Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Do Tell Bertram :tmi:

Less of the Bertram, Debbie...Part of it's a military range...now mainly RAF bombing I believe but formerly for Naval Gun Fire Support (NGFS) training etc etc.....:D

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Great stuff, we're not going to be staying for various reasons but will be there with some of the Grandchildren. Looks like the line up is getting better by the day. One thing if it is a sunny day there is virtually no shade so suncream, water and hats are a must. Hopefully will pop in to say Hi to Richard on the Vulcan stand.

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hope all you guys are tucked up in bed! Weather looking good for tomorrow, let's hope for a great show!!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hope you all have a great time - sorry we can't be there - maybe next time?!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hope all you guys are tucked up in bed! Weather looking good for tomorrow, let's hope for a great show!!
The last two days have been a bit of a tease, there's been quite a bit of flying from various aircraft.....
We missed the Globemaster C17 coming in as we were in the museum and didnt hear it:RollEyes: and I was in the shower and missed the Vulcans arrival:doh:
Looking forward to today.....not sure about the weather at the mo and folks are already queueing to get in:eek:, gates open at 9, flying starts at 11.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The last two days have been a bit of a tease, there's been quite a bit of flying from various aircraft.....
We missed the Globemaster C17 coming in as we were in the museum and didnt hear it:RollEyes: and I was in the shower and missed the Vulcans arrival:doh:
Looking forward to today.....not sure about the weather at the mo and folks are already queueing to get in:eek:, gates open at 9, flying starts at 11.
Going to wait for the queue to ease off before going ..looking good though for today ...

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Been and done! With 2 grandchildren 2 & 5 year olds. Son in Law fairly busy on site! Great show, Red Arrows gave a great display and it was nice to see the Vulcan before retirement. More importantly the weather held good. Hope you guys on site have had a good time. Florrie had to have a sleep!
image.jpg

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
That photo makes it look like it was shoulder to shoulder but it really didn't feel too bad at all. One of the best airshows I've visited for pure variety of aircraft when you take into account that it really isn't a very large show.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
First time we have worked at Yeovilton (we were in the Vulcan Village) and I have to say it was a cracking show.
Security staff were friendly and helpful so no hassle getting in and out (unlike the OTT bureaucracy of RIAT) and having the campsite just across the road made life so much easier.
We never get to see much flying as we are too busy but we did watch the finale which was very impressive.
Our Vulcan was the star of the show of course, although I may be a tad biased. :)

Richard.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
I went with some friends , i live in Yeovil, and we were sat right near the front to the side of the disabled grandstand. Great day out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back