Yeovilton Airshow 2015 (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Debs just like there are 2 lots of Bertie Bassetts on Fun there are also us Wombles (Karen & Alan) & Womble (perhaps that's Angela?) :eek: Thought I had better say or it might stick & I'd get called it at the rallies :unsure:
Great that you like the idea of this as a rally though:D
Wooooops - I've been away a few days and am just catching up Karen - so sorry, no idea where I got Angela from lol :doh:.

Thanks for the great updates and hard work.....much appreciated (y)
X

@Wombles

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Have a deal sorted. Away for final visit to Baltic Wharf at the moment. Will post details on weekend
Thanks, will look forward to that....
Lucky you at Baltic Wharf:).......lovely and great wardens.
Love Bristol:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ah!! When SWMBO worked for Westlands at Yeovil, we went several times. Also the Somerset CC centre of which I was then a Rally Officer, used to run a rally nearly under the Flight Path, near Limington!! every time there was a show!! Wonder if they still do?.
BTW. I thought the old "Stringbag" Shown in the Photo had crashed and was being re-built?.

Pete.

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hi all,
This ticket price is only available to those who are booking on the site overnight at Yeovilton. The ticket prices for advanced purchase are £18 adults, £6 3-15 year olds inclusive and the brochure is £4. There are No booking fees. They are unable to give a concession on the overnight parking fees this year. There is a bar and probably snacks available from the clubhouse or you can BBQ in the "marked" area. Apparently there are some fuel venting pipes nearby!! So use the designated area. The area used is the sports field for the base so showers are available but I'm not sure if they are individual or the usual sports club type. If you would like a booking form please message me your email address and I'll send one over. You can follow the progress of the show and see what aircraft are taking part on Facebook
IMG_1784.JPG
I think the Vulcan might well be there, what a noise!!

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Yes, Vulcan confirmed
10372946_750897961674184_6880752371019596180_o.jpg

FIRST PARTICIPANT CONFIRMED - VULCAN XH558
XH558 the world’s only flying Avro Vulcan bomber, is RNAS Yeovilton Air Day’s first confirmed flying display participant. Now 55 years old, this thunderous Cold War icon will be among the largest, heaviest and noisiest types involved in this year’s show. Air Day will also be one of the few airshows where the public can visit XH558 on the ground and enjoy the experience of a guided ‘under-wing’ tour in addition to the full airborne display. We look forward to welcoming XH558 back to Air Day!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, not being a facebook bod, could you tell me what it's called please so I can tell Les to have a look for it?
Cheers

Pm sent

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Very tempted since the Vulcan is going...
The last time I saw her flying was Mildenhall, late '80's and I was VERY pregnant and had just gone into one of those lovely porta loos when she did one of the low, slow fly pasts with the bomb doors open - I thought I was going to go into labour:Eeek:....:D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for the prompt response jem..........our forms and cheque now in the post(y).........yep honest..... at 0030! ;)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like this meet is really taking off now!:blusher:
Not heard back from contact at Haynes Motor Museum yet but will chase next week. Problem with getting group discount is getting everyone together at the same time but still worth enquiring even if lots of Funsters go seperately as still extra business for them. Apparently Haynes do have rallies there (just water & waste points) sometimes & lots of space so did ask about option of Funsters who had visited on the Sunday after Yeovil Air Day being able to park there overnight but not confirmed yet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hi Debs,

Thanks for that. Had our son in law, daughter and kids for lunch. He's the Director in charge for AHA for the Airshow and says there are some interesting aircraft in the melt at the moment. Will keep you informed,
Jeremy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Debs,

Thanks for that. Had our son in law, daughter and kids for lunch. He's the Director in charge for AHA for the Airshow and says there are some interesting aircraft in the melt at the moment. Will keep you informed,
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy, look forward to the updates(y)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If you want to see the Vulcan this could be one of your last chances.
It is possibly her last year flying as she is fast running out of engine life and there may not be enough 'cycles' left in the engines to fly in 2016.
So, make the best of her while you have the chance, there will never be another one flying.
We won't be joining your rally but we will be there working in the Vulcan Village. Please do come and see us.

Richard.
PS. Hot news. Vulcan confirmed for full display at Weston-super-Mare on Sunday 21st June.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks Jeremy, look forward to the updates(y)

Seconded(y) as it's very difficult to keep up as the Bassetts are 'social meejah averse':blusher:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Debs,

Jeremy

Jeremy are you compiling a list of attendees please? Working nights keeps me in the dark until I return to my coffin at dawn.;)

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
I'll put a list of attendees together but it looks like half a dozen or so at the moment. As space is limited for overnighting if anyone wants info please come back to me. We're hoping to be there but as family are involved with the show we may be looking after little ones and it's a bit noisy to take them!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I'll put a list of attendees together but it looks like half a dozen or so at the moment. As space is limited for overnighting if anyone wants info please come back to me. We're hoping to be there but as family are involved with the show we may be looking after little ones and it's a bit noisy to take them!

Many thanks Jeremy, very good of you to go to all this trouble and not attend yourself.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Haven't heard back from Haynes Motor Museum yet so have sent an email to the relevant contact & will post on here with details of what may be possible once a reply received :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@jemhorn

Hi just looked at the website which says tickets are now on sale.......should we have received anything - tickets/confirmation etc?

Cheers
Deb

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back