Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 580PR
Exp
Since 1996
The little yellow engine light has come on followed by loss of power, 2008 Ducato 130MJ. MPG dropped considerably. Any suggestions/pointer appreciated.
Tel

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ours is same year.
Lived with it for a while but just had it put right. It was the butterfly that regulates the fuel mix.
If the system sees a mismatch between what you are asking for with accelerator and what you are getting then the engine warning light comes on!

That was mine anyway!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I think you have gone into 'limp; get you home mode, could be anything but needs to be checked, most garages have the equipment these days to analyze fault codes

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brightsparkretired

brightsparkretired

Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 580PR
Exp
Since 1996
Thank u both for your replies, just went for a P & he presto. Due to problems with this van (only done 8000) I think ksebruce's suggestions might be the answer due to lack of use. Is it easy to get at the butterfly to fire a drop of WD40 on it
Tel

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Don't know as now i am retired i don't get my hands mucky!!!

I got fed up of the light coming on and as i live in France i have my 2 yearly CT (mot) due soon so i had it replaced! I was told it is a sealed unit! Cost in France for replacement was around €550 including tax!!!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It could also be nothing at all. I, and a couple of others I know of, had this happen - all I did was start up and shut down the engine 5 times and the computer reset itself. It could of course be something else but, hey, it's worth a try!

TerryL

OP
OP
brightsparkretired

brightsparkretired

Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 580PR
Exp
Since 1996
:D
It could also be nothing at all. I, and a couple of others I know of, had this happen - all I did was start up and shut down the engine 5 times and the computer reset itself. It could of course be something else but, hey, it's worth a try!

TerryL
Just gave it a try & it took 4 to re-set but a gave it another 2 just to be on the safe side..:D:D
Thanks all for your help
Happy as a dog with 2 tails now
Tel

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The little yellow engine light has come on followed by loss of power, 2008 Ducato 130MJ. MPG dropped considerably. Any suggestions/pointer appreciated.
Tel

Buy a cheap Bluetooth ODB2 reader off eBay (under £10). Pair it with your Android phone and run Torque Lite. This will tell you what the car thinks is wrong with itself. Alternatively, pay £200 to a garage, who will ignore the reading and replace every single part of your engine in turn for a further £4000.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back