Rally Chat Yes!!! We know it's next year, BUT! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
We would be interested in these, something to look forward to.
Gary and Ang

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am very pleased to announce an update on this thread.

As a result of the encouraging comments and positivity coming out of the original post,
today I committed us to holding a seven night event at Ashbourne Heights Caravan Park.

I have obtained what is in effect exclusivity in one of their areas which will allow you all
to be surrounded by fellow Funsters. With the exception of the use of one seasonal pitch
we have in effect, our own private campsite .

We have obtained 19 pitches with EHU and 19 pitches that are Non EHU.

Very early in the New Year, I will be posting up the usual full details of the event with a request
for a deposit.

Regards

Emmit.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I am very pleased to announce an update on this thread.

As a result of the encouraging comments and positivity coming out of the original post,
today I committed us to holding a seven night event at Ashbourne Heights Caravan Park.

I have obtained what is in effect exclusivity in one of their areas which will allow you all
to be surrounded by fellow Funsters. With the exception of the use of one seasonal pitch
we have in effect, our own private campsite .

We have obtained 19 pitches with EHU and 19 pitches that are Non EHU.

Very early in the New Year, I will be posting up the usual full details of the event with a request
for a deposit.

Regards

Emmit.

Hello Derek

Is this, as you suggested in your original post, last week in June 2022 you’ve booked for? (w/c 27th June 2022?) Just so I can (optimistically) pencil in my diary!

Thanks

H

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hello Derek

Is this, as you suggested in your original post, last week in June 2022 you’ve booked for? (w/c 27th June 2022?) Just so I can (optimistically) pencil in my diary!

Thanks

H
Not quite.
Ashbourne
Friday 24th June to Friday 1st July.

Bedale will be;
Friday 1st to Friday 8th July.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm interested but won't / can't commit to anything at the moment :) I would not wish to take a place that someone else can definitely take up just to have to cancel at very short notice.

The first site sounds great (and the second is in a beautiful area) - perhaps we would be able to go independently at a different date.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I appreciate that there are many Funsters who understand how I organise events and more importantly how I DON'T operate.
I also take it that for every Funster who knows, there will be many, especially 'newbies' who don't know.

For info (and please don't take umbrage if you've used this phrase),
I don't put peeps on a provisional list, I don't pencil anybody in and I don't save places. Oh! I don't have 'Mates rates' either.

For EVERY event, I post in the 'Sheduled Rallies' section the details of each event. I give prices and dates and the facilities of the site and area. That's it.

On that posting, I give a time and date in the future for anyone who wishes to attend the event to post on that entry that they'd like to attend. It's usually open for names the following Sunday evening.
That way, every Funster;
Gets the same chance to see what's on offer.
Chat to a mate about going (I don't take third party bookings).
To post that they'd like to attend.

When the limit on pitches is met, I operate a Reserve List.

For this, and every event we will be running next year, I'll post, Pre Christmas in 'Rally planning' what we are running as a one line entry.
The scheduled rally posts will start to be published in January and, because we are running umpteen events will be spread over several weeks.

Thank you for getting thus far and your understanding.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Gooooooooooooood Evening Mr and Mrs Emmit .
From the House of Yoghurtpot we would be very interested in attending your Rallye at Ashbourne next year, and possibly our first Rallye event if we don’t get on anything sooner.
Will keep an eye on the postings in due course.
Many Thankyous
😊👍

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Derek, you're a star. Looks like the early tour, the last bus back is at 14:30. Oh, and of course if we're successful in the fastest finger lottery for this meet.
:pray:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks Derek, you're a star. Looks like the early tour, the last bus back is at 14:30. Oh, and of course if we're successful in the fastest finger lottery for this meet.
:pray:
Put it this way,
The fastest 'fill up' for a place on one of our rallies was 21 minutes.
I would feel fairly confident of you getting a place should you hear the clock strike the opening hour, go on line and book.
I wouldn't choose that moment to go make a cup of tea.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
What a response! How many places will there be? Well done Emmit for finding this venue 👍
Sorry Oscar,

I missed your question re this.

As a result of the response to my post, I went back to the Management of Ashbourne's campsite and got some more EHU plots.
We have 19 Non EHU and 19 EHU pitches. Probably more important, with the exception of one pitch occupied by a seasonal pitch (which the management of Ashbourne do not see as being occupied when we are there), we have a complete field which is totally enclosed and therefore, from my perspective, makes the site more secure.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Interested in both ..

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Cheers Derek, very interested in both (can I wear my Glastonbury wizards outfit :LOL: )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back