again, in general, tend to have loads of stuff on/in them. I don’t think of them as “true” van dwellers in so much as they haven’t adapted their lifestyle to the different requirements of van living. They are still fully committed to the ways of house dwelling. You know who they are the moment night falls and you hear the whirring of their automatic, roof top satellite dish as it searches for the correct satellite in order to allow the latest episode of their favourite soap opera into the van.

It was the owner of one of these type of vans who broke my sleep and my heart just after nine o’clock this morning.

He fired up his petrol driven generator shattering the awesome peace of this beautiful spot.

I was so livid that after gathering my senses together I stormed out to video his selfishness for posterity. After shooting the scene in such a way as to try to give the viewer some idea of the peaceful nature of the location (I am a novice amateur with a camera) I suggested to the man that he invest in some solar panels. He proudly announced that he had those as well (completely missing the point.) I then suggested he stopped watching so much television and grumped my way back to my Wagon.

For completeness sake I must report that he did then switch it off but by that time the damage had already been done…

Unquote;

and how it sounded..

http://www.wagonman2000.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4
not the most pleasant experience first thing in the morning but are folks allowed to publish registration no images of peeps with out there consent though there were laws regarding a individuals privacy

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There should be an area for those that want/need to run gennies.
At least 50 miles away, even the quietest generators make an annoying low frequency throbbing noise that penetrates peace and quiet.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Solar Panel`s.............. Now them bloody thing`s....:swear:

I was at a Rally and someone near had a Solar Panel that sticks up and follows the sun....:clap:

Just so happens a bit of sun`s glare/reflection bounced off and shone in my face while I was trying to have a kip on the sofa... :giggler:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
What about those troglodytes who light up fags outside their habitations thus violating the clean, fresh air that we all appreciate ! Why can't they stay inside with their noxious fumes ?:boxing::swear2::reel:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
not the most pleasant experience first thing in the morning but are folks allowed to publish registration no images of peeps with out there consent though there were laws regarding a individuals privacy
Depends on where the video is taken. In a public location, then yes, on a private piece of land, probably not. On a campsite would count as being public, since so many people take video's of the other half making a balls up of pitching etc, and then post to you tube :D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
What about those troglodytes who light up fags outside their habitations thus violating the clean, fresh air that we all appreciate ! Why can't they stay inside with their noxious fumes ?:boxing::swear2::reel:
Oi, that's me that is :D

True story, early one morning (I don't like smoking throughout the day, and allow myself one or two, so usually in the morning) went and found myself a little hidey hole with a bench, bear in mind this is 6am in the morning, on the beach. lit up, minding my own business and nursing my cuppa. I hear faint coughing and look over, about 200 yards away, a woman shouting at me, "Oi, don't smoke so close to my van" I wouldn't have minded but the wind was blowing my smoke away from her!!!!

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
That is partly the reason i do my own thing and not attend big group meets, you have people that pull up so bloody close that you can barely open your door, and worse still have that f everyone else attitude and have a genny running when ever they want,

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Solar Panel`s.............. Now them bloody thing`s....:swear:

I was at a Rally and someone near had a Solar Panel that sticks up and follows the sun....:clap:

Just so happens a bit of sun`s glare/reflection bounced off and shone in my face while I was trying to have a kip on the sofa... :giggler:

Honestly.....that is simply to much to contend with!:)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Oi, that's me that is :D

True story, early one morning (I don't like smoking throughout the day, and allow myself one or two, so usually in the morning) went and found myself a little hidey hole with a bench, bear in mind this is 6am in the morning, on the beach. lit up, minding my own business and nursing my cuppa. I hear faint coughing and look over, about 200 yards away, a woman shouting at me, "Oi, don't smoke so close to my van" I wouldn't have minded but the wind was blowing my smoke away from her!!!!
I think I would have put her van in a down wind position and lit my BBQ burnt cooking fat all day
bill

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Generator motorhome club rules or doors must point to the right aka caravan club all members must be deaf in the left ear first fun meet Afghanistan or any other remote area if anyone can play drums please bring them along that should piss off ISIS

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

maybe ask JJ.. his video..

but as far as I know you can take pics or videos of peeps in public places and publish without consent..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back